MrBurns2017
passwordstipulationssuck

Education nowadays should be mostly computerized

Started: 9/2/2017 Category: Technology

MrBurns2017

Pro

I used to be a programmer and today I am an information security consultant. I am a business management graduate.

My argument is that, technology could replace most of the learning today.

Today you can,
- Upload lessons on the web.
- Share resources together like reading material and exam papers.
- Regulate progress and attendance via different apps including geolocation apps.
- Community support in forums by the teacher and other students.
- New apps can be developed to drill the material or hold the material in form of notes.
- If presence is required, in case of some lab or field work. Such arrangement could be made by the school.

Pros:
- Low tuition.
- More compliant students since they struggle against the technology instead of a teacher (Technology is a method of control in organizations and it is supported by research to work).
- Students can go on their own pace instead of others and complete more material.

The disadvantage is that people socialize less when they dont attend school. But it is not an issue educators should be concerned about.
Another disadvantage that such plan is mostly suitable for students above a certain age (high school) kids.. because they have more discipline to commit themselves to studying. Below such age, all responsibility falls on the parents.
passwordstipulationssuck

Con

I will be arguing that modern technology must be balanced with traditional textbooks and pen-and-paper note taking.

The average number of Google searches per day has grown from 9,800 in 1998 to over 4.7 trillion today. This may not be surprising, since we"ve all come to appreciate the thrill of instant information. But while it"s certainly convenient to have the sum of all knowledge at our fingertips, studies show that the "Google effect" is changing the way we think. In an experiment published in Science Magazine college students remembered significantly less when they learned on the computer. the ease of access to the internet has conditioned our minds to dispose of information as it can be accessed later. Essentially, we utilize the computer to save energy on encoding information into our long-term memories.

Neuroimaging of frequent Internet users shows twice as much activity in the short term memory as sporadic users during online tasks. Basically, our brain is learning to disregard information found online, and this connection becomes stronger every time we experience it. So the more we use Google, the less likely we are to retain what we see.

Our brains use information stored in the long-term memory to facilitate critical thinking. We need these unique memories to understand and interact with the world around us. If we rely on Google to store our knowledge, we may be losing an important part of our identity.

In order to balance this effect, we need to use the computer in order to facilitate learning which must first be done in a more traditional sense.

In regard to my opponents case,

1. he states that you can upload lessons on the web. however, if that comes at the cost of a decreased capability to then retain that lesson it's essentially worthless.

2. He states that you can share resources like reading materials and exam papers. Since we've already established that most learning should be done on paper, we then have to remember the principle of state/context dependent memory which basically means that if an exam is conducted on the computer and the learning took place on paper, you will see decreased test scores. I do believe that conducting group assignments could see increased efficiency with programs like google docs and would not affect learning as long as it was coupled with traditional classwork.

3. He says that we should "regulate progress and attendance via different apps including geolocation apps. Do you mean schools tracking students? I'm just against that as a matter of principle. it's simply not their right.

4. I believe that another valid use of technology is out of school communication between students and their teachers. It could only facilitate learning so I'm fine with it.

5. For his next point regarding drilling material and taking notes I would reference you back to my case and my points against learning on the computer.

6. This point suggests that my opponent is arguing in favor of complete virtual classes which would mean that all learning would have to be done on the computer which as I've said, would harm learning.

7. in regard to lowered tuition, If you're in college and can choose your classes and choose the school you go to, and you choose to go to a school that has complete virtual learning (emphasis on choose) that's your right as an adult. While that may lower tuition costs which may be an equal trade off for some in regard to decreased learning. I do not, however, believe that it should be a universal mandate among all colleges or high schools.

8. he states that students can go at their own pace instead of others and complete more material. I believe that we should not force other students to have their learning compromised with the flawed mandate of virtual learning and instead students who can't keep up in class will need to take responsibility for their own learning and take the initiative to get extra help from their teachers or from a tutor.

"Google Annual Search Statistics." Statistic Brain. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2013.

2 Sparrow, B, J Liu, and D M. Wegner. "Google Effects on Memory: Cognitive Consequences of Having Information at Our Fingertips." Science. 333.6043 (2011): 776-778. Print.

3 "Smartphones Account for Half of All Mobile Phones, Dominate New Phone Purchases in the US." Newswire. Nielsen.com. The Nielsen Company, 29 Mar. 2012. Web. 30 Apr. 2013.

4 Small, G.W, T.D Moody, P Siddarth, and S.Y Bookheimer. "Your Brain on Google: Patterns of Cerebral Activation During Internet Searching." The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry : Official Journal of the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry. 17.2 (2009): 116-126. Print.

DR Godden, AD Baddeley - British Journal of psychology
MrBurns2017

Pro

First thing that I saw that you gave references at the end of the post, I thought that the argument is going to be tough. But then I saw how the research that you posted mostly regard a marginal point which is not that valid to this discussion.
However, I studied A-Level psychology so I can address that point.
Google search, like any other information data storage, if it is computerized or not. Is beneficial. People use google for all kind of of uses, if it is for choosing what movie to see, how to reach a place or what to buy. Why would you want to store that information in the long term memory. Even if you are a programmer or do software/hardware related work, you need google to refer to documentations and manuals. Everything is stored in the short term memory, for long enough to have the task done.
The only main thing that needs to be stored in your long term memory is language. And you practice it a lot regardless if you use a computer or not.

Regardless of the debate, schools arent mostly about storing as much information as possible in the long term. You can test yourself. Take a pen and paper and write everything that you remember from secondary school. You would hardly reach 1% of the material in the syllabus that was taught. With computerized technology all your notes wont be lost, they will be in some server on some cloud, so you would be able to refer to them. You might also be able to drill the material after you finish school with the apps that you had on your ipad.

1. What?!?! you can reply the lecture again. Universities such as Stanford and MIT already exploit that way of learning. In the traditional way if you lost focus during the lecture, you are screwed, because you cant replay the session.

2.ha! I do remember learning about context dependent learning in psychology. The point is so weak. You can print the paper from its digital version if you wish, and it would give you the memory effect that you are after. Again that technology is already applied in universities, and it was applied at the university that I was at.

3. What do you mean it is not their right??!? all a student has to do, is reach the school, or classroom, and open the app and press on a button. The app would trace his location. The teacher can then open his app and confirm the attendance. I used apps like that when I was at work. It is just a better technology to track the student attending lessons and then create graphs, histograms and make other statistical representations which could be then presented to the school senior staff in a form of a power point presentation.

4. Virtual learning is being deployed on many sites today. Linda.com, Khan academy and Coursers. Entrepreneurs, learners and even professors believe in it, because they all participate in those programs. Apart from replaying all or any lessons again, you could prevent courses that were badly instructed by some teachers and receive community support from people all over the world. The only problem is that for you to be examined you need to be physically present.

5. Apps accelerate learning. There are many apps there that have got different drills and progress tracking features. If you learn networking, then there are many networking apps such as CCNA and Network+ apps with tests and quizzes. They dont do any harm, but assist you in learning. You could avoid using them anyway if you wish.

6. 7. It may only lower learning on specific classes such as classes that require lab work or special equipment. There is no need for you to spend money on a class that you could watch online. A school is like a business, it has to create a model that works. It needs to hire lecturers for a specific period of time and rent a place for them. All that increases your costs significantly. A degree from a top university costs around quarter of million dollars today. And it doesnt include the cost of accommodation and other fees. A degree can be much cheaper and consist a few thousands of students each semester, and not a few tens each semester.

8. Lol, since when do you get extra help at school? Do you mean an extra hour or two with the teacher? dont you think it would cost you more money? why not to have an online community that helps you for free and without attending some extra class in some place. I remember having paid for extra classes during the holiday in my school.. That was so expensive! I wish I just could go online, and search for definitions and learn maths from the internet. I can go and learn calculus right now, and learn it well.. with all the material that is there.
The only issue that people have with that kind of learning is that they are afraid they wont have the discipline to do so.
passwordstipulationssuck

Con

I agree mostly with what my opponent says in his first paragragh OUTSIDE of a school environment. You need to encode the information into long term memory because they won't let you make a google search on your exams.

My opponent argues that you can store information in the digital realm so you can access it after your time in school is over. If your incredibly concerned with being able to have access to your 10th grade history class twenty years down the line then this argument is completely valid. However, most people are more concerned with getting high marks on their exams which requires mnemonic encoding.

1. if you lose focus on the lecture and you find yourself without an answer, chances are your class has assigned homework. if you find yourself without an answer on the homework you can look up the answer and incorporate it into the notes thus facilitating encoding.

2. yes, you can print the paper but if you learned it on the computer attempting to encode it on paper will still be more difficult. And I'm not saying that computerized learning has no meritorious traits. Simply that there needs to be a balance to ensure the most efficient learning.

