Economics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Capitalism vs. Socailsm

micellio
Eve9732

Capitalism is in reference to the free markets without government interference based on the works of Adam Smith and the Austrian School. Socialism is the government interference and partial control as a mesh of the Keynesian and some Marxist ideologies. I want an open debate and discussion,...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Equality vs. Freedom

JuniusNing
TheMarketLibertarian

The point that supporters of personal freedom routinely miss is that when the tax laws governing an economy favor wealthy business owners then fewer consumers are able to afford the products they sell. However, if these same proprietors pay their employees a decent living wage and are taxed an equal percentage from their earnings as the middle and lower classes are required to do then consumerism rises, more products are sold and the rich become a LOT richer. Everyone benefits....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should The Death Penalty Be Banned?

jazasultan
byaka2013

There are many things in this society which should be banned, but the death penalty is not one of them. It is definitely the right way to go as far as capital discipline is concerned. Right now in our country, I find it outrageous that criminals think that they can get away with just about anything. In some states, including Alabama, the death penalty has helped them lower the rate of violent crimes. We need some form of capital punishment to send a message to career criminals that they will not...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Excise/sales taxes should be illegal

Capitalistslave
TheMrHappy

I will be arguing for the above resolution. My opponent will argue for the negation of it. Rules:1) no ad hominem, personal attacks, insults, be civil2) The total number of rounds that should be used for argument in this debate is the total you see minus one. This is to keep the total number of argument rounds even between us, since I am not using round 1 for argument.3) The last round of argument should just be rebuttals/defense and/or conclus...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Gentrification in cities

asox44
LaL36

I believe that gentrification in cities is bad for the community and only drives the working class families out because it increases the cost of living. It solves no problems and only marginalizes people more than they already have been. Definitions gentrification-the change in the character of a traditionally working-class area following an influx of new middle-class residents. [1] (From what I have experienced this usually entails people coming from the suburbs with their money to newly "...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Is the root of all evil money?

awkward_narwhal
MrMathMan

I think money is required for a stable economy. Without some sort of currency everything would just go to hell. A friend brought this up to me and I have to disagree....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Opinions on the Black Lives Matter protests.

sims.james
600010168

BLM Protesters are over exaggerating 100%. They are not being treated unfairly, if anything the people caught in the middle of it all are being treated unfairly. Yes, police brutality does exist. No, blacks aren't the only ones it happens to. Just as many white people have been brutalized by police officers as black people. Today's youth thinks its okay to walk around and be disrespectful and unorthodox, and people aren't doing anything about it. While they are protesting they are giving today's...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

If people were properly educated, capitalism would disappear

Capitalistslave
thumbnailunavailable

I couldn't fit the entire resolution in the title, but here it is:"If people were properly educated and the government wasn't involved in the economy, capitalism would disappear."I am arguing that this is true, my opponent will argue it is false. I'll take burden of proof solely. Rules of debate:1) No insults, ad hominem, or personal attacks. Be civil2) The total number of rounds used for argument should be the total you see here minus on...

Debating Period
18 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

is school imprtant

jonahlee
smithn421

going to school is important because you need the education. First, you got to school to get a job and the job you want. Next, if you drop out of school you will not get a good job. Also, school education helps you get the job you want to pressure in. in conclusion, that is why going to school is important. Finally, school is important because it will help you later in life...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Socialism(pro) versus capitalism(con)

Capitalistslave
JimShady

I am challenging JimShady to this debate. I would like to mention that I am going to be arguing for a specific type of socialism known as cooperative individualism, which is a form of cooperative economics. You can read about cooperative economics/individualism here if you're unfamilar with it[1]. As you can see, it employs socialist economics, and some people consider it a form of syndicalism, which is a form of socialism. I would rather not debate on whether cooperative economics is socia...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago