TiffStache
na13scisk

Enforce The Dress Code!!!

TiffStache

Pro

Some people say, "Boys need to just grow up, girls showing their skin and wearing what they want is unconditionally acceptable." May I just say, boys do need to grow up. But their most likely not going to. According to NPR (National Public Radio) most people are not fully mature until they're 25. Dress codes are not there to "ruin your life". They're there to make sure what you wear is appropriate. They are in no way shape or form unreasonable. They are there to guide you and show you how to present yourself in public. They're not going to kill you. You can still represent yourself, but in a appropriate way. What I'm trying to say is kids/teens should have a dress code through Primary, Middle and High school.
na13scisk

Con

Dress codes should not exist. This is because it restricts the kids' freedom to express themselves and it doesn't allow them the rights that everyone should have. People should be allowed to wear whatever they like. One example of a dress code restriction is not being allowed to wear all the same color. This is enforced to stop gangs and gang violence. Someone might want to wear the same color because they like that color or they believe it matches or looks good. This does not have any violent motive but they may get in trouble or be accused of gang violence. Also wearing uniforms does not ensure lower rates of violence because people with violent motives will still have them despite uniforms.

(1) http://www.wahijournal.org...
(2) http://everydaylife.globalpost.com...
TiffStache

Pro

I'm just going to point out it is a privilege to dress like a slut, not a right. You can express yourself just fine with a dress code. People may think it limits your ability to tell a little bit about yourself by how you dress, but if you're that scantily dressed and not being able to wear appropriate things then all it shows is that you really need something (a dress code) to show you the appropriate attire for when you step out into the public. If you're dressed like a slut then, I hope you don't mind it when you're being called one. Not all dress codes have color restrictions and I'm not talking about school uniforms. I'm talking about no spaghetti straps and your shorts have to be longer than mid thigh, along with skirts.
na13scisk

Con

na13scisk forfeited this round.
TiffStache

Pro

Please refer to round 1 and 2. (:
na13scisk

Con

Sorry about last round...

Having a dress code suppresses a students individuality. If they want to dress like a slut, that's their decision. It may not be mature but that's what they are comfortable with. Students learn better and can focus more when they are comfortable. If someone is comfortable in slutty clothes then that's their freedom. Also, it is not a right it is a freedom because you also do not have the right to go tell a person what to wear or place restrictions on what a person wears. It is their freedom. If other people are distracted by it, it is their problem because many other people can withstand this and they can concentrate on their work. However if a few people get distracted by this it is their problem for not having a firm mind and decision. In addition, shorts shorter than mid-thigh are not really a problem because it does not reveal as much. It does reveal a little but just extending the short a little won't make a big difference. Thus, dress codes should not be enforced.
Posted by Osiris_Rosenthorne 2 years ago
Osiris_Rosenthorne
Grrrr, sorry, my iPads battery died on me, and I left my charger in school. My apologies again :(
Posted by TiffStache 2 years ago
TiffStache
Accept is what i meant.
Posted by TiffStache 2 years ago
TiffStache
Please do except.
Osiris_Rosenthorne
Is it okay for me to accept, I fear I'm kinda new to this :/