Economics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Is India ready for a cashless economy ?

satyam43
dprakash

As we all know that India is a agriculture dominated country.most of the farmer belongs to the rural areas and some of them are illitetrate as well.they are unable to operate the mobile phones and they will face difficulties in remembering passwords and doing transactions .In the small industries there are labours they are working on the daily wages 90% of the labour are paid by daily wages with the cash.the security is also a big concern for us according to the report of the C.E.R.T approx 4000...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Capitalism

Nelson9306
blamonkey

Capitalism, the best economic system, practiced around the world, is now under attack by "socialists" who seem eerily similar to communists. I"m new here and I ain"t been around to long but I"ve been around long enough to see that capitalism works. The only person it doesn"t work for is the lazy man. If you disagree with any of that, let"s dance....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Child Labor is More Important than Education is Today

joskoo
ChingSea

I will be arguing that Education is more important for children than child labor: Child labor and poverty are inevitably bound together and if you continue to use the labor of children as the treatment for the social disease of poverty, you will have both poverty and child labor to the end of time." Child labor is a highly prevalent problem deeply rooted in society. Child labor prevents children from reaching their potential by all but ensuring that the child"s education will be diminished -...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

We should use half of the US military's budget towards space exploration & technology

mhk220
Der-Fuehrer

I believe in this mainly because they are more important to us than military. If we strive in space exploration, and technology, it'll be a step foward in human achievement and discovery. You might think that we have some tensions right now with other countries, but we can prevent war from happening as well as tensions by being peaceful. Who knows? Maybe if we do this, we could be working with Russia in the next few dozen years. And of course, be in an exoplanet that is starting to be colonized...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

The Federal Reserve should be abolished.

Hadii
AKMath

Con may start....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

The gender pay gap is insignificant.

397492387
Topaet

According to politifact the vast majority of the gender pay gap is do to conscious choices and according to politifact if lets say a man make very good choices and earns 50000 a year a woman who makes the same choices will make 47,500 dollars a year. Sorry I'm bad at english. Happy debating!...

0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

The economics system is not biased against poor people.

397492387
philosophicalnutcase

According to the Brookings Institute the three things poor teens need to succeed in life are number one get job number two get through high school and finally don't marry too early. Once people follow these simple rules they have only a 2% chance of being poor and a 25% chance of not making over 55,000 dollars. Sources: https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/three-simple-rules-poor-teens-should-follow-to-join-the-middle-class/ Happy debating! (P.S No ad hominems)...

9 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Flat Tax is bad

Blahwheel
ElPinguinoPapista

I don't believe people living in an apartment should be taxed more than people living in a house. Convince me otherwise....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

employers should adopt a four-day working week

kkhadija
ArguingPerson123

I believe that we should not adopt a four-day working week because having a shorter workweek can ruin the competitiveness and it produced billions in additional costs. stress levels will rise when working those long hours and people will become mentally drained...

0 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Universal Basic Income

bsh1
MurdocNiccals

IntroMurdoc kindly responded to my public plea for a debate, and I am grateful to him for making this round possible. This topic is also of great personal interest to me, and so I am happy that this was one of the two Murdoc identified as ones he was willing to debate. In order to ensure quality judging, I have set a voting ELO threshold at 3,000. Comments are required and the select winner system is in force. The voting period lasts 14 days. <...

Debating Period
27 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago