Earth's orbit around the Sun

Launching satellites for long and none-return missions can interrupt Earth's orbit around the Sun as the total weight of earth will be decreased then Sun's centrifugal force toward Earth will increase.

Finally we will gradually in centuries have warmer Earth in summer time and cold Earth in winter time till we die all.

The first question is, how much does the Earth weigh? The Earth weighs about 13,170,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 pounds (or 5,974,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms).

The second question is, how much do satellites weigh? Satellites usually only weigh about 6 tons (12,000 pounds or 5,443.11 kilograms).

My opponent makes the assertion that the Earth's weight will decrease as we launch satellites. While that may be true, it will not cause earth to fall into the sun.

The planets (including earth) have an elliptical orbit. This means that the potential energy of the planets is larger than the kinetic energy at earth's aphelion, while the opposite is true for the perihelion. While the balance between earth's kinetic and potential energy is always changing, the total energy will ALWAYS be constant.

For the planet to fall into the sun, we would need to take away all its potential and kinetic energy.

Conclusion and Summary: While Con may be true in saying that satellites will reduce Earth's weight, it will not affect the orbit as the orbit has to do with the total amount of energy in the planet's orbit.

I wish Con luck in Round 2!

aydinm2001 forfeited this round.

Please try to make an argument for Round 3. Otherwise you cannot make a stand.

aydinm2001 forfeited this round.

As you can see, my opponent has failed to back up his argument. He has instead decided to simply forfeit the rounds, destroying his credibility in the process.

Vote Pro in the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG voting period...
Posted by Circle_Craft 1 year ago
I accept this debate. I wish you luck, aydinm2001!

(Also, 6 months for voting? Seriously?)
Posted by Darkdrow 1 year ago
I knew someone would bring up conservation of mass for births. While I can see that during pregnancy, I have a hard time seeing that after birth and during the growth period of that person. We just had our 7th child who was only a little over 4 lbs at birth. The first year they go through very rapid growth. At 4 months ours is already 16 lbs. I just don't see how he could have taken in more than 16 lbs of milk with also how much waste he got rid of. They go through diapers really fast. They gain weight through calories which is not a measurement of weight so how does that measurement correspond with the gain of mass? Of course I could be completely wrong. Just because I don't see it doesn't mean I'm right. Zeno if you have a better understanding of it I'd love to know how it works or where I could find out more.
Posted by ZenoCitium 1 year ago
I think, as far as births, you should consider conservation of mass.
Posted by Darkdrow 1 year ago
The earth loses more mass from campers building fires than we have by launching satellites. This doesn't really make sense and is in no way correct. Just with all the births in a day the earth gains much more mass than it loses.
Posted by ZenoCitium 1 year ago
I'd accept this resolution if it was worded better .... and also if I cared. It doesn't really make sense. The mass of these satellites are completely negligible. The earth is gaining 40,000 tonnes of mass every year from dust alone. Also, it completely neglects the mass lost from the Sun. The Sun looses 350 tonnes each day.....
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Right now the resolution reads as you being opposed to the Earth orbiting the sun. You should change the resolution to reflect your argument, such as 'We should not launch satellites to orbit the sun.'
Posted by StalinIncarnate 1 year ago
What is this debate about? This sounds more like a statement.
Vote Placed by daem0n 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit