imsmarterthanyou98
Prodigy0789

Essay Writing Contest

imsmarterthanyou98

Pro

Hey!,I love writing, and improving my writing so hopefully somone will provide a worthy challenge and critisism.

Simple rules...

We take turns proposing a topic.

In the form of a quesition.

Con your first :)

If you noticed I put this debate under philosophy...I'd rather the Essay topic be somthing asbtract/concept.

Voters please ignore trivial grammatical mistakes for the both of us.

Vote rather on substance.

Let's have some fun :D

Thanks.

Prodigy0789

Con

I'll post the first round as acceptance. So I just pick a topic and start talking? Please answer in comments or message me. Thanks and let's have a fair and enjoyable debate.
imsmarterthanyou98

Pro

What is most important to you and why?

“Love” a deceivingly simple four letter word comprising the ethos of humanity. Yet it’s meaning ineffable. The unparalleled bliss and unfathomable euphoria may only be experienced, language is not worthy of properly expressing the terminus of grandiosity and magnificence created by the transcendental sensation named “love”. Consequentially words are inadequate to encapsulate the interminable profundity of despair, anguish and incorporeal agony that the risk of love may torment us with. Ironically, love exemplifies both the highest peak and lowest valley in the landscape of possible experiences. “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...” – Charles Dickens. The unquantifiable supremacy of love, above all else, flows from its essential nature in humanity. Love is the necessary moral foundation for humanity. Love’s intrinsic goodness empowers society, it is why we care for one another, it is why we work together, it is why we exist. Our existence is owed to this instantaneous yet incommunicable bond between a mother and a child. It is called love. Love is worth living and dying for. It is what has captivated poets, philosophers and romantics throughout millennia. It is a risk, one may either fall victim to its perils or reap the bounties aforementioned. Love is a risk worth taking regardless. However, to love takes courage. The possibility of getting hurt must be blissfully ignored. Love is dauntless. Love is oblivious. Love is passionately blind. Love is to me is of paramount importance.
Prodigy0789

Con

Prodigy0789 forfeited this round.
Prodigy0789

Con

Prodigy0789 forfeited this round.
imsmarterthanyou98

Pro

imsmarterthanyou98 forfeited this round.
Prodigy0789

Con

Prodigy0789 forfeited this round.
Posted by Prodigy0789 1 year ago
Prodigy0789
Alright:
Mandatory Vaccinations
Economies of colonized Nations
Creationism in Schools
Confederate Flag
OR YOU CHOOSE
Posted by imsmarterthanyou98 1 year ago
imsmarterthanyou98
Yeah, post a question. I'll start.
Posted by anime-arguments 1 year ago
anime-arguments
I don't know if you want to choose who you debate, but I am interested. Please leave a comment on my page if I can accept.
Posted by Lsumichiganfan 1 year ago
Lsumichiganfan
I am smarter than you? Mean username.....
Posted by Discipulus_Didicit 1 year ago
Discipulus_Didicit
Nevermind. Just noticed it says 'in the form of a question'. That answers my question.
Posted by Discipulus_Didicit 1 year ago
Discipulus_Didicit
To clarify-If I accept then I propose a topic like zenos paradoxes (it doesn't get much more abstract than that) you simply write an essay giving information on the topic WITHOUT necessarily giving an opinion or taking a stance on the topic, and vice versa, and the better writing quality (as decided by voters) wins. Is this correct?