PrincessTragedy0101
GiantSpoonMan

Earth is Only 6000 years old

PrincessTragedy0101

Pro

I believe that about 6000 years ago God created the heavens and the Earth in six days.4400 years ago there was a flood. The big bang, carbon dating, the geologic column, and Pangaea are all false teachings. I believe that Evolution is a totally ridiculous and dangerous idea. Evolution is not Science it is a religion. There is no solid evidence of evolution therefore it must be believed. I can prove everything i have said using only science and the scriptures. No outside sources. I am not against scinece, i am against the lies being taught. Evolution is wrong and creation is right. todays population, math, science and scripture is what i will use to prove my points.

6000 years ago God created the heavens and the earth. 4400 years ago there was a flood. Adam was the first man in the world, he begot seth, seth begot enosh , so on and so forth... the ages of these men leading up to noah span about 2000 years, if you dont believe me then go do the math for yourself. 4400 years ago in the time of noah there was a flood. The flood reduced the population down to 8 and time history was recorded from that point on. Equaling about 6000 years. There it is proven in math^^^.

Earths oldest tree is only about 4000 years old. The sahara desert (oldest desert) is only around 4000 years old. the great barrier reef (largest reef) is only around 4000 years old. These ages date back to around the time of the flood. When the flood waters receded everything was reborn... Now tell me if the earth is billions of years old.. Why is the oldest tree only 4000 years old, why isnt there a bigger desert, and why is there not a bigger reef? The governement watched the great barrier reef grow and calculating its growth rate sais that it was about 4000 years old. The saraha desert has a wind that sweeps up its sand and spreads it increasing its size, using that information, they were able to calcutlate that the Sahara dessert is only 4000 years old. There is your scientific proof^^^

The moon is moving away from the earth a few inches a year. now if the earth was billions of years old... The moon would have been hovering just barely over the surface of the earth... talk about high tide...More scientific proof^^^

The rapid increase of our population also proves that 6000 years ago God Created the heavens and the earth in 6 days. If you look at the increase in population you will see that about 4000 years back... there were only about ten people... Dont believe me? Do the math. What happened 4000 years ago? oh! thats right! a flood wiped everybody out. and our population dropped to the 8 people and all the animals on the ark... Population evidence^^^

"In the beginning god created the heavens and the earth"
GiantSpoonMan

Con

Hello and I'm sorry it took me so long to post my argument. I have been busy.

Your first paragraph hardly needs to be addressed since it doesn't really hold any weight, it's just your opinion. Now on to the second paragraph. You are claiming that the earth is 6000 years old which is clearly untrue. Your logic is faltered in every way. The largest hole in your argument about the worlds oldest tree only being 4000 years old is simple, coal. What is coal you may ask? Coal is clumps of organic material from creatures living on earth millions of years ago. Coal is formed when this organic material sinks into the earth and is clumped together due to the immense pressure of the sand and rock above it. This process cannot happen in 6000 years so how do you explain coal?

I would love to see the article that you read showing that the Sahara desert is only 4,000 years old.
http://www2.cnrs.fr...
Read through this short article. The sahara deserts oldest sand dunes were once thought to be a mere 86,000 years old, fourteen times older than our planet according to you... but now we have realized that some of the desert conditions from the Sahara are seven million years old. Wow, it looks like the Sahara is 1166 times older than our planet!

But of course the Sahara desert is young compared to some ancient life on our planet. We have records of our planet from thousands of years ago. Has any human being ever seen a Tyrannosaurus Rex walking around? Nope. So either you are denying the existence of dinosaurs or giving up and admitting the earth is older than you think. So did dinosaurs exist? If they didn't why do we seem to find their bones so often? Did god put those there so that we would think they existed? What would the point of this be? I would also challenge you to explain why carbon dating is inaccurate, until you do you cannot prove earth is 6000 years old.

Now lets get to the moon. You claim that the moon is getting further away from earth at a rate of a couple inches per year.
http://curious.astro.cornell.edu...
This article clearly states that the moon is moving away from earth at 3.8 centimeters a year, a much smaller number than you have given. The moon was also not around when earth was forming. Theories of the moon all state this. And you must realize that the moon is extremely far away from earth, 238,900 miles.

This argument may offend some people, but it needs to be made. The Christian form of god is not omnipotent. This means he isn't truly "god". When I talk about God throughout this debate realize I am talking about the biblical version of god. Lets start from the simple things and work our way up to why the bible is clearly flawed. It took god six days to create earth. Six days for a god to create a spec in the universe. Now lets look at the sun. The sun could fit about 1.3 million earths inside of it. It is 99.9% of matter in our solar system. Pretty big right? Not at all. We found this big thing in the universe one day VY Canis Majoris, which is 2100 times bigger than the sun. Hmm impressive. Just kidding! The largest black hole in the universe found so far is.... wait for it, 40 billion times our sun. How long did it take god to create this? lets take a look! 6x1 million=six million six million times 40 billion= 2.4e+18... so it took "god" trillions upon zillions of years to create this black hole. God really doesn't seem all powerful at all when we look at him on this scale.
PrincessTragedy0101

Pro

PrincessTragedy0101 forfeited this round.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

Me being fair.
PrincessTragedy0101

Pro

GiantSpoonMan

Con

I'll be fair... again.
Posted by GiantSpoonMan 4 years ago
GiantSpoonMan
If you want to redo this debate, I will gladly accept.
Posted by GiantSpoonMan 4 years ago
GiantSpoonMan
I'll be fair
Posted by PrincessTragedy0101 4 years ago
PrincessTragedy0101
Sorry i was unavailable this weekend i went camping. i will address everything he has said the next round.
Posted by joyjuice 4 years ago
joyjuice
Where,s the supporting evidence the earth is 6000 years old, and what makes that evidence reliable?
PrincessTragedy0101
Alright
Posted by GiantSpoonMan 4 years ago
GiantSpoonMan
I accept your challenge.