Eminem vs Lil Wayne

word on the streeet is Eminem is not better then Lil Wayne but i can prove u wrong see lil wayne alway say the N word but Eminem hasent used the word in his life.Yes he talk bout his mom alot its she lied to him about hi his dad she said that he dad dose more drugs then she dose thats a load of she depened on some man she meet at bingo she even had sex with him for money thats all i got say bout eminem mom

The buren of proof will primarily be on Pro to prove that Eminem is a better rapper than Lil Wayne. Con's burden will be to deconstruct Pro's case. Eminem and Lil Wayne are obviously prominent American rap artists.

Deconstruction of the Pro case (That Eminem doesn't use the N-word)

This point is pretty self-explanatory. Pro argues that Eminem doesn't use the N-word (nigger) and is thus a better rapper than Lil Wayne who does use the N-word in his music. There are two major problems with this point. The first having to do with Eminem's use of other arguably more profane terminology in his music and the other having to do with Pro's standard as a whole applied to other rap artists.

-Pro believes that not using a certain profane word counts in Eminem's favor. If this is supposed to mean that he is a "cleaner" rapper than Wayne (and even so it doesn't become clear that that makes him a better rapper), then the point clearly falls flat. Consider the following lyrics from the song Fack:

Okay, I'm done, I already came twice
You ain't gonna make me cum

I'm all outta gas, not so fast

Uh, your finger just went in my *ss
Ow, that hurts, take it out now
Oh, wait a minute ow, put it back in, in, in, in

This don't mean I'm gay, I don't like men

I like boobs, boobs, boobs
Now see that gerbil, grab that tube

Shove it up my butt
Let that little rascal nibble on my *sshole

Uh, yeah, right there, right there, ah,
I'm comin' ah yeah[1]

Clearly just because Eminem fails to use a single profane word doesn't mean he's somehow a clean or proper rapper. And if this song doesn't prove my point I refer my opponent to such songs as 3am (where Eminem raps as a psychopathic serial killer) or Guilty Consciene (in which Eminem advises various people to do abhorrent things).

-My second point will draw on the perhaps unintended consequences of Pro's standard of critique of rap artists. For instance, Pro's standard would hold a rapper who doesn't us the N-word to be better than one who does. So we should expect the best rappers to be ones who don't use the N-word correct? No. Artists ranging from Tupac to Nororious to Mos Def to Scarface to Ice Cube all make (or made) extensive use of the N-word in their music. But obviously Pro wouldn't argue that Eminem is better then all these artists just for his not using a single word. Therefore the N-word standard is flawed.

The rest of Pro's case is too confusing to understand much less refute. So with Pro's case refuted I'll turn it over back to him for his defense.

RICCASHA forfeited this round.

Extend refutation.

RICCASHA forfeited this round.

Extend refutation. Vote Con.
Posted by socialpinko 4 years ago
Sssshhh don't let him know how obvious it is that he's right!
Posted by GeoLaureate8 4 years ago
Wow, Pro had the easiest side of the resolution to prove and he failed.
Vote Placed by Xerge 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit