RationalMadman
po.osullivan

Egotistic rap battle.

RationalMadman

Pro

This is a battle of all the raps in history that are essentiallly the opposite of 'disses' they are raps that make the rapper seem so amazing as not just a music artist but an entity.

One song per round.

Thanks to whoever accepts for this epic battle.
po.osullivan

Con

Good concept, I've never really seen this before. Gotta love early Snoop. This song establishes Snoop's credentials while delivering a driving funk beat that fits in great with the "Atomic Dog" sample. Great rhythm, great production, good style, and sufficiently boastful.
RationalMadman

Pro

;

I HIGHLY suggest to listen to 480p quality instead of 360p quite a difference on the beat.
po.osullivan

Con

I had a feeling something like this would happen when I saw your first post was Tech N9ne. You're posting great, slightly out of the mainstream guys, and here I am feeling like a poser who only listens to top 40.
Anyway, this round I've got Thank You by Jay-Z. WHat I love about this song is the understated braggadocio. Listening to Twista's beat and vocal cadence, you're primed, you're pumped, and every boast he gives is going to have an inflated effect. (Not hating on any part of that song, exceptionally well constructed, especially the second verse)
In contrast, Jay goes with a lazy, brassy, five note horn beat that makes everything he says sound that much cockier. He knows he's better than you, and he doesn't even need to prove it with superior technical skills. That's not to say there's no skill in the delivery, however. The wordplay and inside jokes ("That is no reason to treat me like I'm somehow from outta heaven" [Okay, J-HOVA]) are especially effective on this track, because the lyrics are emphasized rather than the beat.
RationalMadman

Pro

I'd post snoop and Jay-Z if i though they were worth the top five of egotistic raps. I don't care if mainstream or not. I just care that the rap is epic and Would even back slowmo homo Lil Wayne if I thought he was decent. My opinion isn't based on the fact ost mainstream rappers suck (thay don't) but the select few that do happen to, unfotunately, be rather overrated (apart from eminem, he is the only mainstream rapper I feel is decent). To prove my love of mainstream rappers being included, I posted this one.

;
po.osullivan

Con

Oh, no, I wasn't criticizing you or anything. More getting on myself for not listening to enough stuff that doesn't sell a millions of copies. It's mostly because I listen to what I hear about, and when everyone goes nuts when an album drops, I'll at least give it a chance. I try to stick with quality stuff though. None of this Tyga bull. Anyway, pretty standard here, not much to say, except this is off Big L's first posthumous album. He runs Harlem, and as the popularity of the album shows, he doesn't even need to be alive to do it.
RationalMadman

Pro

; One of the rarest.
po.osullivan

Con

po.osullivan forfeited this round.
po.osullivan

Con

po.osullivan forfeited this round.