REVERENDREAL
D-Dog

Easter..Why did Jesus die?

REVERENDREAL

Pro

WHO KILLED JESUS,"Romans, Jews,"or GOD?

For many years, for several centuries, Jewish people have been wrongfully accused of being the cause for the death of a man named Jesus of Nazareth. However, now the real truth is finally being told by a book (name of book not allowed by forum). This remarkable book is a true God fearing book that explains why Jesus was born, why Jesus was crucified, and that he did not resurrect back onto this earth.

This is a book that was written to not only educate Christians, but everyone including those who do not believe in God. It not only explains many unanswered questions about the bible, but also explains that Jesus was a Savior, not an Excuse to be used every time you commit sin. It explain that Jesus did not die so that people could commit sin. The bible tells us that when Jesus spoke of Heaven, he said that you must obey the Ten Commandments and give unto the needy. Jesus never said for one to disobey the Ten Commandments then ask forgiveness and give unto the church.

This is a great book for Jewish people because it explains how they were right all alone by not following Jesus. For God"s first Commandment is Thy Shall Not Have Any Other God Before Me. Was Jesus a God or was he simply a test sent by God to test our faith to find out who truly believed in God Almighty. For it said, if you cannot
love your neighbor who you can see then how can you love me who you cannot see?

After centuries of hatred, scorn, ridicule, and unjustified prosecution upon the innocent Jewish people, we now will finally know the truth why it was necessary for Jesus to be crucified (which was the standard form of death in Roman Times). For Jesus fate was not in the mere hands of humans, but only the fate that God bestowed upon him. For like all of us Jesus too was to reap what he had sowed.

No man can serve two masters, for if he love one then he must hate the other. Jesus said these words when people tried to praise him as a Master like God, as he also told them that there is none GOOD, but God in Heaven.

The book explains that God allowed Jesus to be crucified, not because of the sins of people, but because of Jesus betrayal. Jesus followed the word of God, but just like Adam, he allowed himself to be tricked by Satan when he went upon the mountain. The bible tell us that Jesus said get behind me Satan as if he was not going to let Satan"s words change him, yet his actions afterwards tell us a different story.

When people called him good master or try to praise him, after going upon the mountain, Jesus did not say no man can serve two master or that only God was good. Jesus faltered and said nothing as they praised him (just as many still do today). After his conversation with Satan, Jesus told the people, I (Jesus) is the way and the light and should be honored like God. The book explains why Jesus cried out on the cross, God,

God, why have you betrayed me? As God answered him (words that only Jesus heard) saying it is not I who have betrayed you, but it is you who have betrayed me. I sent you to lead the people to me, but instead you have lead them to yourself and this is why you are being crucified. For I am the one and only God and no man
shall serve two masters, for if they love you Jesus, then they hate me!

Christianity claims that Jesus rose from the dead so that man could sin all he wants and just ask for forgiveness. The bible does not verify this, but says just the opposite. It tells us how Jesus died and how he told the people that he would return in three days. Yet, on the second day when his mother went to prepare his body for the next day arrival, it was not there. The body of Jesus was never seen again as two strangers told her that he rose early and left. The bible tells how the people search everywhere for Jesus, but he was never found.

As later a complete stranger who looked nothing like Jesus proclaimed to be Jesus. Who told those who believed that he was Jesus to
pick up the serpent and drink all deadly things. Ask yourself right now, does that sound like something that Jesus would do?
D-Dog

Con

What do you mean
REVERENDREAL

Pro

What it is saying is that God can move mountain, God created the Great flood, if God did not want Jesus to die on the cross, God would had saved him like he did Moses and the guy in the lion's den.
D-Dog

