Edlvsjd
Icestar

Earth is flat

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Edlvsjd

Pro

Edlvsjd

Pro

The earth is flat. I have researched the subject for 6 months now, and there are more proof on the side of a flat earth then I can find on a spherical one. The debate format shall be as follows. Round one is acceptance. In round 2, I state my argument, and con can either use this round for rebuttal or state arguments against the flat earth. Round 3 is for rerebuttals, and further arguments, if possible. Round 4 is strictly for the bottles and round 5 should be used for conclusion and further rebuttals but no new arguments in the last round. Please respect your opponents many sources and media may be used in your argument till that source is proven unreliable or the media is shown to be faked or false. Good luck, I hope to provide insight as well as receive it. I do ask that anyone accepting this debate please have a look at least at the flat earth theory before accepting and arguing against it as it has become redundant arguing the same 10 or so proves that the earth is a sphere. It is not required but makes for a better debate for the both of us. I also ask that theoretical math equations be excluded from the arguments, as they will confuse voters, though not to be confused with basic math as in Pythagoras theorem, and the like.

Icestar

Con

The earth is not flat. If you look at the earth, it looks round. Christopher Columbus knew the earth was round and he sailed to India from Spain. According to the website "The Round Earth and Christopher Columbus", it says, "If you stand on the seashore and watch a ship sailing away, it will gradually disappear from view. But the reason cannot be the distance: if a hill or tower are nearby, and you climb to the top after the ship has completely disappeared, it becomes visible again. Furthermore, if on the shore you watch carefully the way the ship disappears from view, you will notice that the hull vanishes first, while the masts and sails (or the bridge and smokestack) disappear last. It is as if the ship was dropping behind a hill, which in a way is exactly the case, the "hill" being the curve of the Earth's surface.
Edlvsjd

Pro

I would like to thank con for accepting the debate and providing a reasonable, yet highly misunderstood proof that the earth is a globe. I Will explain why ships appear to go over a curve, which is ridiculous even to say, because the natural physics of water is to find and maintain a flat, level surface. As ships or anything go away from you, the law of perspective make things appear smaller. The railroad tracks will appear to get closer together on a horizontal axis, and the telephone poles appear to get shorter. This is a fact, a law that pertains to everything. No exceptions. Now on water, there is a large amount of refraction happening, due to constant wave breaks, tempurature differences, etc. The droplets of water constantly being thrown into the air, inches above the surface causes light to bend and morph, a lot. As the ship gets further away from you, The law of perspective combines with this atmospheric refraction, causing the bottom of the ship to blend in with the top, eventually going to the vanishing point, which is in the area where the most retracting is done. Think of it like watching a car go down a long stretch of highway on a hot day, the car's wheels begin to dissapear slowly, then before long, the car is dragging the highway, the heat coming off the road is acting as a refractor. This video fully evaluates this rarely recorded event.
https://youtu.be...
Some videos start at a high altitude, cut, drop the camera little by little until they are below where the waves break. As long as a ship hasn't been completely hidden by the atmosphere, it can be pulled up again from the same level, with a telescope.https://youtu.be...

I'm sure you'll agree the globe heliocentric model has been drilled into your head since as far as you can remember. Pictures of the globe have been presented to you in textbooks, television programs(ever wonder why they call it television programming?) and on the covers of dictionaries and encyclopedias. This is the very definition of indoctrination. You or I have never seen the earth in it's entirety, neither has your teacher. In fact, only a handful of people claim to have been far enough away to see this. I ask you, can pictures be doctored? Can humans lie? It is not my aim to convince you that you have been deceived, I do however, want to encourage you to do the research yourself, and bring about a few questions you probably never knew you had. In this debate, I will talk about coincidences and things that don't make sense about the story given to us. I also want you to know that the establishment has already thought of a lot of this, and provided reasonable, though questionable explanation or lies for most of these questions, it is ultimately up to you, and our voters to decide whether to trust your own senses, or believe what government sources tell us who have a crappy track record of truthfulness so far.

I want to state a few proofs that the earth is not a globe. I'll start with some obvious ones that you probably never even thought of, then advance to more definite, undeniable ones. First consider this, why were we never taught the curvature of the earth? We see the flatness everywhere. Go to the beach, look to the horizon, flat. They tell you it's because of the earth's monstrous size that we can't see any curvature, often using comparisons like a germ on a bowling ball. But what they don't tell you is that the curvature of a ball that is 25,000 miles in circumference SHOULD in fact have a very noticeable curve. As I'm sure you have or will do now, a Google search provides a reasonably small amount of curvature for a mile, but further investigation provides a diagram not unlike the one below. The second mile will square, and will square every mile thereafter. So, the ground or sea 2 miles away will be 32" downhill from you. At 3 miles, a full six feet of curvature would hide another human.

From Hawaii to the California coast for example, at roughly 2,500 miles, would have a hump of water over 700 miles high. Have you ever seen water rest in a humped form? Have you ever, while looking at a sunset, and the horizon being miles away, thought that the sun were beneath your feet? This is what they are teaching us. The basic physics of water is to find and maintain a flat, level surface. This is common sense. The horizon always appears flat, and at eye level, no matter the altitude. If you rise up from any size ball, the horizon would drop, and you would soon be looking down more and more as you rose in altitude. I'm sure you are familiar with fisheye lenses, if not, take some time and look it up. Most high altitude balloon and rocket launches use this type of lens. I'm short, it will curve any line that's not centered. You will know you are looking through a fish eye lens when the horizon is centered, and way above the center, when it makes the earth curve outward. Horizon in top half of the screen is a sphere, centered, it's flat, bottom half, it's a concave earth. This morphing effect is a telltale sign of a fish eye lens. No one pays attention anymore, because we are so brainwashed from indoctrination, and do not even consider an alternative. This video is shot using a regular camera, and a fisheye camera, I'll let you use this information to figure out which is which.
https://youtu.be...

