stefi.z
Theawesome7

Easter should include presents

stefi.z

Pro

I strongly believe that Easter should include presents due to the fact that we only get chocolate eggs (which only make us fatter), children want something that they can keep, and it's a holiday so children should get presents.
Theawesome7

Con

Easter defenately should not have presents because Jesus died on Easter and we should not celebrate that historic event with presents but before I can talk about this statement more I must rebut my opponent- Stefani.

She said that we should include presents because Easter eggs make us fatter. I strongly disagree with this because she said we shall 'include' presents as well as Eggs so we still will get fat.

Next, she said children want something they can keep. Maybe they can't literally keep Easter Eggs but they can keep the memory of eating them.

Her last argument was that we should get presents because it's a holiday. In every holiday or public holiday do we get presents? Of course not! Also Easter isn't always in the holidays, sometimes it's over a long weekend.

Now back to my case, we must not have presents because Jesus died on Easter so we mustn't celebrate his death with presents. That would be very disrespectful.

"Now, look under the Easter tree and see what presents you got." Is that seriously what you want?
stefi.z

Pro

Having Jesus die on Easter just gives it a better reason to celebrate it. Jesus was born on Christmas and we get presents, so why shouldnt we get presents on another of his special dates.

Even though I have stated my debate inxorrectly, we would still get more presents and focus on the presents rather on the chocolate eggs.
Our parents will not want us getting sick or fat from the high sugar in chocolate eggs and they will tell us to play with the presents.
My opponent, Jack, has stated that we can keep the memories from eating chocolate eggs, but can we? If we eat them every year, we cant keep memories but loose them.

My oponnent has stated that we are to look under the " easter tree" but what are easter baskets and bags for? Nothing. Well if presents come into Easter thats what they'll be for!
Theawesome7

Con

Jesus dying on Easter and handing out presents for it is disrespectful to him. Say someone died, would you hand out presents to celebrate it? Easter in many countries has had Easter eggs for centuries. we can't just change our traditions for no reason.

Also she said we loose memories from eating Easter eggs. I can remember eating Easter eggs at the age of 4.

I must concur, we cannot have presents on Easter
stefi.z

Pro

Why can't we have presents? If you had a vote between children in the world they would rather presents (something they can keep) they fattening food (which turns stale in a couple of days)

Maybe you can remember eating the eggs but you cant remeber how they tasted and how you fellt when you ate them.
Theawesome7

Con

Theawesome7 forfeited this round.