muslimnomore
2daniel

Eternal Punishment in Hell for thought crimes is unjust

muslimnomore

Pro

This debate is with regards to the Islamic version of hell. Jahannam is a place of unthinkable torment, which will be occupied forever by those who:
1. simply do not believe that Allah exists or is worthy of worship
2. believe that Allah has equals/partners
3. believe that there are gods other than Allah.

I will try to demonstrate that this idea that God will punish people simply for not believing in him is not just. My arguments are well-outlined in this video (which is not my work):

I will leave it up to my opponent to explain why eternal torment in hell for simply not believing in god is just.
2daniel

Con

Hello muslimnomore, this is my first time debating so I am not very good. I hope you will understand. I am not a Muslim, I am a christian, but the rule applies for both types of religion. Also, there is a hell for Christians too. So I will continue to go against your argument.
I will be looking through the christian point of veiw (Muslim believes the first part of christian). God is the one who created us and he is the one who is under control. He wants us to love him as he loves us. This is one of the main reason he created us. Since god wants us to follow him, he gave us rules to follow and to keep him worthy of worship. He also told us not to worship other gods. Which human did break that rule which made our god mad.
Even though god loves us, he still needs to punish us like our parents do when we do bad things. If we did something bad when we were young, we got punished from our parents. It is like the same thing. Even in the religious book, god tells us he is our father. Which makes perfect sense why god will do such things.
God also told us not to believe that there are other gods. Our god have all the rights to be mad at us if we worship other gods because he is the real one. Since he created us he should be the one who is getting the praise.
So if we don't follow our god and do bad things in our life, we should get punished. Of course god will get mad if we don't follow him, and if there is no such thing as hell, why would people not do bad things. We, as Christians don't want people to go to hell, so we try to prevent that by tell other people about it. Also, since there can't be any sin in heaven, they need to go to hell. Which is not a pleasant place to be.
muslimnomore

Pro

I do not mean to be rude, and I thank you for trying to debate with me here. However, in order to avoid being a person with double-standards, I will have to use the same harsh tone with you as I would with any other opponent who does not read my posts carefully.

1) I clearly stated that I am specifically talking about the Islamic Hell. I don't care if Muslims believe 'the first part of Christianity' (whatever that means), there are significant differences between the Islamic and Christian ideas of justice and salvation and I do not want to discuss Christianity here.
2) Your incoherent argument demonstrates that you did not watch the video because it just restates the ridiculous points that are refuted in the video. God gets mad because of something his weak and feeble creations 'think'? And this is supposed to be a Wise being? Get real!
3) You say that god is 'under control' and I think that you meant to say that God is 'in control', which further suggests to me that this is going to be less of a debate and more of me trying to understand what your verbal diarrhoea could possibly mean.
2daniel

Con

Thank You for making me understand. I can tell that you are an experienced speaker. I can tell that I can no longer go against my top since I am not a Muslim. Therefore I will forfeit.
muslimnomore

Pro

alright thanks. sorry if i offended you.
2daniel

Con

2daniel forfeited this round.
muslimnomore

Pro

forfeiting... not sure if there's a better way to do this. it's getting annoying.
2daniel

Con

2daniel forfeited this round.
muslimnomore

Pro

forfeiting
2daniel

Con

2daniel forfeited this round.
Posted by tahir123 3 years ago
tahir123
He is not mean He is just, define mean? there would be no justice without Hell, I could kill as many people as I want and get away with it, Hitler killed 6 million jews and then killed himself, so he got away with what he did in your worldview, but in the correct worldview which is Sunni Islam He did not, He is going to hell and his fate is sealed,

Without Hell you cannot say what is right or wrong, it would just be your delusion, God said killing people is wrong, so don't do it, of you will burn in hell,

Hell explains what is right or wrong, so repent today and become a good Sunni Muslim and you will go to heaven inshallah, then you won't have to worry about burning in hell forever inshallah
Posted by muslimnomore 3 years ago
muslimnomore
sounds awful. why is god so mean?
Posted by tahir123 3 years ago
tahir123
But an eternal punishment better, because when you go to hell, you are stuck there forever, so repent now, otherwise in hell you will be crying to get out, but you will never get out, and you will regret those 80 years of sin, so repent now or you won't get a second chance in the afterlife, inshallah
Posted by muslimnomore 3 years ago
muslimnomore
a thousand years of unimaginable suffering won't prevent anyone from refraining from 80 years of sins?
Posted by tahir123 3 years ago
tahir123
So believe in Allah (swat) and believe that Muhammad (saw) is His Last Prophet

There is NO God besides Allah (swat) and There is and will be NO Prophet after Muhammad (saw), so become a Good Muslim, not a Qadiani or a Christian or an athiest or a hindu or a jew or any other disbeliever, but only be a Muslim and you will live in paradise forever, inshallah

if you follow any other path besides Islam you will roast in hell forever inshallah
Posted by tahir123 3 years ago
tahir123
Hell is forever, so repent now and become a Good Muslim inshallah

otherwise you will get no second chances in the hereafter inshallah
Posted by tahir123 3 years ago
tahir123
http://www.islamqa.com...

http://islamqa.info...

Yes according to the Quran hell is forever, once you go in you will never come out, inshallah

and it is just, so people who sin do not get away with it

If hell wasn't forever we could sin all we want, and just go to hell for 1000 years, and then go to heaven

and if hell did not exist, we could sin all we want and get away with it, and there would be no punishment

and the sinners will never be sorry and get what they deserve

so yes Hell is real and is forever, so repent now, and worship God alone, or you won't get any second chances after this life, inshallah
Posted by muslimnomore 3 years ago
muslimnomore
this debate concerns the sunni version of islam. based upon your name i am guessing you are an ahmadiyya muslim. i have no idea what the ahmadiyya perspective is on hell. i am sure they've made up some stuff about what hell is really like and i am not interested in going there or learning about it from a pompous individual like yourself.
thanks to your community for producing abdissalam, it is unfortunate that ahmadiyyas or so oppressed and discriminated against in pakistan. thank you and goodbye.
Posted by IslamAhmadiyya 3 years ago
IslamAhmadiyya
Hey I'll debate the Pro on this, just send a challenge over to me.