RationalMadman
InVinoVeritas

Electronic Music Battle.

RationalMadman

Pro

I am an EXTREME fan of all electronic styles of music. I am well versed in the genres and songs. However I believe that for the sake of this debate all genres should be accepted.

I want an EXPERT to accept this! I mean an EXPERT in electronic songs. If you only know the mainstream ones then don't bother, I will simply put songs you have no idea of being so good on it.

IF you are very well verse din electronic music and wish to put it on feel free to do it.

IT shall consist of a five-round battle (beginning with this one) I would appreciate if you put your FIFTH favourite song FIRST ROUND and MOST favourite song in FIFTH round. The reason I wish this is to ensure fair battling in all rounds.

All songs MUST be embedded videos, I will not accept random amazing songs by amateurs, this is unfair and will mean full forfeit (because how can I know a random friend of yours uploaded an amazing unknown song).

Thus all must be by registered artists. Although registered can merely be an internet DJ, it has to be on a PUBLIC site, not a PRIVATE PROFILE on something like soundcloud (to make fair for both of us since it means we could both have found that song).

FIRST ROUND IS NOT ACCEPTANCE!!!! IT IS YOUR FIFTH FAVOURITE ELECTRONIC SONG!

BY THE WAY POP IS NOT A GENRE OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC ACCORDING TO ME FOR THIS DEBATE!

My fifth favourite mix I have heard in my entire life:

InVinoVeritas

Con

I agree to all the rules.

Fifth favorite track. Genre: Electro/Electrohouse
RationalMadman

Pro

I am extremely happy that I have a fellow member of the electronic fandom in my midst! Your fifth favourite song is in my favourite style too (electrohouse)!! Good to know! I hope you and I can really battle this out.

Well my first round's style was psytrance (in case you wished me to state it)

This round's style is hardstyle.

I just want to say that I love hardstyle so much. It is so uplifting and energetic. But I love psytrance because it's relaxing. In case you thought I was faking liking one since it's so different to other style. I love all electronic style... Although dubstep holds my least favourite place... Not to offend anyone.

Hope you enjoy this round's song.
InVinoVeritas

Con

Response: Hardstyle is one of my favorite electronic genres, and I am extremely familiar with it. Also, Coone is an awesome artist; if you're interested, look up "Starf***ers" (by Coone) and "Crank" (by Coone, with D-Block and S-te-fan.) Those are some good related tracks.

---

Anyway, my fourth favorite track's genre is Aggrotech (a derivative form of electro-industrial.) Enjoy!
RationalMadman

Pro

Wow. Not only is this a genre i never knew existed, but the song is unusual... almsot metal combined with hardstyle and electro. three way blends impress me alot.

I am not keen on the starf**kers song but the crank one is nice for me (I find the rap annoying on star f**kers, nothign against rap, just somethign against the same rap verse played a hundred times over).

The song of this round for me is a very wishy-washy genre in the world of electronic music. It has the melody of electrohouse, the voice of dream trance and the beat of techno. Some call it hands-up techno but in the end it's simply a fusion of techno, house and electrohouse... I would call it house-techno... Anyway I hope you enjoy.

It is a remix of a song originally by darren styles, but it's FAR better than the original in my opinion.

InVinoVeritas

Con

Uplifting, fast-paced trance track. Good stuff. Nothing unorthodox, though. It was fair, in my opinion.

My third favorite track's genre is Gabber. It's pretty unusual, but I hope you derive some sort of enjoyment from it. Haha.
RationalMadman

Pro

LOL! ROFLMAO! HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA OMG!!!!!!!!! xD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even know what to say... you are entitled to your opinion about mine, I love it but you can think as you like. It wasn't a trance piece, the beat was too strong for trance. By the way I would identify the genre of that as 'jumpstyle techno' not sure if that makes sense.

Just for sake of fairness I want to let people know they should vote on song preference alone, not on the comedic quality of it... I just don't think that's a fair method of deducing winner?

Now to show you my second favourite song of all time... This is one of the songs that made me 'fall in love' with electronic music, prior to this standard of electronic music I used to think of it as 'cheap' or 'not real music' but something about this music made me really like it. It's just so nice, evokes the right emotions.

InVinoVeritas

Con

I don't really like the R&B/Pop sound of your track. I like some of the beats, though, throughout.

My next track's genre is EBM. [1] It is a combination of electronic dance and industrial music. (It's a remix by Grendel, a band which has appeared earlier in this debate.)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...
RationalMadman

Pro

Just have to say one thing...

This song is my most favourite thing of all time....

I want to be free. Free like the sun.

;
InVinoVeritas

Con

The best electronic track ever:

"James Brown is Dead" by LA Style (1991)
Posted by RationalMadman 4 years ago
RationalMadman
it's funny how no one has voted though... Usually people readily vote against me these days...
Posted by InVinoVeritas 4 years ago
InVinoVeritas
We'll probably need it. :)
Posted by RationalMadman 4 years ago
RationalMadman
Oh my gosh... I swear I had no idea I set this length of voting -.-
Posted by InVinoVeritas 4 years ago
InVinoVeritas
He wasn't dead at the time that the song was made.
Posted by RationalMadman 4 years ago
RationalMadman
i don't understand the last song... it's like they are celebrating a death...
Posted by ishallannoyyo 4 years ago
ishallannoyyo
Most favorite? LOL, nice song though :)