Economics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Minimum Wage

Amphia
pi3.14

First round is acceptance only. Good luck! :)...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago

Socialism in America.

evan.txt
Buckwheat6105

I am a patriotic American. I love our freedom and especially our economic system. You have so many opportunities to become something. You can be born poor and die rich. I am wanting to debate someone on how I think that socialism would hurt America and it's economic system and policies....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Money is everything?

riya20033
David_Debates

I've just come from having my dinner from my family where someone decided to talk about the water, electricity and phone bills (much to my delight), but then all of a sudden I got so annoyed at the fact that we HAVE to pay for water bills and electricity bills. We live in a world where we have to pay for pretty much everything, when someone tells me money doesn't matter , I reply by saying ; truth be told it does, money is what gets you food on the table, money is how you buy a house with, money...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should money spent on luxuries, not necessities, be given away?

elephanteh09
Gresak

Money spent on luxuries should not be given away because it is the persons hard earned money and used for them to relax and enjoy themselves with....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Entirely unregulated capitalism doesn't work

Arganger
passwordstipulationssuck

Capitalism: an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.Unregulated means that they don't have to do any and possibly more than the following: Break up monopolies Abide by a minimum wage

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Should Bitcoin Be Accepted As a Currency?

TheGrandBrand
Yannistote

Format: Round 1 - Notice of Acceptance Round 2 - Opening regards on both sides Round 3/4 - Refute oppositions arguments and bring forth new argument...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

We need to up our resource collecting to fit modern day standards (ON EARTH)

AussiePotato
hwp460

Hello opponent, to make sure you are not a troll please type in "I accept your challenge" and write your opening statement. In this Debate I will tell you we need to slow down on resource collecting instead of speed up, I have prepared a few arguments so be prepared for this. I will tell you we need to slow down on resource collecting for things like wood, along with cutting down on our mines ans telling you alternatives. Good-luck Sir/Mad'am....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should we Obligate big companies to donate to poor countries (for health and education)

debatecreator
lionard_dubson

Please vote and comment...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

the united states should abolish the capital gains tax

bandnerd67
Drissa.M

Short-term capital gains tax rate. All short-term capital gains are taxed at the regular income tax rate. From a tax perspective, it's usually better to hold onto investments for more than a year. Long-term capital gains tax rate. The tax rate paid on most c...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Resolved:Economic growth matters more than ecological issues.

hwp460
Yannistote

The economy is more important than ecological issues because, without an economy, we can't ever hope to fix climate change. If the economy is bad, then no one contributes to ecological research. Also, since the "eco-friendly" products are more expensive, no one can afford them. Global warming is easier to manage than an economic collapse....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago