BlackSpartan15
xXCryptoXx

Education Is The Only Avenue For Success In Today's World-----(Education in General)

xXCryptoXx

BlackSpartan15

Pro

Judges, Audience, Opposition.

Over decades of time, there have been great debates as to whether education is the only avenue for success in today's world. My task today is to highlight to you my points of agreement to this moot. This is since a persons' education has a great impact on the person's overall mental well being, their employment or financial status and even so lack of education disrupts one's genetic traits.

Firstly, one's education has a great impact on their overall mental well being . This is so due to the fact that when person doesn't have the required amount or level of education, they would not be able to develop their full brain potential and widen its capacity. With an undeveloped brain, persons become mentally retarded and are deemed unfit to adapt to society and its changes.

Secondly, In society today a person's education has a major impact on their employment status. Person's without the required level of education have undeveloped skills and insignificant attributes. Consider a scenario where a person applies for a job and the particular position requires the person to have a particular skill. Do you think this person will get the job? My answer is No! Without this skill the uneducated person would not be able to fit the position being offered. In addition without a job this person would not be able to provide for themselves financially.

Furthermore, a person need to educate himself in order to become a responsible adult. If a person is uneducated and irresponsible and by some means impregnates a woman, his genetic traits is passed on the the growing offspring. In the case if the pregnancy goes as planned, when the child reaches an appropriate age for school, special needs will have to be given to the child due to his/her father or mother disrupted genes.

In closing, I strongly agree that education Is! the only avenue for success in today's world. As I stated before one's education governs his mental well being as it relates to retardation, His employment status which affects the person financial status and most importantly education has a link to a persons' genes and the traits being carried on.
Thank you!
xXCryptoXx

Con

Education is Not the Only Route to Success

My opponent makes the false assumption that education is the only way an individual can be successful. This is flawed in that education does not necessarily equate to intellect, education does not necessarily mean one will be successful (a student with a top notch education can fail to succeed in life through external causes, such as drug addiction, crime, ect.) and the most successful business in modern society is the entertainment business which does not require education. Just look at NBA player Lebron James who drafted out of highschool and has become one of the most famous and successful basketball players out there. (1)

Its not just sports either, many people have become successful without education through acting, artwork, movie directing, singing, ect.

So my opponent has already lost this debate in that education is not the only route to success.

Contentions

“one's education has a great impact on their overall mental well being”

So does a plethora of other things, but that doesn’t mean they are directly related to societal success. It has already been shown that there are many other ways to be successful without education. Exercising helps mental well being and that’s exactly what famous sports stars do.

“In society today a person's education has a major impact on their employment status”

Which is irrelevant to people who are musicians, sports stars, artists, ect. They do not require an employment status to be successful.

“a person need to educate himself in order to become a responsible adult”

This is not true. Responsibility comes from prior experience and maturity, not necessarily an education. Just look at so called educated politicians; they are some of the most irresponsible people in existence.

Closing

Thank you for this debate.

By the way, what’s with all of these one round debates lately? Either way, I’m loving it.

(1) http://bleacherreport.com...

Posted by BlackSpartan15 3 years ago
BlackSpartan15
My opponent clearly states that i'm making false assumption yet in fact he is the one who is making false assumptions. I clearly did not state that every single uneducated person will not be unemployed. And the fact that Lebron James did went to school, I was talking about not having an education at all that is, in general, so for all the voters out there who agree with xXCryptoXx i urge you to reconsider as it relates to the fact that he doesn't use is argument as it relates to education in general only the fact that persons have started school and did not finish. Thia argument is about education in general that is how it relates to not having an education at all.
Posted by benito_felipe 3 years ago
benito_felipe
I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue against the importance of education. Except maybe your generic internet troll
Posted by TheCommonMan 3 years ago
TheCommonMan
Thank you for clarification. In that case, I don't think I will accept mainly because I generally agree with you. If it were education at a college/university, I would've accepted, due to the fact that there's many successful people that never graduated from a college.
Posted by TheCommonMan 3 years ago
TheCommonMan
For me to accept this debate, I would like a little clarity on what you consider education. Does this mean a college/university, or just a knowledge on how to do things?
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
BlackSpartan15xXCryptoXxTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made better "arguments" which were backed by "sources".
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
BlackSpartan15xXCryptoXxTied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments and sources to con. Con was the only one to source anything and his arguments made more sense.
Vote Placed by sadolite 3 years ago
sadolite
BlackSpartan15xXCryptoXxTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con gave ample examples of different ways of becoming successful without a "formal" education. Pro should have defined "general education"
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
BlackSpartan15xXCryptoXxTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had a source