AnthonyH
josephg8998

Equality and freedom are ideals, we are not all the same and are all bound by laws

josephg8998 has forfeited round #1.

AnthonyH

Pro

Equality is needed because we are concerned about injustice and each others obvious differences and freedom is needed we don't like feeling like we're being trapped or controlled. They're ideals, nothing more, something to strive for so that we don't fall into chaos.

In reality we are all different in some way, and we are all bound by some law, whether by government or nature.

So this is what these words mean to me (in social context).

Equality - Equal rights and opportunity for all (regardless of race, gender, class etc.) A standard upon which people are "persuaded" not be arrogant and feel superior.

Freedom - Having enough choice and space to be happy.

So, in reality, we are not all equal (literally) and we can never really be free (literally). This might sound negative and depressing but it's not really, it's just a part of life.
Posted by AnthonyH 8 months ago
AnthonyH
Totally new subject now - can ignore comments below :)
Posted by AnthonyH 8 months ago
AnthonyH
(Face palm) Lol! Ok. I already said Southern Russia in my opening argument ... I need to look at maps and research a bit more before I debate this. Gonna cancel it ...
Posted by AnthonyH 8 months ago
AnthonyH
Ech ... I meant "still in debate".
Posted by AnthonyH 8 months ago
AnthonyH
NestorTheZizek- Sorry that was stupid statement- Caucasus is a tiny a little area on the border of Europe. As far as I know it's all old theory that's still in debated.
Posted by AnthonyH 8 months ago
AnthonyH
NestorTheZizek - But Caucasus is not in Europe.
Posted by NestorTheZizek 8 months ago
NestorTheZizek
Caucasian actually just means you are of European descent. All white people come from Europe, and that's a fact