navin63
Travniki

Education is the key to our counties future.

navin63

navin63

Pro

I believe that education is the key to our country and all others future. Con will say why it isn't. My points will be our children will be our counties entire future and I will go off of that bringing into example other countries and past education rankings.
Travniki

Con

Thank you for this debate and welcome to the site,

I will be talking about how the way education is evolving will have a negative impact on Western countries and how economic development and diplomacy by our current leaders is the most important factor for our future rather than education.
navin63

Pro

Thank you for accepting.
I think education will be the key to our countries sucsess because our children will be tommorows workers. The three-yearly OECD Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) report, which compares the knowledge and skills of 15-year-olds in 70 countries around the world, ranked the United States 14th out of 34 OECD countries for reading skills, 17th for science and a below-average 25th for mathematics. How could we compete with other countries with these rankings. Each year, approximately 1.3 million students drop out of high school, 21 percent of them have shown to go to jail. and the rest of them on avrage urn 25,000 per year than there counterparts who did graduate.
If we have an uneducated and poor country then we will not be able to compete with other countries. We will still have problems in unemployment and goverment and if you think we arn't suited for it now, then in 30 years we will be as well suited as some of the worst countries.
In the 1970's, Hong Kong had the #1 education ranking and now that the kids back then are working they have the #2 ranked economy. Do you see the relation. In the long run, you need education. We will be unperpared for the real world and our country will strugle to survive in the modern world.
Travniki

Con

I need to clairify that Pros BOT is to prove that education will serve the future better than any other institution today, I will prove that it is not, that many other institutions are more essential.

Rebuttal:

Children are the Workers of Tommorow:

Regardless of education, if National Debt and Unemployment rate are not fixed there will be no jobs for the children of tommorow, even if they all have shiny Harvard Certificates. A strong Economy, and the abolishment of national debt is the key to the future; education is not even possible if these things aren't met.

Even today, with a population of competent educated adults we see that there are still enourmos problems, this goes to show that education does not fix the Nations Economic problems. A stron g Economy does not depend on mass education. A few smart educated people are needed. Only about 5% of every child needs an education for the well being of a country, the rest depends on what that small percent does with it. Education is not the key to the future, a strong economy run by a few intelligent people is.

We will not be able to Compete with other Countries:

Even though the US has a much lower rate of Education, why is it still much more prosperous than Japan or China? That is because the educated from other countries come here after they complete university to start a family and have a better life. Education is not needed in America, it can be imported from other countries.

My only point:

America has never done too well on the global scale for education, but the educated still flock to America so it will always be prosporous no matter what. Albert Einstein came to America from Germany, most of our sceintists are from Asia. Education is not the key to the future, America does not need to put educating its youth before all else, investments in Economy and Military have much larger weight on our future than education. You don't have to be smart to be a soldier, and that can be the job of the future American Youth, while our scientists come from other countires (this is already how it is today)

Education is not the key to the future.

-Vlad

navin63

Pro

navin63 forfeited this round.
Travniki

Con

Awesomeness extended
navin63

Pro

navin63 forfeited this round.
Travniki

Con

We had at least one round of real debate so I guess this was kind of useful...
Posted by Travniki 5 years ago
Travniki
You also said "Peopls came when the education was good" as your justification. It's great you don't agree with what I said but vote on what was said in the debate, not your personal opinion. I'm about to hit the Nerdrage button.

Someone hold me back.
Posted by Travniki 5 years ago
Travniki
Hey hey hey Foolonthehill!

Vote on the arguments, not the resolution! Don't use the voting booth to continue the debate, Pro didn't even say any of the points you used to attack my arguments. This resolution was pretty skewed, how does one really debate that education isn't important? This was a troll resolution if anything, and he didn't even refute any of my points.

You made new arguments attacking my case in the vote then gave the debate to a forfitter who never addressed anything I said.

I call bad conduct, and general stupidity. Go to your room.
Posted by navin63 5 years ago
navin63
I was overwhelmed with schoolwork. Stanford University sure doesn't go easy on its students!
Posted by navin63 5 years ago
navin63
Im sorry, I did not have enough time for that round.
Vote Placed by The_Fool_on_the_hill 5 years ago
The_Fool_on_the_hill
navin63TravnikiTied
Reasons for voting decision: I am sorry Con. That was the worst non-sense argument I have seen so far. Peopls came when the education was good. The US are on the way down right now fast!!!! With out education you can't even know if you are doing well or not. Let alone talk about it reasonably. You need educated people to run the economy. Just putting money into it makes no sense. What about keep up with technology, and new ideas. you get the conduct for forfiet but pro gets the argument for sure