HoneyBadger
Debater1417

Eminem is the best rapper to ever live

Started: 10/16/2013 Category: Music

HoneyBadger

Pro

Before I go into my position, I wanna take a moment to thank whoever my opponent may be.

Marshall Bruce Mathers III was born to Deborah Mathers and Marshall Mathers II on October 17, 1973. At age 9, he heard his first rap song. At 14, he started rapping himself. In 1996, he released Infinite, which bombed, and he received a lot of flack for rapping as a white guy. In 1997, he released The Slim Shady EP (not the LP, the EP), which he introduced the famed Slim Shady. Dr. Dre noticed him, and together, they released The Slim Shady LP. This turned Eminem from an underground act to a celebrity overnight. Fast forward 14 years, several albums, 2 divorces, and 13 Grammys, Eminem is considered by many to be the greatest rapper in the game, me included. If you disagree, let me know.
HoneyBadger
Debater1417

Con

What the Pro is saying is that if Dr. Dre had not found Marshall B. Mathers lll, he would not have become famous until much later if at all. Also the Pro is basing the debate off of personal opinion. Therefore I'd like that the Pro give actual proof instead of the Pro's personal opinion. I cannot debate further without such information.
HoneyBadger

Pro

If con wishes for actual facts, I will provide some. From 1996 to the present, Em has sold at LEAST 89 million albums. This makes him the best selling rap artist ever, and one of the best selling artists ever. The Slim Shady LP was one of the best selling albums of the 20th century. That says something.
Debater1417

Con

As of 5 days ago, Marshall B. Mathers lll had only sold 35 million units. The Beatles have actually sold 177 million units. That says something. Sure, Marshall may be a good artist, but he probably isn't the best rapper ever.
HoneyBadger

Pro

I would like to know what source my opponent got his info from.
Debater1417

Con

http://riaa.com...
But the Pro itself did not provide a source... Also if you search "best selling music artists" this site will be the fourth on the Google search. So yes, still no proof that Marshall B. Matters lll is the best rapper to ever live.
Posted by BarbieSoFetch 1 year ago
BarbieSoFetch
You must be delusional. Eminem? Best rapper ever to live? That's how I know you are an ignorant 10 year old novice. The fact that you think a rapper who has no skill and is infamous for constantly screaming in the mic. Tupac is the best rapper ever. Kendrick Lamar is the best rapper currently.
Posted by coconick240 3 years ago
coconick240
Kendrick Lamar has better rhyme scheme. he doesn't make words go together he raps words that already go together and does it perfectly.
Posted by The-DATA-plan 3 years ago
The-DATA-plan
that's the most brutal debate I've read so far...