amirraslan
adrianajones

Education in Malaysia is badly in need of reform

adrianajones

amirraslan

Pro

Welcome and thank you for taking time to read this.

This debate will be about education in Malaysia.

I believe that in the present climate, education system in Malaysia should be reviewed and changed altogether.

Debate will be structured as follows

Round One: Acceptance only.

Round Two: Opening arguments.

Round Three: Rebuttals and more arguments.

Round Four: Rebuttals and Conclusion.
adrianajones

Con

amirraslan

Pro

amirraslan forfeited this round.
adrianajones

Con

I am going to refrain from posting my argument until my opponent has the time to write his arguments; which will hopefully be next round.
amirraslan

Pro

amirraslan forfeited this round.
adrianajones

Con

Pro has yet forfeited another round, however I will disregard this and go ahead and post my argument.

I am assuming that Pro would have argued that the education system in Malaysia is broken; and thus should be reviewed and changed. However, as Pro has continuously forfeited, it is difficult for me to predict what specific sections of the education system he/she would have focused on.

Nevertheless, I will argue and provide facts that in fact the education system in Malaysia has numerous positive aspects and should not be changed.

Malaysia is truly starting to flourish and expand as a country. Malaysia is trying to rebuild the economy, and the economic structural transformation that has taken place over the last 40 years is incredible. The Malaysia government places a high priority on education and there are approximately 17 public and 20 private universities and colleges, along with various polytechnics and industrial training institutes in Malaysia [1].

Moving on the quality of the education. The education system in Malaysia is up to international standards, and is regularly monitored by the Ministry of Higher Education [2]. In addition, the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), is personally responsible for overseeing that the quality of the education in Malaysia is up to standard.

What about the cost? In the table below you can see the approximate annual tuition fees, annual living cost, and total education cost, for Malaysia and several other countries. As you can see, the price is much lower than the other 4 countries. This means that you get just as good of an education at a much lower price.

I am going to end my argument here, and hope that Pro will post something in the final round, in order for me to get a better understanding of what aspects he/she believes should be reformed.

[1] http://www.iskandarmalaysia.com.my...
[2] http://www.campusmalaysia.com...
amirraslan

Pro

amirraslan forfeited this round.
adrianajones

Con

I say again; the education system in Malaysia is not badly in need of reform.

As my opponent has yet again forfeited another round, there is not much left for me to say.
Posted by Empiren 3 years ago
Empiren
Education is an area that always needs reform.

Malaysia or Hawaii, there is always a need for it in education.
Vote Placed by Themba 3 years ago
Themba
amirraslanadrianajonesTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF and uncontested arguments.