bluebunny84ppg
lexi_the_thinker

Emoji are Taking Over the World

Started: 2/17/2016 Category: Technology

bluebunny84ppg

Pro

First round is acceptance, second is arguments, and third is refuting.
I may not be on at all times, but let's see how this goes!
lexi_the_thinker

Con

Emojis are emoticons that express feelings of joy, happiness, sadness, depression, etc.. I do not believe with the statement that 'Emojis Are Taking Over The World." Emojis aren't harmful to anyone. Unless you're that type of person that gets itchy about anything, discernibly, this website isn't for your mindset. If you're 16 and below, emojis are acceptable by you. Society approves of your use of emojis. I don't see why people who are 18+ are looked down upon for using the uncontrollable laughter emoji. Many people don't posses creativity with words and your language. So let's say for a particular instance that "Sarah" was texting her friend "Karen" about how the professor in Spanish 101 was talking. Sarah thought it was funny. So she texts Karen, "Haha." "Haha" is an ambiguous statement. People could interpret it as saying, "Oh she's being sarcastic." or "She doesn't think it's really funny." So let's say using the specified example characters previously, Sarah texts, "Haha. (uncontrollable laughter emoji.)" People will automatically know that she's laughing and that she thinks that the topic is something that is hilarious. Emojis are emoticons that add onto/express even more in detail to what you're talking about. For someone to say that there are too many emojis and that they're supposedly "taking over the world." Really it does illustrate your maturity ranking. That's like saying there is a rapidly producing number of cats and that you must execute all the cats that are known to Earth's surface. Emojis were created for a specific purpose and they are being used to fulfill that particular purpose.
bluebunny84ppg

Pro

My opponent started off by saying that society does not look down on those who use emoji. Yes, it is fine for people to use them, but it really gets out of hand when others are using them for EVERY. SINGLE. LITTLE. THING. Some of these emoji-ers (which I define as the term for those who use emoji excessively) have to add ten or twenty emoji to every sentence.
Which brings me to my first point: Emoji are everywhere. They are in songs, in TV, in almost every chat system imaginable... Face it. They're everywhere. People can't stop using them. My second point is that people can stop, but they won't. It's fine to use some, but, seriously, some people go overboard. People can write whole songs in emoji!
lexi_the_thinker

Con

My opponent stated, "People can write whole songs in emojis." Not only is that an excessive hyperbole but it is just not possible to write a whole grammatically correct song in emojis. Now, referring back to the early dates of the Internet, back in the early 2000s. Let's pick the specific year 2007. 2007 was the year where AOL was very popular and well-known among those who used the Internet. Though AOL was initially released in 1997, the early 2000s were the years where AOL got its jumpstart. AOL was an instant messaging system that had the ability to connect you with almost anyone internationally, nationally, and locally. Now, AOL may seem a bit irrelevant considering this topic is based solely on emojis, but the earliest form of emojis was the basic and simple, " :D, xD, :(, :), etc.." Not many children born in the 2000s remember this "Golden Era of the Internet." But I do, simply because I was born in the early 2000s. Back to my initial statement, those "early-emojis" are still used on many games. Now, let's think for a second, when people used the early form of emojis excessively, no one would think twice to censure them, but now why is it such a big deal? My opponent stating, "Emojis are Taking Over the World," as a statement only really shows how mature they are. Emojis can be used or not used. Emojis are funny emoticons, if you don't like them, just simply install them off your mobile device. As simple as "1-2-3.'
bluebunny84ppg

Pro

Actually, here: http://www.fastcodesign.com... , they have devised a way to make the emoticon song work.
And AOL users are sometimes shunned as well. On certain websites, such as Deviantart, they turn AOL into emoji, which really irritates me once somebody puts a text block of the same smiley face over and over again.
Sorry for tininess, but no time.
lexi_the_thinker

Con

No, I have never witnessed or saw any AOL users being censured for using an emoji. Or am I the only one? I forgive you for how tiny your arguements are because I have to deal with the same simply because I have other things to do. And I don't entirely get how an emoticon song would be any less annoying than using the actual emoticons.
Posted by Gremlynn101 1 year ago
Gremlynn101
go Lexi u emoji king
Posted by Gremlynn101 1 year ago
Gremlynn101
whoa whoa whoa!!! emojis are only taking over because people excessively use them to show feeling they wish to not just come out and say