Economics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

We should adopt Gold Standard

tahirimanov
tejretics

Definitions :1. The gold standard is a monetary system where a country's currency or paper money has a value directly linked to gold. With the gold standard, countries agreed to convert paper money into a fixed amount of gold. A countr...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Cooperative individualism(pro) versus your choice of economics(con)

Capitalistslave
Plexon_Warrior

Rules of debate:1) No ad hominem, insults, or personal attacks2) The total number of rounds minus one should be used for debate, since I am not using round 1 for debate. 3) The first round that is used for debate should just be your main arguments: no rebuttals to your opponent's first round of argument.4) The last round used for debate should only be rebuttals or conclusion, no new arguments allowed in this round. New facts can be brought up, but on...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

America is a Communist Country

TheMarketLibertarian
Capitalistslave

The resolution is that the United States is a Communist Country: communist wil be defined as the propositions and theories espoused by Karl Marx....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Keynesian Economics

TheMarketLibertarian

The resolution is that Keynesian Economics is nonsense and doesn't work, I will argue for Austriuan Economics. Please learn what the two are before accepting....

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

india and pakistan partition

yashwant
Sonofcharl

topic against partition of india and pakistan http//wikipedia.com...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Anarcho-capitalism is theoretically impossible to have for large societies

Capitalistslave
Gregg_Hyde

I am arguing in favor of the resolution, so I will argue it is impossible to have an anarcho-capitalist society in large societies.Rules of debate:1) Be civil, no insults, ad hominem, or personal attacks2) The total number of rounds minus 1 should be used for argument since I am not using round 1 for argument. I would suggest that con use the first round just for acceptance, but they could still use it for argument if they want, but in...

Debating Period
13 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Should the rich help the middle class and poor???

cweagle7712
ConservativeGiraffe

I have 2 main arguments in support of this issue. 1) i believe the rich must share in the profits they produce, and not hoard it all to themselves. It does not make sense for them to keep every single dime they make. They are the reason we have so much corruption in this country, and they are the reason the economy has been virtually stagnant. 2) class division is completely unethical. It makes me sick to my stomach to think that there are LITERALLY people who seek out the poor, and m...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should Minimum Wage Be Raised

Ranting_All_Day
RepublicansvLiberals

Honestly, so many people are going bankrupt and are losing their houses with their families along with them, if we raise minimum wage then the money will be equal, it doesn't have to skyrocket, just maybe by like $1.5 - 2.0 then people would be in a more happy mood. you also have to think who this money is going to, for example teachers get paid minimum wage and they have to teach our future geniuses and they should get paid more, or even your own family, how would you like being kicked out of y...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

The Federal Reserve:

TheMarketLibertarian
FllippR

The resolution is that the Federal Reserve should be abolished and replaced with a free market monetary system. Pro, who is opposing this, will make the first argument....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Dictatorship improves a countries Economy

r.jafet
RonPaulConservative

IT is clear that dictators focus on issues that increase the wealth of the country then on social issues....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago