Economics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The Penny Should Die.

AppleAddict439
Caden335

Hello. My name is AppleAddict439, and i thank the challenger for accepting this debate. Let"s start in 1792, with the first U.S mint. Back then, pennies were made out 100% copper. There was no zinc in the actual penny. But, the market changed. The value of copper went up, and, due to inflation, the value of the penny went down. After that, the penny became almost completely zinc. Then, in 2006, the old pennies were found to have a value above 1 cent, so people began to melt them down to ma...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

On Balance Protectionism is a Good Trade Policy

byaka2013
LaL36

Resolution:ON BALANCE, PROTECIONISM IS A GOOD TRADE POLICYThis debate discusses the topic of the protectionism. Pro argues it is beneficial, while con argues it is detrimental.Burden of ProofBOP is shared but falls mostly on me.Structure

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Wage Gap isn't real

Bad_Jammer
ittrlitjfcialsnefr

The Wage Gap is not a real issue in today's Western culture, men do not earn more than women just because they're men. First of there is a massive difference between Wages and Earnings, wages are the total amount a person gets paid annually and that is a fluctuating rate for everyone within a specific occupation based on experience and skill, whereas Earnings are the amount you receive after taxes including the tax rebates that you receive at the end of the year. The amount that one receives in...

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

State Rights

Midnightstudios
JimShady

My view is that all US states should be independent in everything except the military....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Assuming the two are mutually exclusive, pure capitalism is preferable to pure communism

mc9
Stalinist_from_Canada

First round is acceptance only No new arguments in the final round As you can probably tell from the fact that my opponent is a self proclaimed Stalinist, he will be taking the side of communism To clarify, in pure capitalism the government still exists, but only as an "umpire" as in making sure contracts are enforced, etc. no regulations, that will be up to the free market. I will let my opponent explain what he believes pure communism to be Have a good debate...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

This house believes radical feminism is just

Mimi-Julia
Surgeon

Radical feminism is just because it helps bring down patriarchy (which is brings about gender in equality)...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Money runs the world - the rest is just details

FanboyMctroll
Treepa

Every decision, law, employment, war, occupation, murder, etc etc. is why people do what they do, is based solely on money. Money is what makes the world turn. Everything that happens, any unexplained event you encountered was because of money in one way or another. JFK assassination, wars, sport teams winning championships, laws all of it is based on money. If I have enough money I can make you do anything. Everyone has a price. You don't believe it, then lets go, and tell me I'm wrong. Lets...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Capitalism or Socialism

Liam_0o
BlueUpQuark

Capitalism: Means of production are privately owned businesses are not regulated.Socialism: The government controls the means of production.(for capitalism)Capitalism is not only the more effective choice but also the moral one. People are allowed to run their businesses how they want and hire who they want. Citizens can work for whoever they want and cannot rely on stolen money for help. When businesses are allowed to operate freely they grow and hire more people and pay...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Global capitalism faces crisis

goldman
adesh.epixel

There are 5 rounds in this debate. 1st: Acceptance 2nd: Opening arguments 3rd: Rebuttal 4th: Additional arguments 5th: Closing statements/ final thoughts(no new arguments) I look forward to having a good debate....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Do you think the sign "everyone is welcome here" should be a national symbol?

ilovejews7
Pest

Do you think the sign "everyone is welcome here" should be a national symbol since it represents racial and ethnic equality? Something is reinforcing stereotypes and insinuating racial and ethnic tensions to ignite a potential civil or class war. Therefore, a national symbol may help ease the tensions and quell the ethnocentrism and xenophobia. Do you the sign "everybody is welcome here" as seen in various progressive cities, would be a good national symbol for muc...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago