Education Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Technology in the classroom

gwarrenster
BrettBoelkens

I want to debate the level and types of technology that are appropriate for a secondary level classroom. Since the con-side is harder, I will take this side. The debate format is relatively open. I do want the final round (3) to be for final replies only, no new arguments, but other than that, please feel free to use any citation format, and post in the round in any order....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Technology in the classroom

gwarrenster
TheShadeM

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Education can be a boundary for imagination.

pusk_2611
NDECD1441

We've all been hearing this phrase probably our entire lives- "Imagination has no boundaries./ Imagination knows no bounds". It may indeed be true. The same way, I believe that education can be a boundary for imagination. You may now ask me how? There are several examples I can give in order to support the topic. Let us suppose that I do not know the meaning of debate and also that I have absolutely no idea about the Internet. Now, considering these circumstances I wouldn't be able to imagine...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Homework should be cut down in high school.

oak1431
Unicornlady

For most high school students, homework pushes kids far beyond the school day. High school students get a average 17.5 hours of homework a week, which equals ~2 hours of homework each day. (including weekends). That time could be spent doing extra curricular activities, like sports or after school jobs. Even with all of its benefits, it proves that places without much homework do better. For example, Finland, which stopped giving a lot of homework to students in 2009, scored 6...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Are yanks silly

johnj106
nivac817

yanks are pond life need to be civilised you just have to look at Trump ha ha ha ha come on get out the pond...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

School uniform should be abolished

Zebra03
elizhall

Did you know that shockingly every year children are bullied because of their uniform? This is because when a bully sees a child in a uniform they immediately suspect that they have rich parents that spoil them. Then they then assume this, therefore, means that they have a posh expensive phone. This leads to mugging and then bullying. When I was doing my research I found a site that was telling me that some children were being asked to wear black hoodies over their uniform because this was happe...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Abolish school extracurricular

mariah_wijaya
NIGHTANDKNIGHT

I'm disagree the host will abolish school extracurricular. School ex (extracurricular) could make students ability get into higher level beside the academic. We must remember!every students ability is not same. Some of them have an ability in academic , but some of them couldn't,and they might have interest such in sports , music , and we could find them in extracurricular. What will students could interest ? If they couldn't find something in school that they liked to. And then i belive extra...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should More Schools Been Created in Yobe State Created By Kawule87 or Mai Masoya

m.masoya
GabrielleLevenkron

All the victims were teenage boys and 11 others were seriously injured. Most of the school was burned to the ground. Islamist militants have attacked dozens of schools in north-east Nigeria. Last September, 40 students were killed at an agricultural college during another night-time raid. Advertisement Teachers at the school in Buni Yadi said the gunmen gathered the female students together before telling them to go away and get married and to abandon their education. The name Boko Ha...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

rt3

kissyface
Shocky190

this is terrible i really hate dettentions becuase i think it isgay...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Should students be in smaller classes?

blueflames228
Natethemate

Students who were in a small class in grades 4 to 6 had better school achievement and higher wages as adults than those who were in large classes. This is shown in research done at IFAU, the Institute for Evaluation of Labor Market and Education Policy, in Sweden. Smaller classes are also found to be profitable to society. Whether a large or small class size plays any role in student learning is heatedly debated. Previous (primarily American) research has shown that small classes improve scho...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago