DiegoJuan403
EveWasHere

Entertain young Muslims to stop Isis recruiters for example using video games

DiegoJuan403

Pro

Young muslims are board therefore going into Isis this can be seen in small cities in the united stats were people who are board overdose on heroin.
EveWasHere

Con

Clubs, activities and sport are available almost everywhere you go for youth why do we need more ? . It seems like the "in" thing to do these days for teenagers is to say goodbye to family, fly out to Istanbul, and embark on a long trek to Syria to join ISIS, the latest terror group drawing international headlines: I don't believe any of these teens go because they are bored. However, if 'entertaining' young muslims does indeed lower the chances of them joining Isis then where are these video games going to come from ? It is a parents job to prevent their child from joining.
DiegoJuan403

Pro

Clubs, activities and sport are available in a lots of places but not in small rural areas. Have you ever had that feeling that you don't want to live but just skip a couple years. Its happened to me and sometimes you what to spice up your life which can be good some people enter sports but also people enter drugs and gangs. Underage people who join gangs are about 35% in 2011. Gangs can be similar then Isis for couple reason. Your family, religion and friends affect it. People who join gangs aren't rich. People would join gangs are underage. Which this is how Isis gets its new members young people who are board and what to try something new. Just think how people live there. There is not much gaming or TV. All you have is friends and doing dumb stuff. Over there there isn't much to do with a war. Which lead to boardom which leads to mistakes. People in small cities have a high heroin overdose problem. There reason the have a high overdose problem is because there isn't much to do in small cities and they try chasing the dragon.
EveWasHere

Con

Only 14 percent of teens are in gangs and the average age for a gang member is 17 to 18 years old, so whilst keeping them entertained/ not bored may help and prevent gangs; will sport and video games really work on youth of that age ? Opportunity to make money, thrill seeking, protection from bullies, desire for prestige, and a chance to belong are the main reasons we see people join gangs. very very few gangs are linked to Isis, if not at all. Gangs only cause problems in the area they are in and nothing they do is ever as extreme as some of the things Isis do.
DiegoJuan403

Pro

The information may be a little off because it was in 2011 and I treating Isis like gangs because there similar excluding mass killings which Isis does. "Opportunity to make money, thrill seeking, protection from bullies, desire for prestige, and a chance to belong are the main reasons we see people join gangs"-by you. Its true but I'm asking myself if my reason is good and valid. I'm not saying gangs are Isis i'm saying they're targeting method is similar. They both use social media and target similar people. I made this point in the last round. I'm saying its a point that can be the start of finishing Isis,
EveWasHere

Con

Overall, just because two things are similar or have the same qualities doesn't mean they are the same, or should be treated the same. Although not completely different, gangs and Isis have no clear link - and any evidence found to link them together has unfortunately never been strong enough to support this idea. Then again it is a matter of opinion, there is no wrong or right answer to this. However, what I see as a best fit is to educate and give all youth adequate housing early on from the start of their life to prevent gangs, I could go on about how poverty and poor areas of this world make this almost impossible to do. but it would be never ending. Drugs, crime, poverty and so on have a domino effect on gangs and terrorism and the world we know today.
Posted by Furyan5 11 months ago
Furyan5
its bored