Economics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Is reading both good and bad?

Drivun
DebateMaster21

So then reading is both good and bad, isn't it? idk lmao xd kill me...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

THW not punish people under the poverty line that commit economical crimes

victorialee
Sonofcharl

Thank you opponent, in advance for accepting this challenge. Before I start, I would like to clarify that we will have four rounds, and the last one should be used for pure rebuttals. the word limit is approximately 700. I have tried my best to be concise and I am looking forward to your reply! It is my first debate on debate.org, so here it goes. Good Luck! Firstly, I define punish as to give someone a penalty for their wrong doings, e.g. jail, fines. I would define people under the poverty...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Free Trade

Capitalistslave
MehItsaName

I am challenging the user "MehItsaName" to a debate on free trade. Rules of Debate:1) Burden of proof will be shared equally.2) If con chooses to post arguments in round 1, they should waive round 4 to keep the rounds used for debate even since I am not using round 1 for debate.3) The first round for debate should not include any rebuttals against your opponent's arguments. It is just for your own arguments. This would only apply to the p...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Decentralized Libertarian socialism(pro) versus Democratic Capitalism(con)

Capitalistslave
Ozzie

I am challenging the user, Ozzie to this debate. Rules of debate: 1) Round 1 should be used for definitions of your ideology, acceptance, and agreement upon rules. We will each go by the definition that the other person provides for their ideology. Note: if con wishes to do so, they can post their first arguments in round 1. I would suggest using a google doc(or other link to your argument) to do so if you choose to do this. The reason why...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should We Ensure a Safe Production of Genetically Modified Crops

S.S_NZ
natho_thebrainz

We should ensure the safety of GMO foods because of the following reasons; insect resistance, larger production, and nutritious foods. Some GMO foods have been modified to resist insects/pests, making costs for farmers go higher due to the amount of crops saved and money from insect/pest repellent. A report from university California in San Diego on toxic bacteria can be added to repel insects/pests (and be safe for human use). Amounts of pesticides used are reduced so exposure to dangerous p...

5 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should companies be forced to watch their supply chain?

Darckshadow
McDavid

Quick overview of the topic, Pro, me, will be attempting to argue that companies are obligated to keep an eye on their supply chain, and root out any corruption or immoral practices within this chain, like a 10 year old working on a Xbox. They are also obligated to give this information about their supply chain to the public. Finally, this is localized to America companies and supply chains. After that, lets start. Currently, while their are many companies who do the correct thing and actuall...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Capitalism is the enemy ideology of the working class

Capitalistslave
CynicalRepublican

Debate Structure:This will be con's structure if they choose to use round 1 for debate.Round 1: Main argumentRound 2: Rebuttal to pro's round 2 main argumentRound 3: Defense against Pro's round 3 rebuttals, no new arguments in this roundRound 4: Waive this round by saying something like "I am waiving this round as agreed upon." Otherwise this will be the structure for pro and for con if they choose not to use r...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

$15 Minimum Wage

CynicalRepublican
BrendanD19

The minimum wage debate played a massive role in the 2016 election, and has swept the nation. I will be advocating against raising the federal minimum wage to $15. My opponent must advocate in favor it. The structure of the debate is simple: Round 1. Acceptance Round 2. Arguments Round 3. Rebuttals Round 4. Conclusions I wish the best of luck to whoever my opposition may be....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Cooperative/socialist businesses(pro) versus Traditional/capitalist Businesses(con)

Capitalistslave
ImaWin

Definitions of terms:"A cooperative (also known as co-operative, co-op or coop) is an autonomous association of people united voluntarily to meet their common economic, social and cultural needs and aspirations through a jointly owned and democratically controlled business" Capitalist business: Since capitalism is "an economic system based on private ownership of the means of production and their operation for pro...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Right wing values are more just to the individual and more beneficial to society than the left wing

Moelogy
UlrikHvid

Round one - acceptance only Round two - Opening arguements (no rebuttals) Round three and four - Rebuttals Round Five - Closing statements (no rebuttals) I will be Pro arguing that The Right Wing is more just to the individual and beneficial to society than the left wing. Con will be arguing vice versa. BOP is shared Rules : - No cussing - No forfeiting - Unreliable sources result in an automatic victory to the opposing side...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago