Tommy.leadbetter
richardk84

Ectasy

Tommy.leadbetter

Pro

ecstasy should be legal, and is far better than alcohol in every way a drug could be better.
richardk84

Con

I do not believe that Ecstasy should be legalized. I would not say it is "far better" than alcohol either, even though it has been used medically and been reported to help patients lessen psychiatric problems, Ecstasy can still be very dangerous if used improperly and can produce similar side effects that alcohol would such as blurred vision, faintness, and confusion.
Tommy.leadbetter

Pro

Okay so all you say on this argument is that ecstasy can be as bad as alcohol in that is gives you 'blurred vision, faintness and confusion.' As somebody who has used ecstasy , I can tell you that these effects (apart from maybe faintness) are significantly less when under the influence of ecstasy than alcohol.

So I will lay out some categories for how we might rate if a drug is better or worse.

After-effects.

No significant hangover with ecstasy, much worse with alcohol. However if the two are mixed, hangover worse than just alcohol. So ecstasy has less repercussions than alcohol and so in my opinion, wins this category.

Risk when taking.

Both are risky when taken. Ecstasy easier to overdose because very easy to eat large amounts of pills, however alcohol does produce many cases of alcohol poisoning. So both can be overdosed relatively easily but I would say if anything, ecstasy is slightly more risky.

Effects on you/others

Ecstasy produces feelings of love and happiness only. Alcohol produces a carefree attitude that is subjective to a persons mood. For example many people report getting angry every time they drink, others say depressed or 'crazy'. Alcohol does typically make you merry, but this is because you are doped out. Ecstasty makes you more alert, aware and conscious. It does not encourage you to scream and shout and fall over, but rather hug and talk heart to heart. I think this is much better for the individual and the society than drunkenness. I am not against alcohol, I am aware that many can reap the benefits, and use it in nothing but a good way not harming anyone. However we don't make drugs illegal because some people can handle them, we make it illegal because of the people who cannot. Now I live on a busy street and I tell you there are two types of people that walk past: Sober people, who are sane and relaxed : Drunk people, who are loud always, sometimes aggressive, sometimes just boisterous and causing minimum damage to the world around them. Drunk I argue, makes you carefree and this can lead to a range on antisocial/ self destructive behaviour and most of the time leads to stupidity, clumsiness, violence or an unsafe attitude. Ecstasy leads to heart to heart conversation, love, peace (no violence) and dancing. You will not get angry on ecstasy you cannot, only if it is mixed with beer and still its difficult.

So basically ecstasy should be legal if alcohol is legal. I am not saying in a utopia it should be legal, but in this society where we allow alcohol, we should also allow ecstasy. And my reasons for this I state above, as I believe it to be far less damaging than alcohol.
richardk84

Con

richardk84 forfeited this round.
Tommy.leadbetter

Pro

I leave you too reply to my previous argument
richardk84

Con

richardk84 forfeited this round.
Tommy.leadbetter

Pro

Tommy.leadbetter forfeited this round.
richardk84

Con

richardk84 forfeited this round.