3. It's not the right of the university to track the movements of its students. it's invasive. At work you can sign a contract. I wouldn't want my workplace to track my location either. This point is one of the smaller ones in both of our cases.

4. I believe these websites are great tools to facilitate learning as a supplement to what was taught in a lecture. to enforce this method of learning upon all students when many learn best from face to face instruction would defeat the purpose of these learning supplements.

5 again. these apps could be used as a supplement to learning and could be used to drill information that has already been encoded to increase the ease of access by drilling synaptic pathways.

6.7. Again, since you won't have access to google on the exam you will need the information encoded into long term memory as a result face to face communication is the best known methodology for facilitating encoding. What's actually driving up tuition are the redundant administrative positions that are growing in number. not hiring professors. but that's a debate for another day.

8. I don't think we were on the same page for the first part of this. For getting help from the teacher I was referring more to High school. Tutors were more for college. Having an online community to help you would be beneficial as long as it was used as a supplement to what was taught in the lecture. Information must first be encoded into long term memory in the lecture, then it may be supplemented with whatever means work best for you.
MrBurns2017

Pro

The point about tracking someone, bothers you. Lets use a simpler way of confirming attendance. Scanning the schools bar code or simply using an app that with a button press, sends your location to the school.

A lot of your address my previous points, but they dont counter-argue them. For example, the fourth point, is absolutely your personal statement, which says that face-to-face teaching defeat virtual learning. There is no research supporting that argument. Doctors, hi-tech people, scientists, lawyers etc, use the internet.

Number 5 is exactly my point. Why to reiterate it?

6.7. I never said that I would use google during the exam.

"the information encoded into long term memory as a result face to face communication is the best known methodology for facilitating encoding."
That just shows how little psychology you know.

"What's actually driving up tuition are the redundant administrative positions that are growing in number. not hiring professors. but that's a debate for another day."
And that point shows that you like talking about something else and not address my point. I was talking about them being high in the current rate. Not why they are growing.

"Having an online community to help you would be beneficial as long as it was used as a supplement to what was taught in the lecture."
True. You just reiterated my pro argument.

"Information must first be encoded into long term memory in the lecture, "
Here is that last hilarious closing statement again.
passwordstipulationssuck

Con

First, my opponent states that we could push a button that lets students tell the school that they are present. but in order to make it to where they eliminate truancy, they would have to press the button in every class. at that point why not just take attendance like it's always been done.

my opponent states that there is no evidence that face-to-face learning is better than virtual learning.
2013 - Xu, D. & Jaggars, S. S.
Adaptability to Online Learning: Differences Across Types of Students and Academic Subject Areas
Community College Research Center at Columbia University

2002 - Brown, B. W. & Liedholm, C. E.
Can Web Courses Replace the Classroom in Principles of Microeconomics?
American Economics Review 92, 444-448 A533; May 2002

2000 - Efendioglo, A. & Murray, L. W.
Education at a Distance: Teaching Executives in China
T.H.E. Journal, January 2000, 27(6)

2002 - Hartzoulakis, V.
Investigating Computer Mediated Instruction in a Greek State Lykeio
Doctoral Dissertation, 2002

2009 - Ferguson, J., Tryjankowski, A.
Online Versus Face-to-face Learning: Looking at Modes of Instruction in Master's-level Courses
Journal of Further and Higher Education Vol. 33, Issue 3, August. 219-228

And many more.

what I meant in 5 was that you need to encode the information in a face-to-face environment then an app could help to reinforce it. But it should not be the primary mode of encoding.

No, you won't have google on the exam. and every citation I've provided shows that face-to-face instruction is the best way to make sure that the information is in long term memory. As my citations in my first post show, using the internet to learn inhibits long term encoding.

"What's actually driving up tuition are the redundant administrative positions that are growing in number. not hiring professors. but that's a debate for another day.
And that point shows that you like talking about something else and not address my point. I was talking about them being high in the current rate. Not why they are growing." The reason they are high in the current rate is because of the redundant positions. Not because of traditional learning.

Again, I said that an online community could be HELPFUL but should not be the primary method of learning.

Yes, you do need to encode information into long term memory before you can reinforce it. I don't see what's hilarious about it.
MrBurns2017

Pro

I will pass onto your research after I go over a few points that you struggle to understand from the last 3 rounds.

