Andrew820
jakabus

Electric fans are better than air cons

Andrew820

Pro

Here are my reasons.
1. Fans are the right choice for those concerned about the environment. They do not produce harmful gases and they save electricity, producing much less carbon.
2. Fans cost far less to operate than an air conditioner. They are also far less expensive to buy and maintain.
3. Fans are far more transportable than air conditioners and can be used in multiple locations in the home, office or apartment. They are also easily stored after use.
Thank you
jakabus

Con

I will concur that fans are better suited in some cases but I will state aircon's are more efficient.

1. Fans are safer for the environment but not for humans. The main reason refrigerant gasses are let out into the atmosphere are because of car accidents. However tall people walk into fans.
2. True!
3. To an extent true. Although installing an aircon can raise the value of a home. They can cool more then one room at a time & remove more heat energy in far less time.
Andrew820

Pro

Thank you for accepting my challenge.
First of all, I think that your no.1 is true but the people are not tall enough to hit the fans! Or maybe the fans are in the ceiling board with a cover instead of hanging down and spinning over people's heads.
Second, yes, air-cons are cooler and make the room cool faster. But if you consider the prices of both products, no matter what function do the fans have, the costs (including electrical payments) of air-cons must be higher than fans.
jakabus

Con

Most fan blades are exposed unless they are circulated through a vent. Many people have accidently stretched up into fans. So caution is needed while in operation. Not to mention kids throw stuff up into fans. Solar panels would make the cost cheaper, even free. Fans work via the wind speed chill factor. Not adequate in comparison. Aircon sucks more juice on starting the compressor but then consume very little energy like a fridge. I guess the big question then is if it's cheaper is it better?
Andrew820

Pro

But despite of danger, fans release no hot air into the air but air-con release a bunch of hot air. It is quick to make the room cool, but the opposite it release a lot of hot air.
Somebody opens the air-con in winter! That's a waste. I think that if they are hot in winter. Fans are a good choice.
As I said, the fans can install a protect cover. So things get harder to get into the fan.
Hope you enjoy debating as I am.
jakabus

Con

jakabus forfeited this round.