Education Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Teachers should be allowed to discipline students, eg use a ruler for a cane.

WOLF.J
Nartnod7875

Students nowadays are walking around aimlessly worrying about exam grades, whilst all our teachers do is take abuse from us, whilst saying "do what you want, atleast im getting paid". R1- just acceptance, then in the comments we can lay out our bullet points before starting r2 to make it longer, and fair....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 38 Minutes Ago

Should teachers be license with guns in the classroom.

JETT35
pi3.14

I can visually see the benefits of having teachers arm with a hand held gun. But their are many down falls towards having teachers with lethal weapons, because a child life is always at risk whether you believe or not. So I believe teachers shouldn't even be given the opportunity to have a lethal weapon because there are a lot of different circumstances could happen....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should Schools Require Uniforms?

woolyllama
hudwareagle

School is probably one of the many places where people feel like outsiders. They may feel different from the others; bullied even. But I think with a uniform system established into schools, there can be no bullying over what people look like, what they can afford or what they can wear. Nobody can judge another on how they express themselves, and the drama over who has more expensive clothes will be at a close. There will be no countless hours spent in the mornings deciding on what skirt goes wi...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should Human cloning be allowed in the United States of Americe

noobi
Chargers315

I think human cloning should be allowed because of many ( four ) reasons. My first reason is that, If a mother ends up not having a child because of some infection, she can get a cloned child and this does not hurt the original child. The mother of the original child may not be happy though. My second reason is that, it can help our army ( although their lives will not be a grown man so rhey can fight lter or be cloned when they are young ) . Lets just say the United States of America waged war...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Hannibal Barca was a better general than Alexander the great

RomanLegionary
Duncan1217

If you accept this debate, you will try to argue that Alexander was a better general than Hannibal Barca. If either one of us asks for sources of a certain fact the other uses, the sources must be given. I will start the debate by talking about tactical blunders Alexander has made. First of all, Alexander always charged into battle with the companion cavalry. This may have given his soldiers more morale, but this aggressive behavior ended up resulting in his death (he got poisoning from an ar...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

It is better if we have one day for only halaqa time.

MariamK112
mohamedali

WARNING I know it"s long but it"ll be worth the reading of it. Also, we would like to know your thoughts. Thank you! I believe that we should have a day at TAMKEEN for doing only a halaqa. I believe that we should do this at least once and in that day we should answer the Open Your Heart Questions. I have many reasons to support my argument. (Note: I can expand on my reasons but this is just the basic of it. ) Reason 1: if we do one whole day of answering Open Your Heart Questions then t...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is the education system broken?

CJW
tanner_1230

The education system does not measure intelligence it tests memory. The education system is idolised and puts false pressure upon the younger generation, at which they give up what they love and lose who they are in order to meet competitive expectations. The education system crushes creativity and passion....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

I-ready in schools

starsquish20
2SidedPolygon

I ready should be banned from schools because the site often crashes, the lessons are so long that children often forget what they are learning and rarely have time to finish then, and because it take so much time out of their life that they have not time to go outside and actually be a kid....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Schools should have uniforms

parzival309
hellopuppy4

Uniforms are bad in almost every way. They prevent learning, socialization, and diversity....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should schools assign online homework on snow days?

awesome_person808
hellopuppy4

Schools should assign homework on snow days....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago