Katelin_of_awesomeness
draxhunter

Elders over 80 should be able to drive.

draxhunter
Started: 3/27/2014 Category: Cars

Katelin_of_awesomeness

Pro

Elders over 80 should be able to drive because how are they suppose to do errands? They can't drive and elders don't like to stay home all day.
draxhunter

Con

The reason I say they shouldn't drive is because there have been incidents where people have been run over because the person is to old to make reaction. When they have to do errands they get people to do it for them. Look people over 80 are usually retired and are in a retired home and most of the stuff are done by workers that work at the retirement home. I am not talking about young people here.
Katelin_of_awesomeness

Pro

I'm not dumb. Maybe some elders don't live in retirement homes! What if they don't have a family!?!?!?!!?!??!??!??!
draxhunter

Con

I know I was just putting it out there. I wasn't referring to you being dumb. I was referring to the fact they have illness that might affect their driving. If they really have to go somewhere they can take the bus. The reason being is some of them have illnesses that like intense arthritis which can cause them to have late reaction. http://www.cnn.com... I believe if they don't drive it's safer that way.
Katelin_of_awesomeness

Pro

Here's what I'm saying... Maybe they don't have buses or have illnesses... You got a good point but I disagree
draxhunter

Con

What would you do then? let them drive and have them cause harm on the street. There is a reason why we don't let 10 years old drive. The almost same reason comes when it comes down to letting elderly drive. Once you grow so old you need someone to take care of you. Okay fine you don't have a disease but you might react to things slower than people who are usually younger drivers. Fine they don't cause an accident and get lucky once in a while. What happens when they do just because they don't see a little kid crossing the road? The little kid might die because the elderly didn't see the little boy or their reaction was too slow to prevent that accident.
Katelin_of_awesomeness

Pro

Did I ever mention 10 year olds driving? No. Okay, I'm not arguing with you. I'm gonna win. Let's just get this debate over with.
draxhunter

Con

What I meant to say that once you get so old you can barely do things. The reason I said 80 or over is because they have issues. You haven't given any good reasons. I mean yeah you said errands bust besides that I haven't seen much. Give me another fact or a reason Fine they need to run errands but if they are the risk to the road don't you think it's time to stop? You are born in diapers and when you grow old you die in diapers. There should be a limit.
Katelin_of_awesomeness

Pro

Katelin_of_awesomeness forfeited this round.
draxhunter

Con

So like I said elderly people over 80 years old should not be able to drive. They have been known to cause issues in the road when they have delay reaction due to age. Even if they are able to drive they should take a driving test every year to make sure they're actions on the road do not cause fatal accidents. People over 80 should have no medical condition when driving. That's obvious. If you are able to drive at least they should be able to make decision right there and then and not delay by a second when it comes to driving elderly over 80 have been known to cause car accidents due to loss of hearing, vision and slow reaction.http://www.thestar.com...
http://www.senatormoore.com...

I know these sources are not American neither am. I rest my case
Posted by scienceNerd48 3 years ago
scienceNerd48
Elderly people are already allowed to drive, pay attention I had a neighbor who drove 'till she was 100.
Posted by lightingbolt50 3 years ago
lightingbolt50
I'd never go out on the road if there were lots of 80+ people on it. That's just ridiculous!
Posted by draxhunter 3 years ago
draxhunter
Why would you take me down? You were the one who started the debate. I just wanted to know the opinion. It's not like I hate elderly people.
Posted by Katelin_of_awesomeness 3 years ago
Katelin_of_awesomeness
draxhunter I'm taking u down
Vote Placed by Ozzyhead 3 years ago
Ozzyhead
Katelin_of_awesomenessdraxhunterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con gets all 7 points. For starters, pro did this '???!!!?!?!?!' kind of thing which takes both conduct and spelling and grammar away from pro. Pro did not really argue, only made claims. Also, con's arguments went unchallenged. Con also used sources, where pro did not.
Vote Placed by zmikecuber 3 years ago
zmikecuber
Katelin_of_awesomenessdraxhunterTied
Vote Placed by Dan4reason 3 years ago
Dan4reason
Katelin_of_awesomenessdraxhunterTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. also the argument that elders get into accidents was not properly refuted.