Nickc92
TD29

Epic Songs

TD29

Nickc92

Pro

I saw a debate in which both debaters post songs back and forth to see which songs were more epic and in the voting period, the voters decide who had more epic choices. I was a fan of that debate and wanted to do one for myself. I believe that I have the ability to win this. So whoever decides to accept this challenge, you will have 4 chances to come up with the most epic songs you can. Any genre of song is welcome (except for a movie soundtrack song). "Epic" meaning; grand & monumental sounding and possibly with a message and/or story to match. This is just a friendly debate, I think it will be fun. With that said, I start with this song;

This song is an epic tale of of a man (during the Oklahoma Land Rush of 1893) leaving his woman to make a journey to find their future home, and she never leaves his mind. His journey is explained in the song.

GOOD LUCK TO MY OPPONENT AND LETS HAVE SOME FUN WITH THIS
TD29

Con

This should be a fun battle, I thank the opposition for putting this debate up.

As for my song, I have chosen tale of a man as well that many of us are familiar with. Enjoy.
Nickc92

Pro

Thank you for accepting my challenge. This will quite an enjoyable battle. It looks like our choices of songs are significantly different.

For my next song, I am choosing a song that tells a story that, as well, many are familiar with. Along with the epic instrumental nature of this song, it tells the story of the Holocaust. It is a very powerful song, but also very enjoyable.
TD29

Con

One of my personal favorites here.
Nickc92

Pro

Not a terrible song, though I don't quite see the epic-ness of it... but thats why there are voters.

I am choosing a song by the legendary Iron Maiden. This song is practically and anthem.
TD29

Con

Iron Maiden is always a good choice.
Now moving into my choice of genre, One of the more underrated songs by Brand New. Excellent chorus and rhythm.
Nickc92

Pro

That one definitely has more epic-ness to it than the last one... I will give you that. However, I do not believe that anything can compare with my last choice.

For my final contribution to this debate, I will be providing one of the most epic songs I know and love. Once again, by Sabaton, I give you, the pure, melodic, epically brilliant piece of music, "The Art of War."

This song makes me want to run onto the the battlefield with William Wallace in the Battle of Stirling, and kill some people Braveheart style.

So I urge the voters, my opponents songs cannot compare to the epic compositions I've chosen, vote for my songs!

I thank my opponent for this entertaining debate, and I look forward to his last selection.
TD29

Con

For my last choice I decided to use My Chemical Romance's cover of Bob Dylan's "Desolation Row". A pure sense and feel of Rock and Roll here.

I want to thank my opponent for this debate and expanding my musical understandings.
Posted by Loserboi 6 years ago
Loserboi
I liked this debate but these are really hard to win... voter could be genre biased
Posted by zGodMode 6 years ago
zGodMode
Using Quiet Things was the best decision you could have made.
Vote Placed by Loserboi 6 years ago
Loserboi
Nickc92TD29Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro stated no song from a movie soundtrack and Con used a song from Watchmen soundtrack so conduct goes to pro.
Vote Placed by Scyrone 6 years ago
Scyrone
Nickc92TD29Tied
Reasons for voting decision: "'Epic' meaning; grand & monumental" Pro was not epic. Although his individual songs were epic (power metal being one of my favorite genres of music), he played the same genre of songs one after the other. Con went for rap, indie, rock, and punk. There is more genre picked than Pro in Con. That is why I know he won the debate.