Con

D-Dog forfeited this round.
REVERENDREAL

Pro

REVERENDREAL forfeited this round.
D-Dog

Con

D-Dog forfeited this round.
REVERENDREAL

Pro

REVERENDREAL forfeited this round.
D-Dog

Con

D-Dog forfeited this round.
REVERENDREAL

Pro

REVERENDREAL forfeited this round.
D-Dog

Con

D-Dog forfeited this round.
Posted by Owlz 2 years ago
Owlz
Philochristos, when Christian's say the Bible is the "inspired word of God" I don't think they meant that the writers were literally inspired and as a response wrote their sections of the Bible as if writing a poem or a work of fiction. I did mention before that I believe God guided their writings. Not dictated. I agree that the Timothy verse implies that God must have had some form of verbal or mental contact with the writers. I believe this implies that the writers were influenced by him which ties back into the whole "inspired" thing I mentioned earlier. You could even speculate that this instance of his "guidance" was an early version of the Holy Spirit. One other reason there could have been human error: writing during old testament times was allot ... slower. Meaning there would be a time delay between when the words either happened or were "inspired" and when they were actually written down. Unless God kept repeating to writers and reminding them what happened, like a broken record, I believe this would still allow for human error.
Posted by philochristos 2 years ago
philochristos
Unless "they" is Juggle or the moderators, they can't close the debate.
Posted by REVERENDREAL 2 years ago
REVERENDREAL
They claim that if I used the name of the book it will be considered advertising and they will close the debate. You can go to the website www.saintjamessite.com that will tell you a little bit about the book.
Posted by philochristos 2 years ago
philochristos
Owlz, what do you make of 1 Timothy 3:16 where it says the writings are "theopneustos," which literally means "God-breathed"? That strikes me as being more than mere inspiration in the sense that somebody might be inspired to write a song because of a sunset. When people speak, they breathe out, so when it says the writings are God-breathed, I take that to mean they say exactly what God intended them to say, which would seem to imply that they are without error. Of course you could always say that 1 Timothy 3:16 itself was in error.
Posted by REVERENDREAL 2 years ago
REVERENDREAL
What the book tells us is the bible is not the good book. Just like all of us it has mistakes in it and is easy for one to be confused by it. This is why we must use our common sense. Do anyone really believe that Jesus would had told us to pick up snakes and drink all deadly things(excluding Rev. Jim Jones)?

Of course not, When Jesus himself said to get into Heaven you must obey the ten commandments, why would you listen to some jack legged preacher telling you it all right to sin as long as you are a Christian and give him all of your money. If God did not want Jesus to die why God allow it. Remember what Jesus said on the cross.. God, God, why have you forsaken me? The book tells how God told Jesus..it is not I who have forsaken you, it is you who have forshaken me. I sent you to lead the people to me instead you have lead them to yourself. My first commandment is Thy shall never have any God before me! Think about it, or do you really think that it is all right to sin as long as you say Hail Mary afterwards.
Posted by philochristos 2 years ago
philochristos
Are you talking about John Dominic Crossan's book, "Who Killed Jesus?"? Why do you say the name of the book is not allowed by the forum? Does it have a cuss word in it or something? Maybe you could work around the cuss word. LIke you could say, "F**K," and everybody would know what you were saying.
Posted by Owlz 2 years ago
Owlz
Lil' BallofHATE, I am Christian but I must agree with Dwint on this one. The Bible does contradict itself and cause many paradox's within itself. However, this is to be expected. The Bible is the "inspired" word of God. Meaning that there is room for human error. God didn't write the Bible. He/She just guided the writers's writing.
Posted by Dwint 2 years ago
Dwint
I never heard any apologist ever say the Bible is 100% accurate. I don't think any Christian who read the Bible would ever argue that it's 100% accurate. The only way it could be 100% accurate is if it was the pure, unchanged word of God. There is no way to prove that, but a few ways to prove it can't be the pure word of God, like the many contradictions. If the whole Bible was based on what God said, it wouldn't contradict itself.

http://infidels.org...
Posted by LittleBallofHATE 2 years ago
LittleBallofHATE
Dwint. A knowledgeable opponent could tear apart any argument you made that the Bible is not 100% accurate and internally consistent. Just saying. Maybe you should take a closer look.
Posted by Owlz 2 years ago
Owlz
Dwint. The bible supposedly is written by many different people. These works in the form of "books" make up the equivalent of chapters in the Bible. Jesus is a man who claimed to be the son of God (messiah) whose story is told by his apostles' writings found in the New Testament section of the Bible (think of them as diary entries written by his followers). As this debate argues things about Jesus, it is a given that the Bible, which tells his story, would be accepted by both sides as evidence.