cfitz22
GiantSpoonMan

English Grammar in Schools

cfitz22

Con

FORMAT
Round One: Acceptance, greetings, and brief introduction to topic position.
Round Two: Opening statements and primary argument.
Round Three: Supporting argument.
Round Four: Summary of stance in the situation.

Overall, I believe that the subject of having English grammar taught in schools is simply useless. I can understand the phonetic classes, but does it really seem like something we should have to learn? I can speak and write fluently already, I do not need the additional support in this respect. Although I can see the point in literature and reading classes, knowing how to identify the adjectives in a sentence simply does not seem useful. Although it is helpful in the identification of words in sentences for new learners, I think that the subject should then be classified as an elective class for those who do not speak English at home.
GiantSpoonMan

Pro

cfitz22

Con

cfitz22 forfeited this round.
GiantSpoonMan

Pro

I am going to make an extremely quick argument due to the fact that my opponent has forfeit his round.

English should be taught in schools because students should know how to speak their native language fluently. Without knowing proper grammar sentences can be confusing and hard to follow. Example, They're cats or, Their cats. One sentence is saying they are cats while the other is talking about someones cats.
cfitz22

Con

cfitz22 forfeited this round.
GiantSpoonMan

Pro

Extend arguments.
cfitz22

Con

cfitz22 forfeited this round.
GiantSpoonMan

Pro

Vote pro.