Education system giving more importance to academics,thus excluding sports and arts.

education one's considered a 3 legged stool comprising of academics,sports and arts.
but now it become one tracked ,more importance is given to academics to get better jobs.
thus, excluding the importance of sports and arts from a child's life.
the education system is centered to give book knowledge to the students rather than basic real life skills and practical skills.
due to this the students are deprived of their physical health and artistic thinking

Before I get into my opening statements for this topic, I would like to thank Pro for making this debate and hope we both have fun. Good luck!

I argue that academics should in fact be more important than sports, but the focus on academics does not exclude sports whatsoever in schools. A school is a place of learning. At school you learn much needed knowledge such as mathematics, Language, science, etc. All things that are extremely useful in everyday life. Although sports do help provide other skills, such as teamwork; academics are far more important. Even though academics are more important, schools are not excluding arts or sports in any way, shape, or form.

These were my opening statements, and I look forward to the next round.

shubhamdhuli forfeited this round.

I will make this argument short, as there was nothing to refute.

Schools everywhere have sports and arts programs available to th students. If a student wants, he may indulge in sports such as football, track, soccer, etcetera. If the student likes art, he may take art classes, that can be from crafting, to woodwork or painting. I understand that academics are more emphasized than sports or arts, and rightfully so. Although sports and arts are a good way for kids to express themselves or do something they like doing, they are not what the main purpose of school is. Again, the purpose of school is to provide much needed knowledge that will definitely be needed later in life. Schools are not excluding sports and arts in any way, and I challenge Pro to find evidence that they are.

I understand this argument was short, but there was nothing for me to refute, and will be nothing unless Pro returns.

I really appreciate your views.
but what i mean to say is that more importance is given to the bookish knowledge.
you may agree with my opinion that" life is lived on real life skills and practical skills" which could only be inherited by involving in sports and arts as they teach us teamwork,sportsmanship and enhance our thinking and artistic knowledge.

academics i.e book knowledge only help us to mold in our surrounding by making us understand the scientific phenomenons and giving us the explanations of our day to day queries.
but what i am trying to say is that "it does not tell you how to live your life?"
it doesn't give you the social knowledge because that can only be gained by (working as a team) which is an element of sports.
Sports enhance your physical and mental stability too. If you are not physically healthy it will reflect in your studies too.

let me give you a situation,Though it is stupid

A dog is rushing toward you to bite you, what will you do-
(A) run from there {sport's element}
(B) apply cosQ sinQ {bookish knowledge}

I thank Pro for his reply.

I would like to start off with yes, more importance is given to academics. This is how it should be. In the title of this debate (Education system giving more importance to academics,thus excluding sports and arts.) it says that by doing this, it is excluding sports and arts. Again, I argue that it isn't. I don't really understand what you meant by saying academics don't tell you how to live your life. No, but they are a crucial thing in life, and should be more focused on. You need them to get a job, to do taxes, to do your job, etc.

Academics do actually give social knowledge. There are many projects in school that can last a long time, and usually require the work of more than one person. There's also presenting the projects in front of the entire class. Saying school work doesn't give any social knowledge is incorrect. You don't need sports and arts to gain that. I know sports do give social skills as well, but they still shouldn't be more or equally focused on. You also don't need to do sports to be physically healthy., and how would that reflect in your studies? I see no way that it does.

As far as your situation goes, (I know you said it was stupid) I don't think a smart person would do math as a dog closes in on them. But again, you do not NEED to play sports or do arts. I agree that it is a good thing to do, but you don't need it.

Concluding this short debate I would like to get back to the main point. Schools are not excluding sports in arts in any way. Pro has failed to provide proof or evidence for this.

Thank you Pro for the debate and good luck during the voting stage.