deadeabear
Mario7h7

Eat to live or live to eat. I believe we should eat to live.

Mario7h7

deadeabear

Pro

Working in health care I've seen how food can negatively affect the lives of people. To much of anything can be bad, moderation is important in all aspects of life. It is okay to enjoy food when you are eating, but eating to live a happy healthy life is very important for not just your health, but for the health of those around you.
To many times I have seen patients come in that exceed the weight limit of our hospital stretchers. In most of these cases they are not able to get into the stretcher without help, and are not able to reposition themselves without the help of family, friends, or a health care professional. This puts everyone involved in their care at risk for injury. Making eating to live that much more important.
Mario7h7

Con

Dear Deadea,
I understand what you mean but LIVE TO EAT doesn't mean the typical American non-stop fat food eating.....it means the love of good food, the cooking of food that brings people together to the table to have fun....to live for the good food you make and not eating the crap out of every single restaurant you see... Watch some professional cooks who say that they live for that what they do and aren't fat.
deadeabear

Pro

It would be a beautiful world if LIVE TO EAT really meant to sit down with family and friends to enjoy good quality, healthy foods, however, it has been brought to my attention that most people that live to eat are not reasonable about it and put themselves and others at great risk in order to maintain an unhealthy live to eat lifestyle. Many Americans have picked up some very unhealthy eating habits, but it is not just Americans, it is spreading across the globe at an alarming rate.
I say eat to live a happy healthy life. You can still eat amazing food with family and friends, just be responsible and eat in moderation.
Mario7h7

Con

I think you confuse some things here.....eat to live means in my opinion that you just eat food to survive (eat to live). Live to eat means to enjoy food to be healthy and enjoyful with food...and what you are kinda mentioning all the time is to live for fat food, for eating yourself full....and beyond that some people have genetic diseases that cause adipositas. Live to eat in my opinion doesn't mean what you say, to eat and eat and eat, it means what you said: eat amazing food with family and friends.
deadeabear

Pro

When I think of eat to live, I think of eating to live well, not eating to just stay alive. To really live well is to enjoy life and all it has to offer. It seems that more recently in America living to eat has turned into eating whatever, whenever, no matter the consequences. Therefore I would have to stand by my theory of eat to live well. I believe that eating well helps us to do all of the fun physical activities we do on a regular basis. It appears we are arguing the same argument from different cultural perspectives.
I have seen the devastating affects that the live to eat, and eat, and eat attitude has created and it is not very healthy or safe. This has swayed my attitude and outlook on what eat to live and live to eat actually looks like on a culture.
Eat to live well, enjoy life for as long as possible, and bring your friends and family closer together. Don't just eat to stay alive, and don't stay alive to just eat.
Mario7h7

Con

You are arguing for something else than you were saying....I agree with eating to live well because that means to me live to eat but we are arguing about eat to live vs. live to eat. There is a difference between eat to live and eat to live well. Eat to to live, as I mentioned before is for me eating for survival but eat to live well is to eat for a healthy life! So does live to eat! You live to eat means that life is here to eat and enjoy it in a HEALTHY AND BALANCED WAY! Being fat and eat,eat is for me kind of eat to live, because I imagine that that's their excuse for eating so much. Well , eat to live well is different than that because they can't say that they live a good and healthy life. So they can't say that they live to eat or eat to live well. That's why I am for LIVE TO EAT rather than EAT TO LIVE.
Vote Placed by neutral 2 years ago
neutral
deadeabearMario7h7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Live to eat gets the gist right with the ambience and essence of a foodie. Pro confuses a bit with fast food, etc., but that is literally 'survival' eating (and curiously what Pro advocates?) The French have it best with what they call the perfect bite. Food can be wonderful. I think there was a definitional error here, as both sides appear to agree that fast food is garbage, but the living to eat part ... is stronger.
Vote Placed by voxprojectus 2 years ago
voxprojectus
deadeabearMario7h7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Definitely one of those debates that would have benefited from a definition of terms up front. Both participants believe food should be healthy, so it's possible the discussion should have been framed around that.