Sean_Norbury
travis18352

Environment

Sean_Norbury

Sean_Norbury

Pro

We need to stop focusing the argument on global warming and focus more on the morality of these environmental issues we are facing. There is no arguing morals, there is just right and wrong. What we are doing to the environment is wrong and there is no way to argue that. Global Warming is an issue that can be argued, so why bother.
travis18352

Con

i accept this debate.
Sean_Norbury

Pro

Why should we spend so much of our effort focusing on global warming when it is something that is debatable? I know that we are causing global warming to rise at a faster than normal rate, but our planet's climate has always changed, therefore, they will always have that on their side when it comes to that argument. They have no leg to stand on when it comes to the morality of what we are doing to the environment. Just take a look at what the Canadian Tar Sands looks like. Global warming is a very, very important issue and we need to take the necessary steps to slowing it down as much as we can and also start preparing for it. I hear about global warming much more than I hear about the real issues causing it.
travis18352

Con

first of all we have a very very little effect on global warming. we shouldnt focus on global warming because there is nothing we can do to slow it down. global warming is being used by people like al gore to strike fear in the hearts of millions to make money. we dont need to take any steps to slow it down because we cant.
Sean_Norbury

Pro

So you believe that all of the garbage we are pumping into the environment has very little to do with global warming? I was looking for a different sort of debate response, but I will take whatever route you choose. Certain molecules exhibit certain behaviors that lead to certain outcomes. I do not feel like writing some big scientific explanation to you because you don't seem like the science type. Yes, there are greedy people out there who use global warming to make money. Some humans will try to make a dollar without even the slightest thought of the morality of their actions. So where do you want to take this debate?
travis18352

Con

your right i aint the science type. not sure what else to say other than we have a very minimal effect on global warming. i also dont think it exists because when i walk outside its colder than a witches tit every day but i like it.
Sean_Norbury

Pro

Take a trip to the Arctic, it's getting warmer there. I was looking for someone who believes that what we are doing has an effect on the environment, but you took the challenge. The planet's temperature has always fluctuated. It starting warming quicker once the industrial revolution started. Just because it is cold outside right now does not mean global warming is not going on, and it definitely does not mean that we have nothing to do with it. This sounds like Faux News gibberish to me.
travis18352

Con

getting warmer there? it is summer there i believe i may be wrong on that. but 5 years ago al gore said the north pole would be ice free but its 60 percent bigger now then it was then. there is nothing we can do to stop global warming. the temp will keep going up and down for the next billion years. and dont give me the faux news crap.
Sean_Norbury

Pro

It is getting warmer in general. It is the speed at which it is warming that is a cause for concern. I don't care what Al Gore says about anything. I care about science, education, and the planet. No, we can't stop global warming, it is a natural process, but we can slow it down as we prepare for the climate change. I will give you the Faux News crap because Faux News is responsible for putting "crap" out. They are agenda pushers just like MSNBC and all the other media outlets.
travis18352

Con

ik its the final round but how can we slow it down? its impossible to slow it down because we have minimal effect on it.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Krazzy_Player
Sean_Norburytravis18352Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Better arguments by Pro.