elysian85
YYW

Eric Clapton (post-Cream) is solely responsible for the alternative music genre.

elysian85

Pro

Resolved: Eric Clapton (post-Cream) is solely responsible for the alternative music genre.

I challenge YYW to assume Con to my Pro in this debate of musical proliferation. If he is possessed of any masculine tendencies he will be quick to contend my instigation and is encouraged to respond with brute argumentative force.

Pro assumes the Burden of Proof in this debate while Con's role is merely to refute.

Rules of Engagement:

Video evidence shall stand to save character space.
Lyrical content shall be open to interpretation and need only be linked.
Up to (6) six Eric Clapton songs may be cited without requesting addendum in Comments.
Anecdotal evidence shall apply.
Ad Hominem shall be considered a viable form of retort.
Insults and citing poor music taste shall be considered as evidence.
Semantics shall apply.

Rd. 1 is acceptance.
Rd. 2 is presentation of opening arguments, in which insults (between instigator and contender, NOT Clapton) are considered good form and the higher level of wit and clever relevance should be a factor in voting.
Rd. 3 is rebuttal in which superior musical palette should be a factor in voting.
Rd. 4 is closing arguments.

Pro will be, at all times, considered to less physically attractive than Con, as his face, in the spirit of the late Charles Bronson, can be analogously referred to as a coal mine fractured by dynamite.

Con will be, at all times, considered to be more arrogant than Pro, as he chooses to live in Europe when it is common knowledge that all Europeans are stuck-up socialists who think that knowing which of five available dinner forks to use is an indication of superior intellectual prowess.

Note to YYW: I know what your handle means, so acting all mysterious will get you nowhere with me, a-hole.

Second note to YYW: I am very aware that Bavaria vehicles are largely superior to Detroit vehicles. However, let the record reflect that a BMW is in fact, less sexy than a comparable Lincoln. Plus, Lincoln's have superior sound systems. And as the nature of our debate is focused around the 90s alternative music genre in question, we are to assume that neither you nor I possess a BMW or a Lincoln as that would mean we are wealthy (i.e. not true to the slacker-spirit of the 90s alternative music scene).

Third note to YYW: I've been to contiguous Europe. Its musical palette can be properly acquainted to David Guetta's inception as a superstar DJ. This, in itself, is a proper demonstration of aural mediocrity. Therefore, by de facto, you are a proper demonstration of aural mediocrity.

I'll leave it to the judges to decide whether Pro, herein referred to as 'Ugly,' or Con referred to as 'A-hole,' has the superior musical palette and can prove or disprove, beyond a shadow of a doubt that Eric Clapton (post-Cream) is solely responsible for the alternative music genre.

Your move, A-hole.
YYW

Con

I accept. Judges please be aware (1) that this a troll debate and (2) that I am an @sshole.

Peace and Love,

YYW
elysian85

Pro

elysian85 forfeited this round.
YYW

Con

YYW forfeited this round.
elysian85

Pro

elysian85 forfeited this round.
YYW

Con

YYW forfeited this round.
elysian85

Pro

elysian85 forfeited this round.
YYW

Con

YYW forfeited this round.