Because you have never written a program, you struggle to understand how the "presence" system works. Since many people have their phones with them, or a computerized device (some school integrate computers in their school system). A student could download an app. Thats what the apps responsibility be. A teacher will have the role of pressing a button that will send a request to a server that the lesson has started. The server will, then send, a request to all the students devices of their locations. If the student is outside of school, the devices wont send back a response. Everything will be done only with the teacher sending a request (even that process can be automated by writing a program). The student doesnt have to press or do anything to report being present.
From the system, there are no effort made that is too strenuous and no privacy is violated because of tracking someone outside of school area. All you then get, is data of when and in what class the student was present. That data can then be transformed to a nice report, that the parent, or management can look at.
If you prefer the old method of name calling or noting on paper who is present and how is not, then fine. It is a marginal point in this discussion and a nice feature that I simply thought would be nice to have.

"
what I meant in 5 was that you need to encode the information in a face-to-face environment then an app could help to reinforce it. But it should not be the primary mode of encoding."
I think that you dont know what encoding means in cognitive psychology. It doesnt necessarily mean to store information in the long term memory. You could also encode information in the short memory.
It is the students job to choose what method to choose to store information in the long-term memory. Some students dont even use notes. I have a method that is different than most people use.
Part of it is research supported.

"what I meant in 5 was that you need to encode the information in a face-to-face environment then an app could help to reinforce it. But it should not be the primary mode of encoding."
What difference does it make if it is primary or secondary, you, yourself consider if it assists you. I would love to have lots of apps with drills to help me memorize what I have learnt. They track your progress and question you a lot, .. it helps a lot!

"Again, I said that an online community could be HELPFUL but should not be the primary method of learning."
Another type of statements that try to respond to something that I didnt argue for.

"No, you won't have google on the exam. and every citation I've provided shows that face-to-face instruction is the best way to make sure that the information is in long term memory. As my citations in my first post show, using the internet to learn inhibits long term encoding.'
Lets come to your citations. I read all the research apart from that Greek article. None focused on the relationship between face-to-face interactions/teaching and effective long term memory storing.
Without referring to research. You need to know a few concepts in psychology before continuing to the next round.
Short term memory is memory that exists for specific amount of time, usually seconds. The duration of short term memory seems to be between 15 and 30 seconds, according to Atkinson and Shiffrin (1971). There are different types of memories,
http://www.human-memory.net...

For academic purposes, you want to store as much valid information as you can into the long term memory.. usually would mean a semester or until the end of the year. This is the minimal longevity that information should be stored, for learning to be effective. In other systems, mostly secondary school systems in some countries, the critical period of time is 1 week, as those systems are based on constant assessment.

Here is a method that I used to store information in long term memory,
https://www.amazon.com...
The book is based on research.

Some of the information will be stored from short term memory to long term, such to episodic or semantic memory. But that would only happen in very particular circumstances and most material (such as names, facts, dates) will be needed to be reiterated throught revisions at home.
Dont you think it is a bit preposterous to say that face-to-face instruction is the best way to make sure that the information is in long term memory?
Because if that statement was true, then the students wouldnt even have to do revision or much revision at home before approaching the exam. Everything will be already stored in memory after the lecture. If you have attended any academic lesson, you would know that statement is utterly ludicrous.

"No, you won't have google on the exam. and every citation I've provided shows that face-to-face instruction is the best way to make sure that the information is in long term memory. As my citations in my first post show, using the internet to learn inhibits long term encoding."
You must learn some research methodology and have a basic understanding of the difference between a simple correlation and statistical methods that identify causal factors.

Now to the research. I read through them all, they do support a correlation between off-line students doing better. But they lack the validity to address the points in my first argument. My system is more targeted to the students needs, if it is to cut the tuition fees, have higher accessability to online material (e.g. papers, articles, forums) or drill the material (for example, through quizzes).
You posted your last source, by mistake, I guess. Thats because it supports my arguments. Note that I already said that the online system requires more disciplined students (i.e. not any random student) and it has to be structured in a certain way to be effective. Read the extract of your last citiation and read the last line.

"Trevathan and Myers (2013) examined the implementation of the Process-Oriented Guided Inquiry
learning technique in on-line IT courses. Earlier studies in traditional classroom lectures
showed that this technique improved students" problem solving abilities, interpersonal skills and
learning outcomes, which encouraged them to examine the implementation in an on-line environment.
The incorporation of wikis, blogs and Facebook into the learning management system
was viewed favorably by both teachers and students in increasing engagement and supporting
group work.

