Zak9
Bay

Eating animal products.

Zak9

Con

1st Round- Acceptance
2nd Round- Both opponents make points.
3rd Round- Argue opponents points and make others.
4th Round- Closing Round. Make any last points.
Zak9

Con

I apologize for not being more concise on what we were arguing over. We will be arguing over the morality of eating animal products.

Thank you, Pro, for accepting my challenge.

My Arguement

Animal products, including milk, eggs, cheese, meat, and seafood, are not necessary to sustain a healthy body. Therefore, a living creature that has feelings and can feel pain and can suffer must endure a life of torture then be slaughtered for the sake of taste, not health.

Humans have become arrogant because we are more advanced than any other species on planet Earth. This causes humans to believe other creatures, through evolutionary processes (if atheist) or Creation (if Christain), have been placed here so humans may use them as they please.

So, I ask you, should an animal endure pain and die so that humans may take part in enjoying them only for pleasure, not survival?

Bay

Pro

You are welcome.
My Argument

Actually, studies have proved that a life with animal products is a healthier life. For example, milk gives you more calcium then anything that's vegetarian. Humans have lived longer with products such as what you stated. Most animals are put to peace before they are butchered, and not tortured.

I understand your point, but I'd like to point out the food chain. Humans were made to eat animals, animals were meant to eat other animals, other animals to bugs, and so on. Some people have become arrogant and over-hunting animals, but most federal government is trying to put a stop to it.

As I stated above, most local farms don't torture their animals before they butcher them, that is why my family only buys local agriculture and meat. Although I have heard of companies who torture their animals before they butcher them, which is animal cruelty, which brings us to another topic.
Zak9

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for replying.

Although this arguement is not over the health benefits (or lack thereof) of adopting a vegan diet, I would like to address that that it is much more healthy to eat on a plant-based diet. It has been proven many times that you are much more likely to have cancer, diabetes, high cholestrol, and heart disease when eating animal products.

The food chain is not how you state it is. If humans can easily survive without the use of animal products, unlike other carnivores that could not live without them, then obviously it is not part of our natural food chain.

Statistically, the majority of farms in the U.S. are industrial farms. And the phrase "Family Farm" has tricked people into believing that the animals are killed humanly when this is almost never true. Most are still packed together and never see the sun. Plus, an animal still must die in order for you to enjoy the taste of your meal.

Not only are animals not dying when you adopt a plant-based diet, but it is also enviromentally friendly. Factory farms are one of the leading polluters.
Bay

Pro

Bay forfeited this round.
Zak9

Con

Pro has forfeited the previous round.

Arguments extended.
Bay

Pro

Bay forfeited this round.
Posted by Zak9 5 years ago
Zak9
I apologize for not being concise when describing the debate. Me will be debating over the morality of eating animal products.
Posted by socialpinko 5 years ago
socialpinko
I'll take it if we're discussing the morality of eating animal products.
Posted by AlwaysMoreThanYou 5 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Is this about whether or not you need to use animal products, whether or not you should use animal products, or whether or not it is morally acceptable to use animal products?
Posted by Ore_Ele 5 years ago
Ore_Ele
if left open, then it is open for debate. The same would apply for moral construct.
Posted by socialpinko 5 years ago
socialpinko
Define animal rights.