anujdahiya
llMasterBetall

Economic Growth at the cost of Environment is Devastating

anujdahiya

Pro

The present world is growing at an alarming rate , population is ever increasing . And the cost is born by the animals , forests . But indirectly it will effect humans also . The topic should be debated in parliaments , online websites and a major change is required . And all the aspects have to be examined .
Whoever accept this challenge , My best wishes to him/her ... :)
llMasterBetall

Con

Hello sir/maam. I would like this to be my acceptance and opening statement for the issue of Economic Growth at the Cost of the Environment.

The present world I must agree is growing at a very alarming rate with our population booming faster than even rabbits. We sacrifice our old homes for the benefit of those around us and while yes it is potential that we might lose some aspects of our planet, does that mean we should let our own people suffer in poverty in the name of the environment? I ask you, would you want to be in poverty you couldn't get a job at one place in defense of the environment? Throughout the debate I will show you why sacrificing nature now will benefit humanity now and for the centuries to come unlike what my opponent believes.
anujdahiya

Pro

My dear ,
Frankly speaking I was taken aback at your statement , "Sacrificing nature now will benefit humanity now and for the centuries to come " . So indirectly you mean ,Environment can risked for human's 'greed' . Mahatama Gandhi once said , " There is enough for everyone's needs but nothing for anyone's greed " I think you must not be knowing what sacrificing nature actually means .
Without flora and fauna , sir , can you think of surviving on the planet . It won't be possible either . Just imagine how will it feel if u have to buy oxygen for breathing . There is no need of mentioning what nature gives us . We must not go against the nature's rules . The pollution level , the new kind of diseases and and the greedy nature of humans is increasing as never before . This must be taken care of , before its too late .
And thank you for your concern abut my life in poverty , I will better live in some poverty now then have to see my coming generations ( centuries to come ) , fighting for food etc.
That's it .
llMasterBetall

Con

llMasterBetall forfeited this round.
anujdahiya

Pro

It is obvious that develeopment and environment should go hand in hand .
llMasterBetall

Con

llMasterBetall forfeited this round.
Posted by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame
So is the question at issue "Is economic growth that results in environmental harms devastating?" Because that's how it reads.