The capstone project is an important component of most IT programs. It could be challenging for
students to complete the capstone project in an on-line environment, especially when working in
groups. Tappert and Stix (2011) implemented procedures to effectively manage geographically
distributed student teams in a hybrid capstone IT course. They highlighted the importance of
course organization; effective instructor-student communication and setting clear guidelines and
expectations for each member of the team. This is similar to what Newman and Hermans (2008)
found when forming virtual teams to work on a marketing project as part of an MBA graduate
course in marketing.

Lapsley, Kulik, Moody, and Arbaugh (2008) investigated the validity of this theory by
Said, Kirgis, Verkamp, & Johnson
comparing on-line and face-to-face course structures for a senior level human resource
management course, and concluded that online learning may even be superior in its overall effect
on students" performance"

I have no more characters left. We can discuss more studies. But the more you bring the more they will be mixed.. and the more you discover that there are valid ones. Valid because they show that the application of the technology was successful to the education system.
passwordstipulationssuck

Con

My opponent gets into the attendance argument again. Since attendance doesn't have anything to do with actual education and simply accounts for who's there for the education, it's really not important.

2. Yes, you can encode information into short term memory but it's gone in literally around 30 seconds. kind of pointless. Next he states that the student could choose their method of learning. however, the resolution states that education should be mostly computerized. Meaning that only a marginal amount of learning would be done traditionally and the rest would be compulsory virtual learning. your argument approaches counterplan status which doesn't make a lot of sense for you to do as pro.

3. There's a difference between education and supplementing education. again, the resolution that you wrote asserts that education should be mostly computerized not that students should supplement education with learning apps. those are entirely different things. You seem to think they're the same. They are not.

4. this is an argument pertaining to your claims. One more time. you are the pro in a debate about whether or not education should be mostly computerized. Under the resolution, Virtual Learning would be the primary method of learning. thus when I argue that these online tools could be a supplement rather than the primary method I am directly arguing against the resolution that you, as pro, support.

5 he states that short term memory exists for around 15 to 30 seconds. yes. I know.

6. He states that the idea that everything will be encoded after the lecture is ludicrous. it's not. encoding is recognized by scientists as the initial learning of information (Melton, 1963) after that comes storage and retrieval. this is where supplementation comes in.

7. He states that my research on "the google effect" is simple correlation and not causation. However, if you refer to my research you will find that actual brain scans have determined that relying on the internet actually changes the way your brain works and conditions you to forget information. that's not simple correlation.

My opponent states that his plan is more structured to students needs but then goes on to state that the online system requires more disciplined students in order to be effective not just any student. to to compel ALL students to take virtual classes would undermine the potential effectiveness of virtual learning. He also states that my last source supports his arguments. this is false. the last study I cited found that face-to-face students did significantly better on identical exams in a class taught by the same professor.

My opponent goes on to talk about IT courses. I would agree that in a course about working with computers that students should learn by working with computers. But again, the resolution is about ALL education not just IT. He also talks about a hybrid capstone project. If that means a mixture between online learning and virtual learning then I would be fine with that as you have the potential to get the best of both worlds.

To conclude, I believe that we should maintain the status quo. Currently, we can choose between online classes, traditional classes, or a mixture of the two. But to change the system so that most classes are virtual eliminates the possibility for a student that learns best in a traditional environment to learn in a way that best suits that student.
MrBurns2017

Pro

In the last round, I am not going to reiterate what I counter-argued in the last round. It would be a waste.
You could read the last research that he posted. It has more valid points pertaining to the arguments or point of view that I adapt.
2009 - Ferguson, J., Tryjankowski, A.

or you can read the extract that I posted in the previous round. About how long term memory works and the techniques behind storing something in it, you could read online. Use google or forums to find out, dont enroll to any courses ;)
Research also the difference between a causal relationship and a simple correlation between two variables.
I am not going to lecture the debate on what I studied years ago, he is too ignorant to listen.

In this round, I will talk about a possible applicability of the technology to a university. I will take harvard and its business management course. I took a business management course in kings college London university, so I am familiar with the difficulties.

I will outline some the difficulties that existed back in the time. I dont think it would be so wise for the debater to deny my experience, because it was and is pretty common to many other places. So here what the difficulties were:

- Not enough resources for all students. Books in the library were limited to few students. You had to wait for students to return particular books or order them online.

- Lectures werent recorded. If you missed a particular point in the lecture or simply didnt attend it (perhaps was ill), thats it, there is no other way to refer to it. That could mean that you could write irrelevant things in the exam, which would lower your score.

- Lecture notes most of the time didnt become available online.

- Some lecturers were very bad, which lowered the score of all the class or big part of the class.

- Sections of the material were difficult. Some sections in managerial finance and managerial economics were difficult even to bright students.

- There was no assistance (or extremely very minimal) from the lecturer outside the class or from any of the member of the group.

- There was no preparation before the exam.

So how some of the points that I mentioned can be fixed?

- Put as many resources online.. So accessibility is very easy by all students.

- Record all lectures. Dont record new ones unless they are better than the old ones. That also means, bad lecturers should not participate in the recordings. If a student, decides to go to classes, and he finds out the lecturer is bad, he can always fall back on the online previously recorded lecturers.

- Use university forums to create a community that helps.

- (Preferable) Create some web apps to help students drill some of the material. So for example, if you are taking a spanish course. Create some Spanish quiz apps.

So how can all that be applied to a university such as Harvard. Such a university needs to shift its business model to cover greater number of students. From a hundred to thousands or even more. That means shift learning online. Through online courses.
I know the debater will bitch about he fact that he provided some research for face-to-face learning being superior to online learning. But lets assume it is true, and there is a difference of lets say 10%. All what a student has to do is try 10% harder than the student that is present on campus. .. or alternatively attempt to come to US and pay quarter of million tuition fees (or $158,800 if you decide on taking MBA).
My opponent will ignore that point and go back to reiterate his old statement "that face-to-face interactions are necessary for long term memory encoding..", that is because he is either totally oblivious to what I write or simply ignorant, or thick as a brick.. I dont even know.

Okay, so Harvard, could transform to online learning gradually without hurting its profitability. First, it could shift all its resources (apart from the books) online, including recorded lectures. Wait a generation of students and conduct research to see the effects of the change that it made. If the change didnt havent a bad effect or if it had a positive effect it should keep the change, and incorporate it to an online program, which would allow it to profit more and make education accessible and cheap to a lot of potential students. Online students would mostly have to travel to the campus to attend the exam, and pay for the marker to check his/her exam.

With time, the university could build an online community that would support different students, and build apps that assist students in their learning.
Thats it! a very easy implementation.
passwordstipulationssuck

Con

His first real argument is that there aren't enough resources for all students. Again, if you would prefer to work with technology that's fine. if you prefer to use an E-Book that's great. But the passing of the resolution would compel EVERYONE to use it. and it's simply not best for every student.

next, he states that since lectures aren't recorded so you could research irrelevant things. or you could borrow a classmate's notes or talk to the professor after your next lesson.

he states that some lecturers are very bad. Unless you plan on somehow eliminating professors, they would still have to be the ones to record your notes which would result in a poor professor producing poor video notes.

I'm going to skip down to where he ties in computerized learning.

1. again, putting resources online would be a supplement but not the primary method of education ( I would like to point out that he in no way contests that his position as pro advocates for the elimination, or near elimination, of traditional learning methods. thus all of his points involving potential supplements to learning are approaching non-topicality) If you want to use online resources I'm perfectly fine with you doing that. I want students to have that choice. Emphasis on choice.

2. His next point about recording lectures has a few fundamental flaws. first off, some professors teach the same course for a long time thus by the time they retire the curriculum is likely to have changed meaning that a bad professor may be teaching current information while the old professor may be teaching outdated or non-topical information. moreover, this is still just an online resource. recording a traditional lecture for later viewing is not making education "mostly computerized"

3. again creating an app would be supplementation not changing the primary method of education. Stop treating them like the same thing. they're not.

4. This paragraph dips into some frankfurter50 or backwardseden level insults. I'm not going to stoop to your level so I'll just address your points and move on. My plan involves people being able to select the method of learning that's best for them. in my plan, they wouldn't have to try significantly harder because they are being compelled to learn in a method that doesn't suit them. The student would have the freedom to choose their method of learning. Your plan involves compulsion and forcing some students to learn in a method that doesn't suit their minds or personality.

5 I believe this program could be helpful if a student is allowed to choose it instead of being forced into it.

In conclusion, my plan is all about the freedom of choice. the student must have the ability to choose between virtual learning and traditional learning so everyone can learn in an environment suited to their individual needs.
Posted by MrBurns2017 4 months ago
MrBurns2017
I thought you would reiterate what you already did in last rounds. Too bad you for you that you didnt bring anything new and twisted the whole con argument for you.

Well, at least that wasnt the worse debate, and you didnt forfeit.

As for this site. it is absolutely shite! I hate it, and it isnt worth my time debating with random people..

So! f@ck this site and I am not going to be back !!!!