jalarcon
rdub

Ethics Lying , Cheating, Stealing Is it ok or not?

jalarcon

Pro

It is if you are doing it to save someone not make someone have sorrow to help others around you
rdub

Con

lying,stealing,and cheating is not okay. One reason is you can really hurt someone. Also you can put someone in alot in depth. Plus stealing is illegal.
jalarcon

Pro

Do you happen to have children, When you don't have anything to give your children family anything to eat would it make it ok for you to steal I recently heard a case where the police officer that went to the store where this woman had stolen some food ended up buying the girl groceries for her and her children so is it really wrong
rdub

Con

like i said lying,stealing, and cheating is really bad
jalarcon

Pro

You are going off your beliefs and don't have anything to support why its bad
rdub

Con

rdub forfeited this round.
Posted by rdub 2 years ago
rdub
about your argument with the police officer. that's not stealing that's buying
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Never said I didn't. But I did realize the consequences for lying.And it takes practice not to lie. I do not lie. Even if it hurts me I will not lie.If I make a mistake, I fess up immediately.Don't let your mind find ways to wiggle out of it.Now if it seems to hurt someone, then keep your mouth shut. Learn the vocabulary of silence.If someone asks you to go somewhere quit the excuses. Just say " NO." Then listen to the silence. They are waitng for the excuse. Do not give any. Jesus said, " let your yes be yes and your no be no. All excuses come from evil.

There was a wife that asked her husband, " Does this dress make me look fat". He said, " No, your fat makes you look fat". That was not in his best interest. But one thing it did do was make her think next time put the fork down a little sooner.
Posted by jalarcon 2 years ago
jalarcon
A lie is a lie no matter what kind correct so have you ever said that you are not home when those pesky telemarketers call or told someone their dress looked nice when you didn't think so told a child their drawing was the most wonderful drawing in the world called in sick when you really weren't
Posted by jalarcon 2 years ago
jalarcon
so you have never lied?
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Never OK to do. Either be honest or keep your mouth shut. Lying for any reason is still lying.And in the long run will only serve mistrust.
Vote Placed by Risen 2 years ago
Risen
jalarconrdubTied
Reasons for voting decision: Very poor debate, sorry.