Economics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

DebateIsland.com New Amazing Debate Website VS Debate.org?

TrumpSupporter

DebateIsland.com released another new update that includes user page customization, redesigned Debting, new Debates and Communtiies views, redesigned profile, new closed Debate functionality and Debate status. DebateIsland is troll free and you can block trolls. DebateIsland is actively developed and has other updates coming out soon with amazing functionality! After all, it is actively developed unlike DDO. That's why I switched there. The DebateIsland community is very civil and the fou...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Capitalism (Pro) vs. Socialism (Con)

Renegade184
Overhead

This is an acceptance round:By joining this debate you are defending Socialism as a better economy than a Capitalistic one....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Would you give up certain luxuries to save the environment?

zoey22077
PowerPikachu21

Would you give up cars, running water, e.c.t, to save the envoirment. I will not state my opionion, but would you really? If you were in the sittiuation, what would YOU choose?...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

The Gender Pay Gap Is Not Real?

Atheistvoice
Overhead

I will simplify what I mean in the debate topic. While their is a gender earnings gap between men and women it is not based on discrimination. First Round Is Acceptance Also can we please leave insults out of this debate for whoever accepts....

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Free Market Capitalism (Pro) vs Mixed Economy(Con)

qwzx
Youraverageunicorn

This round is acceptance. Round 2 will be arguments Round 3 will be rebuttals Round 4 will be addressing opponent's rebhuttals and concluding statements Good luck and hope you accept this challenge Free Market Capitalism: A free market is a system in which the prices for goods and services are determined by the open market and consumers, in which the laws and forces of supply and demand are free from any intervention by a government, price-setting monopoly, or other authority. An examp...

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Price Gouging

commonsensepls
levi_smiles

I believe that price gouging is not only the correct thing to do in a disaster, such as Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, but the moral thing to do as well. When prices remain low, while demand is extremely high, supply becomes suppressed and as a result, crucially needed supplies and services are not available. If prices would be allowed to rise in disasters, those most affected will have goods and services available at a high price, as opposed to no goods or services at a low price. This is moral be...

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Tax Policy

Corgi_Attack
ScryMind

This debate will be a comparison of the "Bernie Sanders" and "Donald Trump" tax plans. I will be arguing that the Trump plan is superior to the Bernie plan. My opponent, ScryMind will argue the opposite (Pro Bernie plan). The first round is for acceptance and agreement of the terms of the debate. For the purpose of this debate the Bernie sanders tax plan is as follows: https://taxfoundation.org/details-and-analysis-senator-bernie-sanders-s-tax-plan/ The Bernie tax policy will accomplish th...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Replace Voting With Spending

Xerographica
PowerPikachu21

1. People are unequally informed. 2. Voting gives people equal influence. 3. It's a problem when unequally informed people have equal influence. 4. The solution is to replace voting with spending. Have you ever been to a dog show? I haven't. My interest in dogs is less than the cost (time/effort/ticket) of the show. But if Samantha offered me $100 to accompany her to a dog show, then I'd accept it. Dogs at shows are judged by a small handful of experts. They might also have a people's...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

The Penny Should Die.

AppleAddict439
Caden335

Hello. My name is AppleAddict439, and i thank the challenger for accepting this debate. Let"s start in 1792, with the first U.S mint. Back then, pennies were made out 100% copper. There was no zinc in the actual penny. But, the market changed. The value of copper went up, and, due to inflation, the value of the penny went down. After that, the penny became almost completely zinc. Then, in 2006, the old pennies were found to have a value above 1 cent, so people began to melt them down to ma...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago

On Balance Protectionism is a Good Trade Policy

byaka2013
LaL36

Resolution:ON BALANCE, PROTECIONISM IS A GOOD TRADE POLICYThis debate discusses the topic of the protectionism. Pro argues it is beneficial, while con argues it is detrimental.Burden of ProofBOP is shared but falls mostly on me.Structure

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago