alex0828
van114

Eminem is a better song writer than Lil Wayne

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

alex0828

Pro

This round is for acceptance, I will be arguing that Eminem is more skilled with lyrics and poetry than Lil Wayne.
van114

Con

Here's why Lil wayne is better than Eminem.

First category is flow.

Lil Wayne completely and utterly DEMOLISHES Eninen in this category.

For some reason, people say Eminem has a "sick flow". I don't know why. Maybe one of you could explain it to me.

To me, a rapper that has a good flow can rap fast, slow, or anything in between and his lyrics "flow" together nicely and it's easy to understand his words. Eminem's lyrics flow together horribly and he's sometimes very hard to understand (Ever heard "Can't Believe it"?), and he sounds awful no matter what speed he raps at.

Listen to this song:

It's called Biterphobia.
He's rapping much slower on it, but it still has a nice flow, and he sounds good. Often times when Wayne tries to rap that slow he sounds terrible.

No go listen to Cleaning Out My Closet.
He's rapping VERY fast on it, yet his lyrics flow together beautifully and you can still understand what he's saying
Next category is lyrics.

Wanye murders Eminem even more here.

First of all, Eminem has preschool level lyrics that take no time at all to understand.

"I don't owe you like two vowels".

ALL you have to know to figure this one out is the alphabet.
alex0828

Pro

I appreciate my opponent's argument, but sadly there are some major issues.
1. I stated that round 1 was for acceptance, which means it was not for Con's argument.
2. I frankly had trouble understanding Con's Argument. Con, I believe you mixed up "Biterphobia" and "Cleanin Out My Closet." The latter was the slow one whereas the first one was the fast song.
3. I am not sure whether Con is insulting or glorifying Eminem. Con, you complimented both of Eminem's songs, but then you go on to say that he isn't good.
4. This is about song writing, not lyrical flow in the song. I understand the similarities but writing the lyrics is different from planning the speed of the lyrics.
5. The preschool lyrics argument, I have no idea what Con is talking about. Con, could you please verify that quote with a source. Without a source, for all I know, Eminem could have said that as a joke.

Now for my argument

Enimem's lyrics are more meaningful.

mean�ing�ful/ˈmēniNGfəl/Adjective
1. Having meaning.
2. Having a serious, important, or useful quality or purpose

Eminem raps about his life and experiences wheres Lil Wayne has less meaningful lyrics, here are a few comparisons.

"A million here a million there i'm a young money millionare tougher than Nigerian hair" - Wayne
"It hurts but i'll never show this pain you'll never know if only you could see just how lonely and how cold." -Eminem

Here is an excerpt from "Cleanin Out My Closet," where Eminem delves into his own soul and talks about things that he's kept buried.

"I got some skeletons in my closet and I don't know if no one knows it, so before they thrown me
inside my coffin and close it, i'ma expose it, i'll take you back to '73, before I ever had a
multi-platinum sellin' Cd, I was a baby, maybe I was just a couple of months, my father
must have had his pantie's up in a bunch, cause he split, I wonder if he even kissed me goodbye."

Due to restrictions this ends my argument, Thank You.
van114

Con

Let me tell you why wayne is better:

Regarding flow, eminem sounds the exact same in each song (trying to rap fast like twista)
He tries to sing in a lot of his songs
Half of his stuff does not rhyme
He is always talking about his daughter
He raps on and off all of the time (some yrs he raps, some not)
Lil wayne is always proving himself in his mixtapes
It's 2011 and its all about metaphors, which lil wayne is best at
Lil wayne has a team behind him, eminem just has 50 cent, lloyd banks, and dr dre
Lil wayne gets better every song of the way
Lil wayne has had 100 times more feature requests than eminem

Should I go on… I don't think so...
Posted by RandomName 5 years ago
RandomName
They are both just terrible.
Posted by alex0828 5 years ago
alex0828
Inferno, vote on my Justin Bieber debate
Posted by inferno 5 years ago
inferno
Lil Wayne is nothing compared to Eminem. Anyone who thinks so needs therapy because they dont know squat about hip hop.
Posted by Double_R 5 years ago
Double_R
Not sure how anyone can even compare lil Wayne to Eminem.
Posted by RougeFox 5 years ago
RougeFox
Those who say rappers are stupid obviously haven't listened to any underground rap
Posted by alex0828 5 years ago
alex0828
Btw I couldn't fit my sources.
http://www.azlyrics.com...
Posted by alex0828 5 years ago
alex0828
Lol I explained that this round was for acceptance... ughhhh Con read the guidelines man,
Posted by alex0828 5 years ago
alex0828
Do you guys even get the point of this debate? Its sort of a trap in a way now that I think of it
Posted by ryan_thomas 5 years ago
ryan_thomas
The true geniuses are DISTURBED, Bullet for my Valentine, Five Finger Death Punch, Asking Alexandria, Black Veil Brides, etc. Rappers and rap are pathetic idiots.
Posted by Cobo 5 years ago
Cobo
Fact: Lil Wayne does not write his own lyrics.
Vote Placed by Double_R 5 years ago
Double_R
alex0828van114Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con didn't seem like he was paying attention in this debate. He disregards Pros acceptance rules (costing him conduct), and almost all of his arguments had nothing to do with the resolution. Also while this is a highly subjective topic Pro did a much better job at giving an objective argument while Con simply gave his opinions.
Vote Placed by 000ike 5 years ago
000ike
alex0828van114Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con broke the rules of acceptance, he did not argue, rather just placed a series of baseless and unproved assertions without source or sound self evidence. Grammatical errors were prevalent, and Con essentially ignored pros arguments. Pro did not make any particularly compelling argument, nor did he provide sources to his argument, but the severity in degree of pros fallacies were lesser than cons.
Vote Placed by larztheloser 5 years ago
larztheloser
alex0828van114Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct is for breaking rules. Con presented a fair case, but it was rebutted well by pro. Pro made his own argument, and it wasn't rebutted by con. Con provided extra arguments that pro couldn't respond to as they were too late. With some strong rebuttal, maybe con could have nailed this. Clear aff win.
Vote Placed by Cobo 5 years ago
Cobo
alex0828van114Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This is not a votebomb. I don't have time to write all of the errors with con's side