nathylopez
whiteflame

Edible Vaccines

whiteflame

nathylopez

Con

Are genetically modified vegtables/fruits making us allergic to the vegtable/fruit?
People may develop an allergy to the fruit or vegetable expressing the foreign antigen. It is not clear what will happen when the person comes in contact with the actual virus. The vaccines behavior is not very predictable.
My opponent will try and convince the audience that Edible Vaccines are good. I am here to prove that they are not.
My opponent will try to say that, Edible Vaccines are a great help to our community. But in reality, just simply making these genetically modified foods, is expensive.
whiteflame

Pro

As a microbiologist who often works with genetically modified plants, I will be glad to take the stance of Pro in this debate. I would like to thank Con for presenting this debate, and am certainly eager to get started.

Given that Con has not elucidated full arguments, but has rather simply outlined his case, I will follow suit and allow him to present the first full arguments in the next round. For the time being, here's that outline.

1. Edible vaccines are a dramatic improvement on the current systems available, requiring significantly lower costs long term, far less expertise on the delivery end, permitting a far wider dissemination of vaccines, and generally improving the situation with vaccinations at home and abroad.
2. The technology is taking massive leaps forward, and quickly finding ways around the various barriers that make it a possible danger. The extensive testing regimens that such foods have to go through ensures that safety concerns are resolved before they go to general use.

With that, I'll leave off and allow Con to begin elucidating his arguments.
nathylopez

Con

nathylopez forfeited this round.
whiteflame

Pro

Why am I not surprised? Another science debate that someone starts and isn't even prepared to argue. Fantastic.
nathylopez

Con

nathylopez forfeited this round.
whiteflame

Pro

Well, I guess he's not coming back, though he's been online multiple times over the course of the last few days. I guess this will just be a conduct vote. By the way, if anyone wants to have this debate, or pretty much any debate about vaccines, I'll be more than happy to oblige.
nathylopez

Con

nathylopez forfeited this round.
whiteflame

Pro

Well, another debate with no arguments and all forfeits. I leave it to the judges to afford conduct points accordingly, and to my opponent, I wish him well in whatever endeavors kept him from engaging in his own debate.
Vote Placed by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
nathylopezwhiteflameTied