LifeMeansGodIsGood
tahir.imanov

End times prophecies of the Bible VS Any other scenario of future events

tahir.imanov

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

My Opponent must speculate about a future for the world that will differ from the future as foretold in the Bible. My opponent cannot say "you can't prove the future, so I win the debate". This is to be a discussion of differing views of the future of mankind and the planet Earth.

The Muslim view of the future is very different from the Biblical prophecies of the future. The atheistic vision of the future of course is different from the Biblical view of the future. There are many differing concepts of what the future of mankind and the planet Earth will be. My opponent must portray one or more of them as the likely future scenario which differs from the Bible's predictions for the future.

This debate is about the long term future, not only about the next ten minutes or the next ten days or the next ten years.

You must give a sample in the comments of your ideas of the future before I will allow you to accept this challenge.
tahir.imanov

Con

I accept........
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

so what do you think the future will hold different from what the Bible says? The Bible says the whole world will come up against Israel to battle and they will be defeated by God. It also says Russia will invade Israel, a one world dictator will rise to power, and a time of peace followed by terrible wars and tribulations......the great tribulation which will destroy much of the earth's population........do you picture a different scenario for the future?
tahir.imanov

Con

I am amused with your argument. However let's continue. The very first rule about prophecy is prophecy doesn't and shouldn't need any interpretation and prophecy must be explicit. Because anyone can make any statement and other person can interpret it to mean anything. (And I would like you to cite the soures.)

How should prophecy be? Like it - "The Hour (of Resurrection) will not occur..... until the land of the Arabs returns to being pastures and rivers," [Sahih Muslim] or "The Hour (of Resurrection) will not occur until the Arabian Peninsula returns, as it used to be, paradises and rivers," [Musnad Ahmed]. It is a prophecy, and it is explicit, and empirical (means when time comes we will observe it).

In Islam signs of end times divided into two categories, Minor Signs, and Major Signs. The most of minor signs aready happened, but none of major signs happened.

Example : "Surely, Constantinople (Istanbul) will be conquered (by my community); how blessed the commander who will conquer it, and how blessed his army." I don't need to prove that this prophecy came to pass.

Here is the list of Minor signs :
1. The barefooted bedouins (Arabs) competing in building tall buildings.
2. Increase of usery/interest so that no one will able to escape being tainted by it.
3. The enemies of the Muslims dividing the Muslim's wealth and lands between them
4. The increase of sexual promiscuity, and new diseases that people had not herd of before spreading amongst them as a consequence of that.
5. Nakedness of women while still being dressed and people copulating like donkeys in public.
6. Shouting in the mosques and lack of unity.

There are many more, you can read them in hadith books.

But how world will end, only God knows, any other claim is just non-sense (but we can make an observational study to predict the future of universe, which are valid studies).

112 characters remaining.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

God always has and always will protect Israel. While He does allow them to be chastised as in the Bablylonian captivity and the following dispersion throughout the centuries, He promised to bring them back to their own land from all corners of the earth. Now the world is lining up to fight over Israel, with Russis and China using the Muslim nations as pawns and team players in preparation for their attacks on Israel. The USA is not identifiable in Bible prophecy, in fact, the Bible clearly states ALL nations of the world will fight against Israel, so in that future scenario, the USA must be gone or fallen(maybe sold out) to a foreign power. The Bible says the Kings of the East will send a 200 million man army to attack Israel, and China today boasts of being ready to field an army of that exact number. The Bible also says the kings of the North will come down to attack Israel. Moscow is due north of Israel, and ancient tribal names for Russia are given in the Bible in reference to the kings of the North. There is much more, but you can rest assured that the Bible is true, Jesus Christ will return to rule the world from Mt. Zion, and Islam will be gone forever one day. The Muslims prophecies sound pretty if they can just kill all the Jews and Christians to make it happen......but God is not going to allow that. Sorry.
tahir.imanov

Con

Your argument is interpretive, Bible doesn't say that, and there are many people who will argue contrary interpretations. If prophecy needs an interpretation then it is not a prophecy.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 3 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Binding Contract:

I, God, do hereby swear by the blood of my Son, Jesus, to overlook all of your violations of my Holy Law and grant you full pardon and entrance into eternal life by the resurrection of my Son from the dead if you will agree to the following terms:

1) You must acknowledge that you are the one who deserved to die and my Son did not deserve to die.

2) You must believe that I love you so much that I died in your place in the form of Jesus Christ my Son, and you must believe that I raised Him from the dead and can do the same for you.

3) You must ask me to accept you on these terms, asking for my mercy to forgive you and believe that I am willing to forgive you. You must receive my Son, Jesus, as your Saviour by asking me in His name to save you.

This contract is written by me in the blood of my Son whom I gave to be the satisfaction for payment for your sins against me. If you honestly agree to the terms above, and will receive my Son as your Saviour,
sign here..........................<-----your name here. It's not too good to be true, I always honor my Word, and I have committed all Judgement into the hands of My Son, Jesus, who paid the price to secure this contract for you. Did you sign it? Will you sign it?

God
.........................<---------you sign here to enter into agreement with God and receive His guarantee of pardon and eternal life
in Jesus Christ.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
The argument was just too dumb for me to much care about qouting the chapter and verse references from the Bible. If you can't see things in the world shaping up directly in line with what the Bible said 2000 years ago would happen in the end times leading up to the Battle of Armageddon, I doubt that the chapter and verse references would make any difference to you.

if you want, I can pull up the chapter and verse references from the Bible for every statement I made about end times prophecy of the Bible and how it is more and more lining up in the world today to happan exactly as foretold 2000 or 2000 plus years ago.......or 1980 plus years ago......whatever......a long time ago, that's for sure to be exact.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
...if you say there is no God who created all things, life's value certainly is questionable. God values life and especially His creatures which he endowed with free will, reasoning, and creative powers like His because He is good and He enjoys Himself and He enjoys all of His creatures who do what He designed them to do, to enjoy the freedom He gave them honorably, and to give their Creator all of the honor and glory for the life He gave them.

Why should a man complain about the punishment for his sins? God does not willingly afflict or grieve people. He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked. All who are turned against Him will be turned into the fire of Hell. God is not willing that any shoudl perish, but that all should come to repentance. Repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

Life Means God is Good!!!!! That is why it's value is unquestionable!!! For crying out loud, repent and believe on the LORD JESUS CHRIST and you will be saved from the fire of Hell!! God Himself (Jesus Christ) died in your place to pay for your crimes against Him and rose from the dead so He is just to punish your violations of His holy law with the fire of Hell if you reject His payment for your sins and you refuse His offer of pardon through the blood he paid with for you......God's gift offer is eternal life, salvation from the fire of Hell which we all deserve! Recieve the LORD JESUS CHRIST as your Saviour through faith and you will be a child of God and heaven.

Let me know if I can help you pray about this.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
LifeMeansGodIsGood
sure there is an atheistic vision of the future. It's humanism. Ya'll want world peace, or reduction of world population to 500 million or something like that. If you have no vision of the future, that's ok.....some people prefer to bury their head in the sand rather than try to see the road ahead.
Posted by ArcTImes 3 years ago
ArcTImes
there is no " atheistic vision of the future".
Atheism is only about the non belief on god. We can disagree on everything else. literally everything.
Posted by medv4380 3 years ago
medv4380
Ragnar"k
LifeMeansGodIsGood
that's a blockworthy comment
Posted by ben671176 3 years ago
ben671176
The Future will be the future, Duh.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 3 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
LifeMeansGodIsGoodtahir.imanovTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con cited Quranic verses, while Pro cited nothing. This debate was *wonderful* to read.
Vote Placed by WillRiley 3 years ago
WillRiley
LifeMeansGodIsGoodtahir.imanovTied
Reasons for voting decision: The Bible's end times prophecy, while I believe it will happen, can not be proven or disproven. The debate obviously set up badly and makes no sense, so the only way that one could win a debate like this is to prove that the Bibles prophecy, which can not be done.
Vote Placed by telisw37 3 years ago
telisw37
LifeMeansGodIsGoodtahir.imanovTied
Reasons for voting decision: Current event prove the bible is correct. Gaza is an example. Psalm 83 King James Version (KJV) 83 Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God. 2 For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head. 3 They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones. 4 They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance. 5 For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee: 6 The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes; 7 Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre; 8 Assur also is joined with them: they have holpen the children of Lot. Selah.
Vote Placed by Siladheil 3 years ago
Siladheil
LifeMeansGodIsGoodtahir.imanovTied
Reasons for voting decision: No sources were used from either position. In my opinion, the only person who made any sort of reference to anything was Con.