Delirious
tvellalott

East Asian Cuisine is the most superior of all Foods

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

Delirious

Pro

*I would like to challenge my opponent again on this argument, because I had finals and studying became my number one issue, so thusly I was unable to properly address the debate and would like to challenge my opponent to another formal challenge.

Well anyways on topic, I would like to argue that Eastern Asian Cuisine (ex. Chinese, Mongolian, Korean, Japanese and etc.) is superior over all other types of food.

I will wait for my opponent to begin our debate and answer accordingly.
tvellalott

Con

As I mentioned in the previous debate, I will be arguing that Italian Cuisine is superior to East Asian Cuisine, thereby refutting the Instigators resolution.

Good luck!
Delirious

Pro

I will start off my argument by pointing out the finer aspects of Eastern Asian Cuisine. Eastern Asian cuisine is without question better than Italian food. Starting off with the subject of meats, when it comes to meats Japanese are known for their exceptional Kobe Beef, with a succulent marble texture found solely in Kobe Beef, it is renowned as a delicacy not only in eastern Asia but also through out the world. Eastern Asian Cuisine is also rich with thousands of years of culture and diversity and is not as limited as it's Italian counterpart. While Italian Cuisine borrows heavily from other cultures (ex. g Etruscan, ancient Greek, ancient Roman, Byzantine, Jewish and Arab cuisines.) East Asian cuisine is completely original and has developed through years of trial and error.
tvellalott

Con

tvellalott forfeited this round.
Delirious

Pro

Delirious forfeited this round.
tvellalott

Con

Thank you to my opponent. Let get this cook-off heated up.

Now, it is obvious to me that this is largely a subjective topic. I personally love Asian food, but I snapped this debate up because I like to argue these sorts of topics. So with that point, let me begin my arguments…

ARGUMENTS (This was harder than I thought it would be…)

Adaptability

I challenge my opponent to name one traditional East Asian dish which has been adapted so widely and with so much variance as the Pizza. A pizza is still a pizza, whether it has chocolate sauce and bananas as a topping or donor kebab meat (which is popular in Sweden).

Variety

While I acknowledge that there are many types of noodles, they do not meet what I would call variety. What I mean is, that the Italians have mastered the obvious art of pasta making. From flat sheet pasta, used to make lasagne to tiny macaroni pasta, there is an extreme range of types of pasta. My research seemed only to indicate ingredient variety and some basic thickness variety in noodles, rather than a huge range of shapes and ingredients.

With that said, there is little doubt that the shape of what you’re eating has an effect on your experience, but the most common explanation for this ‘difference’ between pasta is the way one particularly type holds the sauce compared to another.

Ingredients

Again, while I acknowledge that East Asian food has a many types of ingredients, I’d still like to make a point of this. Italy was the cultural centre of the world for a thousand years, thanks to the Roman Empire. It is also located far closer to the region of the world known as “The Fertile Crescent” [1] [2] [3] allowing it to have access to a much larger range of produce.

REBUTTALS

“Japanese are known for their exceptional Kobe Beef”

I fail to see how this is really relative. Italians could certainly use Kobe beef in one of their traditional dishes.

“Eastern Asian Cuisine is also rich with thousands of years of culture and diversity and is not as limited as its Italian counterpart.”

Italian cuisine is also rich with thousands of years of culture. I could claim that given the range of cuisine within a much smaller area, Italian cuisine is far less limited.

“While Italian Cuisine borrows heavily from other cultures (ex. g Etruscan, ancient Greek, ancient Roman, Byzantine, Jewish and Arab cuisines.)”

In the previous sentence you suggested that Italian cuisine is limited in its diversity. What the?

“East Asian cuisine is completely original and has developed through years of trial and error.”

This doesn’t make it better.

SOURCES

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...

[2] http://ed101.bu.edu...

[3] http://img1.loadtr.com...

Delirious

Pro

Delirious forfeited this round.
Delirious

Pro

Delirious forfeited this round.
Posted by tvellalott 5 years ago
tvellalott
Formatting...
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
DelirioustvellalottTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro needs to stay away from East Asian Cuisine (this is not a vote bomb, really, not a vote bomb - not at all,I am totally cereal)