MC_UOOPS
Emrakul

Eminem is the best musician of all time

Started: 3/21/2016 Category: Music

MC_UOOPS

Pro

I have listened to many musicians and musical genres over the years and I believe that Eminem is the greatest rapper and musician overall. I would like my opponent to argue that another musician is better. I would rather not argue against a musician of classical music because it is very difficult to compare. Good luck challenger.
Emrakul

Con

Personally I think Eminem isn't even the best rapper. There are a multitude of better rappers, and musicians. All in all, you can't really prove either side, as it's entirely opinion based. There are some who believe this, others, like myself, who thinks he's pretty bad. There can't be a "best musician of all time" as everyone has their own idea of the best musician of all time.
MC_UOOPS

Pro

I agree that the sound of music is subjective and some people like different genres and artists over others. But i also believe that looking at lyrics, something concrete, is a good way to compare the skill of musicians outside of the instrumental genres.
Emrakul

Con

But on what grounds are they compared? Again, it's too opinionated. Sure I think that some artists are much better lyrically than others. But some might like the whole three words per song type of song and might find that more skilled than actual thought out lyrics. But disregard those people as I'm sure most would agree that three words per song doesn't take much skill. How do you compare lyrics, how do you chose which one is better? If we put Eminem up against Dave Grohl, on what grounds would make one better than the other?
MC_UOOPS

Pro

MC_UOOPS forfeited this round.
Emrakul

Con

Emrakul forfeited this round.
MC_UOOPS

Pro

MC_UOOPS forfeited this round.
Emrakul

Con

Emrakul forfeited this round.
Posted by jglass841 1 year ago
jglass841
21 pilots. I like Eminem, but there are some better musicians, and it is all an opinion anyways. You cannot actually argue either position.
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Welcome to the site, and good luck.
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Welcome to the site, and good luck.