Kellison
8803

Elliot Stabler makes SVU better

Kellison

Pro

Elliot Stabler has always been on SVU and makes the show almost all it is. he is good looking and really portrays the detective that every single girl would want on their rape case if god forbid they were raped. Elliot Stabler really fights for each person as if they were his own child.
8803

Con

I think that Detective Olivia "Liv" Benson is who made svu what it is today. I sat that cause she is the cast member who connects with the audience and the victims. Unlike Elliot who only chases the guys and nothing else. Liv is the person who goes and chases the bad guy even when she is disabled. She is the one without her there would be no svu. It would be sv instead.
Kellison

Pro

I agree that Liv helps to make SVU a little better show to watch, but not anywhere close to as much as Stabler does. She does not add the emotion to the level that Stabler does. She and him make an amazing team. There are times she is not on the show and Elliot makes the entire show worth while with out Liv. Where as Olivia only adds a minimal amount to SVU. This is why the new seasons are not worth watching because Elliot is not in them.
8803

Con

i know shes way better
Kellison

Pro

she is not way better I said she adds minimal viewing pleasure. She does not amount to anything near Elliot. Stabler compassion for the job makes him so wonderful. The way he picture each case as one of his own children shows the audience the amount of care he puts into his job each day.
8803

Con

u can keep on dreemin cause liv is d best ever
Kellison

Pro

Kellison forfeited this round.
Kellison

Pro

Kellison forfeited this round.
8803

Con

thanks vote neg
Posted by RoyLatham 5 years ago
RoyLatham
I thought actor Chris Meloni (Elliot Stabler) improved a lot over the years. His character is over-the-top, a caricature, and hard to sell as realistic. I thought Meloni rose to the challenge. The whole series is a hard sell. Plots often end with the chain saw killer turning out to be a nine year old girl who is really clever for her age -- or something like that. Nonetheless, a talented cast often brings it off.
Posted by Danielle 5 years ago
Danielle
Agree with Maikuru and Pro :) I miss Elliot. Alex Cabot is my favorite though ;)
Posted by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
I agree with you, Pro. Stabler made that show. It seemed like his rage and frustration was building to an inevitable finale where he goes off and has to decide between becoming a monster himself or leaving the force.
Posted by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
really pointless debate
Vote Placed by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
Kellison8803Tied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeits go to con, grammar to the pro, neither side was convincing