Eating meat is healthy.

Meat is unhealthy in most every way imaginable. Compare people who don't eat meat's physical and emotional health to people who do. People who consume meat regularly tend to weigh more than people who don't. Red and white meats have been proven to contribute to heart disease, colon cancer, stomach cancer, heart attacks, diabetes, and stroke.
This isn't just about personal gain, either. Anyone with an inkling of compassion can say animal abuse is wrong. Yet many of those same people consume meats, FROM ANIMALS. Why is eating a pig killed for consumption any different than killing a dog and eating it? Some people say domestication, but pigs are domesticated successfully in many scenarios. Pigs have also been just as smart if not smarter than dogs.
Take the time to think before you argue. Thank you.

Thank you Con for making this debate.

Please provide sources for your opening Round. I cannot confirm if those are factual without proof.

"A 100 gram portion (3.5 ounces) of raw ground beef contains large amounts of Vitamin B12, B3 (Niacin), B6, Iron, Zinc, Selenium and plenty of other vitamins and minerals "

"Studies now show that saturated fat in the diet doesn’t raise the “bad” cholesterol in the blood and is not in any way associated with heart disease"

Eating meat has been shown not to be a necessity to maintain human life, as vegans show this on their daily life routine by avoiding meats. However, the premise: "Eating meat is healthy" is clearly shown in this article.

The nutrition gained from meats, especially lean meats, are beneficial to the body. Bodily functions can work at an optimum level making for healthy digestion, liver and immune function, and heart health.

Neither of us has shown any source material. Also, I would like to point out your obvious use of search engines and the copy/paste tools.
Nevertheless, I will show sourcing here.
My primary source is The Moral Life, by Louis J. Pojman. He explains the immorality and unhealthiness of eating specifically meats. also states that red AND white meats are unhealthy and not pertaining in eating meats can help improve and lessen your risk of heart disease. has much to say about the subject as well.

According to census statistics, vegetarians and pescatarians live nearly 15 percent longer than meat eaters. Cows and other livestock also consume over 60 percent of our nations corn. If the United States stopped mass-producing cows and such through hormones and force-breeding, we could one day end world hunger.
Thank you for your time, though. :)

Immorality of eating meat is incoherent to this debate, as we are arguing the health of eating meat.

I will need to see sources for your census to believe its legitimacy.

My opponent's fallacy that eating less meat will cure world hunger. This does not apply to the health of eating meat, nor can it be considered remotely true.

I decided to use the mayoclinic as a source to (below) Here is what they said about meat:
"Meat and poultry can be valuable sources of protein and other important nutrients" [1]

Con has not refuted the arguments of the health benefits that meat possess, which I have shown in Round 1. The nutrients and vitamins (Vitamin B12, B3 (Niacin), B6, Iron, Zinc, Selenium and more) in meat show the benefits to ones health.

I have refuted any possible correlation with heart disease, and will refute any arguments regarding mortality, if proper sources are given to prove those statistics.

Maddieluv918 forfeited this round.

I have to extend my previous points as I have nothing further to refute here.

I appreciate the debate.
Posted by Domr 2 years ago
Copy/Paste is a viable debate tactic. I did not come up with those stats, nor have I done the research for the facts I provided, therefore I am detailing those stats and citing them correctly.
Posted by Hawkeye117 2 years ago
Just saying to power our brains our ancient ancestors had to eat meat to fuel there brain instead of having to graze all day everyday to fuel our massive brains and its all in the order of what meat you eat and how much. And your point of saying its animal abuse sure there are comertial farms that don't have the best living conditions true but pigs are what we eat pork for to get easy fuel same with beef and just saying here in western culture we don't eat dogs as we see them as companions but go to eastern countries like Vietnam Laos and they eat dog just like we would eat pork what we eat doesnt have to deal with demastacation its how much meat we can get from one animal and we can get more meat from a pig or cow then a squirl or rabbit
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.