LifeMeansGodIsGood
doomswatter

End Times Prophecies in the Bible Will Come To Pass

doomswatter

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

End times prophecies such as the Battle of Armageddon, the invaions of Israel by Russia, a world dicttator, the mark of the beast in the right hand or forehead for all buying or selling transactions, .......all of these things will come to pass. Any future prophecy of the Bible is subject for this debate. My opponent is free to use any future prophecy and try to discredit it, and I will show how things are steadily progressing toward fulfillment of the prophecies of the Bible.
doomswatter

Con

Thanks, Pro. I look forward to an interesting, if brief, debate. I'll jump right in.

Pro's resolution is: "End times prophecies in the Bible will come to pass." This is an assertive statement of alleged fact, and is not describing common knowledge, therefore the burden of proof lies with Pro. Pro must attempt to provide sufficient evidence to uphold his resolution, and I must attempt to show that Pro's evidence is lacking and that he has failed in upholding the resolution. I do not have to prove that prophecies won't be fulfilled. To negate the resolution, all I must do is show that Pro has not sufficiently proven that prophecies will definitely be fulfilled.

Pro is making an assertion about future events. He is stating that something, namely prophecy, will happen in the future. This is not a statement of belief or opinion, but of truth and fact. Pro claims that he knows for a fact that something will happen in the future, and apparently believes that he can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

I await Pro's evidence.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Why don't you just wait around and see, ok? Do you really think Russia will not attack Israel? Do you really think the Battle of Armageddon will not happen? Do you really think China will not send a 200 million man army into battle to fight over Israel? Do you really think a one world dictator is not coming?

If all you want to do is say I can't prove the future, and you don't want to discuss these events as foretold in the Bible, I don't care to play games with you making all kinds of crazy rules to avoid discussion.
doomswatter

Con

So far, Pro has not attempted to offer evidence, but has only questioned whether I believe certain prophecies will be fulfilled. My beliefs are irrelevant to this debate. I could say that, in my opinion, none of the events Pro has listed will ever happen, and my unsupported opinion would be as strong an argument as any Pro has offered thus far.

This debate is not about probability. If my opponent wanted to discuss probabilities, his resolution should have been something like, "On balance, it is likely that Biblical prophecies will be fulfilled." However, Pro's resolution emphatically states that Biblical prophecies "will come to pass." Bold resolutions require bold arguments. If Pro can not provide evidence to support his statement, he should not have made it. My opponent should learn to structure more appropriate resolutions, rather than accusing me of avoiding discussion.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Silly me, I thought somebody would honorably take this debate and actually discuss end times prophecies instead of totally avoid discussion and claim victory over a semantic technicallity. Never again, Doomswatter.
doomswatter

Con

Silly me, I thought that someone who believes humility and meekness are godly virtues would humbly learn from a mistake like this and use it to craft better debates in the future. Everyone makes mistakes. It's your reaction to those mistakes that really defines you.

Pro started with a resolution that is impossible to defend, and then expected me to ignore the resolution and argue something different. If Pro wishes to debate with anyone of even average skill, he should learn from his losses rather than hiding from opponents who pose a real challenge. Pro's behavior shows a disregard for basic debate decorum and technique.

At this point, Pro has all but conceded. I will await arguments or concession, should my opponent deign to give either.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

doomswatter

Con

Rather than conceding honorably, Pro has opted to take the route of belligerance. Thank you, voters, for your time.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 2 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Binding Contract:

I, God, do hereby swear by the blood of my Son, Jesus, to overlook all of your violations of my Holy Law and grant you full pardon and entrance into eternal life by the resurrection of my Son from the dead if you will agree to the following terms:

1) You must acknowledge that you are the one who deserved to die and my Son did not deserve to die.

2) You must believe that I love you so much that I died in your place in the form of Jesus Christ my Son, and you must believe that I raised Him from the dead and can do the same for you.

3) You must ask me to accept you on these terms, asking for my mercy to forgive you and believe that I am willing to forgive you. You must receive my Son, Jesus, as your Saviour by asking me in His name to save you.

This contract is written by me in the blood of my Son whom I gave to be the satisfaction for payment for your sins against me. If you honestly agree to the terms above, and will receive my Son as your Saviour,
sign here..........................<-----your name here. It's not too good to be true, I always honor my Word, and I have committed all Judgement into the hands of My Son, Jesus, who paid the price to secure this contract for you. Did you sign it? Will you sign it?

God
.........................<---------you sign here to enter into agreement with God and receive His guarantee of pardon and eternal life
in Jesus Christ.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
...if you say there is no God who created all things, life's value certainly is questionable. God values life and especially His creatures which he endowed with free will, reasoning, and creative powers like His because He is good and He enjoys Himself and He enjoys all of His creatures who do what He designed them to do, to enjoy the freedom He gave them honorably, and to give their Creator all of the honor and glory for the life He gave them.

Why should a man complain about the punishment for his sins? God does not willingly afflict or grieve people. He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked. All who are turned against Him will be turned into the fire of Hell. God is not willing that any shoudl perish, but that all should come to repentance. Repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

Life Means God is Good!!!!! That is why it's value is unquestionable!!! For crying out loud, repent and believe on the LORD JESUS CHRIST and you will be saved from the fire of Hell!! God Himself (Jesus Christ) died in your place to pay for your crimes against Him and rose from the dead so He is just to punish your violations of His holy law with the fire of Hell if you reject His payment for your sins and you refuse His offer of pardon through the blood he paid with for you......God's gift offer is eternal life, salvation from the fire of Hell which we all deserve! Recieve the LORD JESUS CHRIST as your Saviour through faith and you will be a child of God and heaven.

Let me know if I can help you pray about this.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
You've heard of shaking the dust off of your feet and moving on, right? That's what I'm doing.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Im not even reading any of your stuff any more. If you want to talk, send me a message but don't bother discussing this debate or your "lessons" for me.
Posted by doomswatter 2 years ago
doomswatter
So you didn't want the debate to be about "End Times Prophecies in the Bible Will Come To Pass"? Because that's the premise on which I accepted the debate.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
I learned, yep. thank you. You sure taught me. You won't be teaching me again.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
I think it was clear enough what I wanted this debate to be. You chose rather to play rules and technicalities and not have the discussion I was looking for. You won't get another chance to waste my time this way.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
I wanted a discussion of future scenarios for mankind and the planet Earth. You are blocked from taking any future debates. I hope you are proud of winning this one. Congratulations.
Posted by doomswatter 2 years ago
doomswatter
Blocking someone for pointing out flaws in your debate is a poor way to react. Why not learn from your mistakes and improve your debates?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
if you are not going to discuss the prophecies, this will be the last challenge I allow you to accept
Vote Placed by Siladheil 2 years ago
Siladheil
LifeMeansGodIsGooddoomswatterTied
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
LifeMeansGodIsGooddoomswatterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Unfulfilled and unfulfillable BOP. Pro, stop the arrogance.
Vote Placed by Codedlogic 2 years ago
Codedlogic
LifeMeansGodIsGooddoomswatterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro should have at least attempted some sort of debate or concession and at least wouldn't have lost conduct points. Pros Ad Hominem attacks on Con is absolutely uncalled for. Pro defined the debate and then failed to make a single defense for their proposition. I'm half tempted (but wont) give reliable sources points to Con just because of Pros juvenile, dishonest, and disrespectful behavior.
Vote Placed by t-man 2 years ago
t-man
LifeMeansGodIsGooddoomswatterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Essentially a FF.
Vote Placed by Saska 2 years ago
Saska
LifeMeansGodIsGooddoomswatterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con refuted Pro's initial assertion as much as is needed. Pro provides no evidence that anything he claims will come to pass. Pro's grammar in the first round is terrible, with poor spelling and improper use of various punctuation. Pro's conduct was awful, given that once he realized that he actually had to provide evidence to win the debate, he resorted to copy and pasting a personal attack on Con. No sources used, so no points to either.
Vote Placed by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
LifeMeansGodIsGooddoomswatterTied
Reasons for voting decision: ...... Self-Explanatory.
Vote Placed by Romanii 2 years ago
Romanii
LifeMeansGodIsGooddoomswatterTied
Reasons for voting decision: BOP was on Pro, and Pro barely even attempted to fulfill it, instead resorting to personal attacks and basically conceding.