ender95
baseballkid

Economically, literary skills are more effective than arithmetic skills.

Started: 11/4/2012 Category: Economics

ender95

Pro

Definitions: Oxford dictionary (2010):
Economy"noun"the wealth and resources of a country or region, especially in terms of the production and consumption of goods and services. Careful management of available sources.
Literacy"Noun"the ability to read and write: competence in a specified area.
Arithmetic"noun"the branch of mathematics related to the properties and or manipulations of numerical values. The use of numbers in counting or calculation. Those aspects of a particular situation that can be expressed in numerical terms.

I look forward to debating this topic with you, my opponent. My opening argument will come in round two"it is up to you, whether or not you decide to argue in round one, or not.
baseballkid

Con

Mathematics teaches patience, discipline, and step-by-step problem-solving skills. For those with a substantial background in mathematics, an unlimited number of career opportunities are available. According to Jobs Rated Almanac , a 1990 publication of World Almanac Books of New York, NY, careers that require a very strong background in mathematics were listed as the five "best" jobs. They were,software engineer
actuary
computer systems analyst
computer programmer
mathematician

Almost all of the top fifty jobs in this "best" jobs list involved mathematical reasoning and knowledge. This list was the result of the comparison of two hundred fifty jobs classified according to :

income
future outlook
physical demands
job security
stress
work environment

After this rather long quote the meaning is simple. The highest tier jobs are almost all math related. You need very high tier math degree in order get these jobs. This is why they are more economicly sound.
http://www.math.ucdavis.edu...
ender95

Pro

ender95 forfeited this round.
baseballkid

Con

My opponent has forfeited and as such all my arguments stand. Vote con
ender95

Pro

ender95 forfeited this round.
baseballkid

Con

My opponent has left the site. Vote for me.
ender95

Pro

ender95 forfeited this round.
baseballkid

Con

Posted by baseballkid 4 years ago
baseballkid
This looked promising :(