Another proof I want to bring up takes a little more investigation. This video simply titled go fast rocket launch, broke a few records 4 being the highest and fastest amateur rocket ever launched. it was done from the Nevada desert between 8:00 a.m. and 11 AM. At the time I research this, they did not provide a time for the launch as you can see they do now in the description of the video. I feel they have lied about this, there is another video that accompanies it in which they go behind the scenes a little bit explain what happened before and after the launch even showing a GPS navigation system on the dash when they go to retrieve the camera that was on the balloon. Now if you zoom in on the video to the GPS the time is 11:40 in the other video they say they are doing this in the morning and you can clearly see the Sun is a lot higher in the sky than what 7:30 would make it. Why would they wait so long after the launch to retrieve the camera? Shadows would be much longer than those seen in the prelaunch video. I approximated time between 9 and 11 o'clock AM. If we take this information and go to time and date.com we can see that the moon should in fact be over Australia and well below the horizon at the time of the launch.
https://youtu.be...
https://youtu.be...
http://www.timeanddate.com...
http://www.timeanddate.com...

Gyroscopes would not act the way they do or would even be considered reliable on planes if the earth were spinning at 1000 miles per hour. Gyroscope stay consistent with the same axis regardless of its container rotation, defying even the mighty gravity, just as bees so(though in different ways). If the earth were spinning at a thousand miles per hour on rotation 90 degrees every 6 hours, the gyroscope would follow its rotation in reverse. After 6 hours of a gyroscope spinning, it would be at a 90 degree angle from where it started, after 12 hours, it will have rotated a full 180 degrees as the Earth rotates the opposite direction 180 degrees. That's not even taking into account the sun's motion around the galaxy, and it's motion around the universe. The gyroscope should flay wildly in every direction. 670,000,000 miles per hour indeed.

If the Earth and its atmosphere were constantly spinning Eastwards over 1000mph, this should somewhere somehow be seen, heard, felt or measured by someone, yet no one in history has ever experienced this alleged Eastward motion; meanwhile, however, we can hear, feel and experimentally measure even the slightest Westward breeze.

If Earth was a ball, and Antarctica was too cold to fly over, the only logical way to fly from Sydney to Santiago would be a straight shot over the Pacific staying in the Southern hemisphere the entire way. Re-fueling could be done in New Zealand or other Southern hemisphere destinations along the way if absolutely necessary. In actual fact, however, Santiago-Sydney flights go into the Northern hemisphere making stop-overs at LAX and other North American airports before continuing back down to the Southern hemisphere. Such ridiculously wayward detours make no sense on the globe but make perfect sense and form nearly straight lines when shown on a flat Earth map.

The “Midnight Sun” is an Arctic phenomenon occurring annually during the summer solstice where for several days straight an observer significantly far enough north can watch the Sun traveling circles over-head, rising and falling in the sky throughout the day, but never fully setting for upwards of 72+ hours! If the Earth were actually a spinning globe revolving around the Sun, the only place such a phenomenon as the Midnight Sun could be observed would be at the poles. Any other vantage point from 89 degrees latitude downwards could never, regardless of any tilt or inclination, see the Sun for 24 hours straight. To see the Sun for an entire revolution on a spinning globe at a point other than the poles, you would have to be looking through miles and miles of land and sea for part of the revolution!

https://youtu.be...

Icestar

Con

Icestar forfeited this round.
Icestar

Con

Icestar forfeited this round.
Icestar

Con

Icestar forfeited this round.
Edlvsjd

Pro

If the Earth spins at a constant 1,000 mph making one full revolution every 24 hours, and revolving around the sun being on a different side every 6 months, days would turn to night as it went to opposite sides of the sun. It faces the same direction every 24 hours, but the sun is not in that direction every time.
Icestar

Con

Icestar forfeited this round.
Posted by Edlvsjd 9 months ago
Edlvsjd
You actually call the big bangs legitimate science?
Posted by Edlvsjd 9 months ago
Edlvsjd
Atheists repent before it's too late.
Posted by Edlvsjd 9 months ago
Edlvsjd
I believe in Zetetic science
Posted by Edlvsjd 9 months ago
Edlvsjd
See the problem here is people stopped believing in divine creation
Posted by Hinge_McKringeberry 9 months ago
Hinge_McKringeberry
See, the problem here arises when you try to think about how was it formed? Depending on what legitimate science you actually believe in, this would be impossible.
Posted by Edlvsjd 9 months ago
Edlvsjd
Looks like I turned another
Posted by Edlvsjd 9 months ago
Edlvsjd
The horizon for a 6' person is 3 miles away on a globe
Posted by Stonehe4rt 9 months ago
Stonehe4rt
Well too LilJoker, you must realize for either side of this debate you MUST acknowledge that the Horizion is not where the Earth curves due to the fact we can take a telescope and see ships that "fell" below the Horizion if it was curved this wouldn't be possible, you would just see the sky of the other side, but that's not what we see. So both sides must acknowledge that the reason for the Horizion is not the curve of the Earth. However this is whwere the math comes in because for the round Earth to work, at Five miles everything would be below the curve, no matter where you are on Earth. So that's why this will be a good debate, there is explanations that I can think of for both sides in so many ways.
Posted by Edlvsjd 9 months ago
Edlvsjd
Ever hear of the law of perspective?
Posted by LilJokerAZ 9 months ago
LilJokerAZ
Ed this is a bs debate I can tell because there is no way the earth is flat.There is proof because if you were to look around with the ocean surrounding you, you can't see anything that is too far because the earth is flat