Electric fans are better than air cons
Debate Rounds (3)
1. Fans are the right choice for those concerned about the environment. They do not produce harmful gases and they save electricity, producing much less carbon.
2. Fans cost far less to operate than an air conditioner. They are also far less expensive to buy and maintain.
3. Fans are far more transportable than air conditioners and can be used in multiple locations in the home, office or apartment. They are also easily stored after use.
1. Fans are safer for the environment but not for humans. The main reason refrigerant gasses are let out into the atmosphere are because of car accidents. However tall people walk into fans.
3. To an extent true. Although installing an aircon can raise the value of a home. They can cool more then one room at a time & remove more heat energy in far less time.
First of all, I think that your no.1 is true but the people are not tall enough to hit the fans! Or maybe the fans are in the ceiling board with a cover instead of hanging down and spinning over people's heads.
Second, yes, air-cons are cooler and make the room cool faster. But if you consider the prices of both products, no matter what function do the fans have, the costs (including electrical payments) of air-cons must be higher than fans.
Somebody opens the air-con in winter! That's a waste. I think that if they are hot in winter. Fans are a good choice.
As I said, the fans can install a protect cover. So things get harder to get into the fan.
Hope you enjoy debating as I am.
jakabus forfeited this round.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.