the.advocate
valcarcelm

Employers should be able to discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, culture, place of origin.

valcarcelm

the.advocate

Pro

Hello fellow debaters.
I will begin by stating my position with regard to this matter.
Notwithstanding an employer's tremendous bargaining power while selecting a potential employee, I believe that an employer should have the ability to discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, culture and place of origin before, during and after employment.
valcarcelm

Con

I dont agree with your position. As you stated employers have tremendous bargaining power when selecting a potential employ. however i don't agree that an employer should choose their potential employee by discriminating them of race, ethnicity, culture or place of origin. Many people of all races work too hard to go to school get a degree and gain experience to land a job they want. For an employer to just discriminate them for their background is ignoring the education and experience they have had.
For example, a white man who attended a state university and a native american who attended an elite university with the same degree are being interviewed for the same job. Its not fair to choose the white man over the native american when the native american clearly earned his degree in one of the most competitive universities.
I think employers should discriminate on where the employee attended school and their background EXPERIENCE such as clubs, internships, high stands such as president or vice president.
People work and pay to hard to be discriminated at a job by something they can't control.
the.advocate

Pro

the.advocate forfeited this round.
valcarcelm

Con

valcarcelm forfeited this round.
the.advocate

Pro

the.advocate forfeited this round.
valcarcelm

Con

valcarcelm forfeited this round.
the.advocate

Pro

the.advocate forfeited this round.
valcarcelm

Con

valcarcelm forfeited this round.
the.advocate

Pro

the.advocate forfeited this round.
valcarcelm

Con

valcarcelm forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
the.advocatevalcarcelmTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was the only one to provide a case. A bad case, maybe, but a case none-the-less. So I give her conduct for providing something for me to read and not forfeiting all the argument rounds. I don't give her arguments because, frankly, the case wasn't good.