Dr.Zazr
TheRussian

Education should be free around the world?

TheRussian

Dr.Zazr

Pro

I consider education as a right to human beings. If you are a human being, you should be able to get an education for free. The reason I debate that it should be free is that many people cannot get an education because of the financial situations. Also, the rich gets to go to the best schools and the poor struggles to get and education at a low profiled school. I You decide to choose this debate, good luck to you because I am going to win! :)
TheRussian

Con

I agree, I believe that anyone who wants to have an education has a right to obtain it. More, everyone has always had a right for a free self education. In the modern world, it is even easier.

"the rich gets to go to the best schools and the poor struggles to get and education at a low profiled school."
This already implies that the cost of education affects its quality. Free education would mean low professional preparation which, in turn, would impact the country's economy and security.
Dr.Zazr

Pro

Sure, everyone can self educated themselves but no one in this world is smart enough to learn everything by himself or herself. We all need support and teachers to educate us. What I am saying is that the current education system needs to change and be equal to everyone.
About the poor and rich, you are right with the quality of education, and that is exactly what I am expressing. Shouldn't it be the same for everyone? Why should only the rich get the best education?
TheRussian

Con

I am saying that if education was free, quality for EVERYONE would be bad. Yes, it will be equal, but it will be poor quality so in the end, no one benefits.
That's like saying: Shouldn't medical care be free for everyone? Every one has a right to be healthy. Why should only the rich get the best doctors, surgeries etc. Yes, everyone does have that right, but if it was free, everyone's medicare would be bad. In the end, no one benefits.
Compare private colleges to community colleges.
Dr.Zazr

Pro

Well, now you are changing the subject from education to medical care....
You cannot *Assume* that if education is freely provided for everyone it would be poor. If everyone works together, it will work just right. After all, the professor's children will study the same material with the same resources, so the professors will try to teach the best they can. What makes these things change is money, so give the enough money. About medical, we can discuss in a separate argument.
TheRussian

Con

I am not changing subject, I am comparing.
Nor am I assuming, think about it logically. The gov't would have to pay for ALL education. This is too much. The gov't would not be able to take away so many funds from other areas to make up for the sudden loss of money. A person isn't compelled to do a hard job very well if he isn't paid decently. It looks great on paper, but because of human flaws, laziness, greed etc. it won't work.

Thank you for the good debate.
Posted by Dr.Zazr 3 years ago
Dr.Zazr
Vote Placed by Geogeer 3 years ago
Geogeer
Dr.ZazrTheRussianTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro noted the inherent inequality in the ability to receive an education. Con made a perfectly valid point about healthcare as an analogy that Pro failed to address.