wierdman
Calvincambridge

Electric cars should be a priority in plans to fight global warming

wierdman
Started: 8/20/2011 Category: Technology

wierdman

Pro

The debate will go in the following order:

Round one: Intro

Round two: main round/ Case

Round three: CX

Round four: conclusion.

My opponent will answer the following questions as well as use these questions as a base for his contentions:
Are electric cars helpful in fighting global warming?
Are electric cars economical?
Are electric cars compatible with electric grids?
Are electric cars reliable?

Calvincambridge

Con

I accept. I believe america should just ride horses again.
wierdman

Pro

Are electric cars economical?
Are electric cars reliable?

Thank you for accepting:

An electric car is a type of alternative fuel that uses electric motor instead of a internal combustion engine. This debate will focus on the question: Should electric cars be a priority in plans to fight global warming?

When discussing an issue such as this one, we must properly discuss the advantage of the product as well as the possible disadvantages of the product. In terms of electric cars, we find that electric cars can significantly reduce green house gases. Electric cars are environmentally friendly as it reduces air pollution. electric cars are 100% emission free as well as free of any pollution by product.

"There are many advantages that are accompanied in an electrical vehicle. Namely, you are saving air of pollutants that would otherwise be spewing into the environment. Electrical vehicles are 100% emission free, and are free of pollution by-products. They provide their power from batteries, solar, or hydrogen fuel cells."

(http://www.articleinspector.com...)

Although Electric cars are constantly tweaked, researchers tells us that these cars can significantly reduce Global warming. A recent study shows that by the year 2050, broad acceptance of PHEV's could cut green house gases by approximately 6.12 billion tons each year. (http://www.popularmechanics.com...). The acceptance of electric cars will not only reduce green house gases but will also increase air quality thus proving that electric cars are more than helpful in fighting global warming.

Are electric car economical?

To properly answer this question, we must first compare the cost efficiency of both a gasoline powered car with an electric car. In doing so, we must first distribute the different factors into sub points.

Sub point one: gas
When you compare gasoline to electricity, it is clear that the electricity wins in a landslide.

"A 2007 study by the non-profit Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) calculated that powering a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) would cost the equivalent of roughly 75 cents per gallon of gasoline—a price not seen at the pump for 30 years."

(http://www.scientificamerican.com...)

Sub point two: power plants
Not only is the electric car more efficient in terms of gas, we also find that we do not have to build new power plants.

"A 2005 study by the U.S. Department of Energy's Pacific Northwest National Laboratory estimated that three-quarters of the country's current small vehicle fleet could be charged by our existing electrical grid without building new power plants."

(http://www.scientificamerican.com...)

Sub point three: repair cost
Yes its is true that the electric car is very expensive to buy; however we must also consider the efficiency of the car. These cars are built buy top car manufacturers with advanced technology meaning that they are very efficient unlikely to break down if treated with proper care. The fact that these cars have been researched and worked on for years also means that it parts are efficient and affordable. These factors contributed in the making of the perfect car (as for now).

"the good news is that over the years the repair costs have significantly come down due to manufacturers better understanding the technology, and have become much more adept to building reliable parts.

" (http://www.articleinspector.com...)

Like i mentioned in my last contention, electric cars are compactible with existing power grid. This means that we do not have to build new grids to power the cars. electric cars will not strain the power grids as they will be charged at night when power need is low. This will not force but rather encourage the advancement of the power grid.

" Electric cars can utilize the existing electric grid rather than require the development of a new, expensive energy infrastructure (as would be the case with hydrogen)."

(http://www.whokilledtheelectriccar.com...)

Are electric cars reliable?
Electric car are more reliable than gasoline car. this is because electric cars engine are simpler than that of a gasoline car reducing the need for repairs as well as increasing the performance and maintenance of these cars.

i conclusion, i have answered all questions required to prove that electric cars should be a priority in plans to fight global warming meaning that i also proved that electric cars are reliable, capable of performance and environmentally friendly.

Calvincambridge

Con

The most simple way is to go back to nature there was no global warming. If we go back to basis all the complexities of electric will be removed and we will use horses.
Yes
wierdman

Pro

My opponent's case is irrelevant to this debate. This debate is centered on electric cars been a high priority to fight global warming. My opponent present no case, organization or a even a good analysis on the topic at hand. I will wait for my opponent to post his case before i re-state my point.
Calvincambridge

Con

My case is use horses
wierdman

Pro

This is the last round so i urge you to vote for me because unlike my opponent, i presented a decent case. I will also like to state that my opponent's case is irrelevant to the debate. Thank you and i hope you vote for me.
Calvincambridge

Con

vote for me because my case is very revelant i'm saying just keep the gasoline car or eliminate cars all togother. Vote con.
Posted by wierdman 6 years ago
wierdman
i would love to but i already challenged Xboxlive. If he doesn't respond, i will make sure to send you the challenge.
Posted by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
wierdman, You can challenge me with the same topic if you like. I promise you a serious response.
Posted by wierdman 6 years ago
wierdman
i could start another if you agree that i can use the same case. @Xboxlive
Posted by Xboxlive 6 years ago
Xboxlive
This pisses me off, I was going to take this, but then some troll takes it in my place WTF?
Posted by Ore_Ele 6 years ago
Ore_Ele
okay
Posted by wierdman 6 years ago
wierdman
something given special attention.

http://dictionary.reference.com...
Posted by Ore_Ele 6 years ago
Ore_Ele
define "priority"
Posted by wierdman 6 years ago
wierdman
the contender will both answer questions as well as debate. The argument session will be to support your answer.
Posted by Tim_Spin 6 years ago
Tim_Spin
Will the contender answer questions or debate?
Vote Placed by BennyW 6 years ago
BennyW
wierdmanCalvincambridgeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro actually argued, I give con 1 point for making me laugh.
Vote Placed by Double_R 6 years ago
Double_R
wierdmanCalvincambridgeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Troll.
Vote Placed by curious18 6 years ago
curious18
wierdmanCalvincambridgeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Would have been a good debate.
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 6 years ago
Man-is-good
wierdmanCalvincambridgeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con didn't present an argument at all that was pertinent to the debate. In other words, he wasted the entire debate with his short responses, which are roughly equivalent to forfeits and concessions in my view...
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
wierdmanCalvincambridgeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made no arguments and just wasted everyone's time. He loses conduct and every other category.
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 6 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
wierdmanCalvincambridgeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious.