DareLynxz
BestDebate

Education problems

BestDebate

DareLynxz

Con

Schools what the f*** seriously Too many problems with school im in 8th grade im 14 and noticed something really f***ed up censorship is extreme in schools this link is just an example https://www.youtube.com... schools are banning books like how to kill a mockingjay the catcher in the rye why so it says f*** or ni**** there is way worse things out there in my school i got detention for writing the word jerk i personally think that is extreme and a direct violation of the first amendment freedom of speech religion press etc there banning books like that but still i here my teachers curse all the time there's books in our library with curse words in it and porn scenes they are not banned but books kids have been reading for years have been banned god back then they probably knew less curse words the we do I think as long as not not directed at someone cursing should be aloud in schools if said to another teachers/student etc then discipline should be enforced otherwise I say let them curse again a direct violation of the first amendment. Another problem is schools digging into students business off school grounds http://www.cnn.com... If you clicked on the link you can probably agree way to extreme a god damn former FBI agent isnt that too far I get you want to keep your students safe but if they don't do anything at the school or school related then why punish them if its happening after school report it to the police its there job not yours and in the first place teachers or principals should not be searching up your name and looking at things like instagram facebook and twitter thats your personal business im done for now my fingers hurt lol argue it up.
BestDebate

Pro

Education is fine as it is. With Common Core coming out, a centralized way of learning is perfect for our society. US is ranked 25th in the world for math. COmmon COre will help us. Our Education right now is horrible. We aren't even in the top 10 for math or science. We call ourselves "the melting pot" because we have many smart immigrants. But is everyone learning that well, even smart kids. Thats why our education right now is bad and needs to be changed
DareLynxz

Con

i dont know where you are in the USA but common core is leaving where i am and its personally screwing me over I have to leave everything I learned in the last 7 years and throw it away and also schools need to have diversity in classes earlier on like in 6th they should pick there classes because right know all I have learned is math science reading/ELA and social studies but nothing else but I have a question How many mathematicians can there be no wonder no one has any jobs because everybody knows the same things because there's no diversity in schools classes like home ec should be mandatory in all schools a class that teaches you life skills like cooking your own food paying bills balancing checks and things like that because if I would be throw out into the real world I would be screwed I have no knowledge on those things its insane
BestDebate

Pro

BestDebate forfeited this round.
DareLynxz

Con

lol i win anyone want to challenge to round 4 and 5
BestDebate

Pro

Common Core is fine for me
DareLynxz

Con

DareLynxz forfeited this round.
BestDebate

Pro

LOL I win this round :)
DareLynxz

Con

DareLynxz forfeited this round.
BestDebate

Pro

I suppose i won this debate :)
Vote Placed by zmandebater 2 years ago
zmandebater
DareLynxzBestDebateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con has no argument here. Con is just complaining because they don't like school. Con has no broad view or any knowledge on the subject of their own debate.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
DareLynxzBestDebateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture