uahshdyy
Dimonrn

Electoral College Abolishment leads to Democracy

Dimonrn
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

uahshdyy

Con

• Round one is acceptance
        • Round two is the openins arguments
        • Round three is more arguments
        • Round four is counter arguments
        • Round five is the conclusion
        • Links/Citations are required
        • I will be holding the stance that abolishment of the electoral colleges WON'T lead to Democracy
        • I accept the challenge

Dimonrn

Pro

I hold the stance that abolishment of the electoral college leads to democracy. Since there were no clarifications on the opening argument, I will make general claims to clarify the argument.

Democracy includes all forms of democracy. Any increase over time of one of these forms of democracy is considered leading to democracy.

The increase of democracy will only be measured in the United States of America.

The electoral college being abolished is the United States of America's electoral college.

Abolishment is defined as "to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void:" according to - http://dictionary.reference.com...

I hope my opponent will accept these claims, for they are just general and neutral assumptions made about the debate topic. They are not intended to skew the debate topic. The use of them is to pin point the debate topic so we can have a clear and concise debate. I accept this challenge. Good luck!
uahshdyy

Con

uahshdyy forfeited this round.
Dimonrn

Pro

Democracy is a word Americans use to describe America. If America were to abolish the electoral college, 1 of 4 things could happen.

1) America becomes more totalitarian (Dictator, monarchy)
2) America becomes more parliament/small group with power based (Aristocracy, oligarchy)
3) America becomes more democratic
4) America becomes more anarchist

Most bills presented to the US senate that call for direct elections when calling for the abolishment of the electoral college. So it is natural to assume that the United states would move torwards a direct election, if we abolished the electoral college. Which is democracy!
uahshdyy

Con

uahshdyy forfeited this round.
uahshdyy

Con

uahshdyy forfeited this round.
Dimonrn

Pro

Dimonrn forfeited this round.
uahshdyy

Con

uahshdyy forfeited this round.
Dimonrn

Pro

Dimonrn forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
uahshdyyDimonrn
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark