blazin_asian
corridor

Eugenics("Designer babies)

blazin_asian

Con

Designer babies are ethically wrong. Designer babies are wrong because they go against a lot of religions and peoples believe on how babies are made "naturally". (Livescience.org) Also it is ethically wrong because babies are grown in a petridish till week three of development then injected into the mother. Additionally designer babies wont have go through the natural process of birth.-DR. Joey P.(designer babies/blog.org )
corridor

Pro

Designer babies are natural. Through out time people of all religion and backgrounds have want to make a stronger, better baby. (onelife.com) The idea of making a better offspring have been around for ever. But with limited science people just found a good mate to make a good baby. But now with the advancement of science we can do what people have always want, to make a stronger, smart, more beautiful baby, to carry on their legacy and the human race.(eugenics-baby-design.com) This is not ethically wrong, is it unethical to try and make a baby that will survive? No it unethical to let babies die because there not strong enough to pass through natural selection.(eugenic-baby-design.com)
blazin_asian

Con

Designer baby are not natural. According to Biologydefinitions.com the definition for natural baby is a baby that sexual reproduction. 1 out of 5 designer babies are born with a genetic problem. A lot of the problems are like if the parents try to change the hair color it can turn off the gene that controls hair growth. Also 55% of all embryos planted into the mothers die before the full development.(designerbaby.org)
corridor

Pro

I understand that there are some miner problems that could happen, but isn't that true with everything. Eugenic has the possibility to STOP all future disabilities and negative mutation from every happening again in the human race. (eugenics-baby-designer.com) Also this process of getting ride of disabilities and mutation will eventually get rid of themselves but with Eugenic the human race can speed up this process of getting rid of disabilities and mutation (negative) faster. (eunics-baby-descom). I know Eugenic can be bad, like when the Nazi tried to use it. The Nazi used a radical version of Eugenic, and we all know radical things can be very bad, but what they did was try to stop insanity, disability and try to help the human race by breading humans. So even in negative light Eugenic good outcome can come from it.
blazin_asian

Con

As you said the Nazis did you use designer babies, and not in any good way either. One main thing that they did was inject fertilized eggs with sicknesses and types of cancers. The reason why he did that in because they wanted to see how cancers affected babies. Also they used designer babies to make clones. Hitler wanted more clones so he could grow his army bigger and stronger. The worst thing that they did was try to mate animals with humans. They did this because the wanted to make super humans.
corridor

Pro

(*History lesson) The Nazi did have major advisement to modern day science. Also the Nazi did not just do this to random people, each woman inseminated signed up for it and agreed to the procedure(so they agreed to do it.) They want to make stronger humans, but so did half the world, like I said they just were radicals. Done right eugenics can make the next generation stronger than our current generation, we can make humans closer to perfection allowing our race to grow and most importantly survive.(imsnresmet.blogspot.com). With eugenics we can make are offspring smarter, improving our chance of survival as a race, we could design doctors and scientist.(show on picture on the imsnresmet.blospot.com)
blazin_asian

Con

Like i said in my first point designer babies go against many religions. Many religion believe that a baby should be made natural (sex). Also doctors and scientists cant play the role of God. Why shouldn't a baby be born natural? Just because you want a baby that has to fit all your standers wont make the baby unique.(ethicalscience.org)
corridor

Pro

Well talking about religion, some religion believe that we should sacrifice humans (don't seem like neither are good). Scientist have been doing this for a while with plants and animals. We have made animals and plants more stronger so why wouldn't we want to do that to are own specie. (helix.northwestern.edu). We could add IGF-I gene to humans and like mice it would enlarge are muscle and strength us or we could add PPAR-S to humans to allow us to burn fat faster destroying obesity. (Onelife.com) This isn't playing God, this is trying to survive
blazin_asian

Con

Okay should it be fair for only the rich families to be able to make a designer baby. Why should the poor or middle class be able to make to design a baby they want. A normal naturally made baby take around 10$ to 100$ to make and a designer babies costs from 180,000$ and up. (designerbabies.org)
corridor

Pro

First I thought just making babies was free, I guess it can cost $100 if you buy a prostitute. But of course designer babies are going to cost a lot now, but that is only because it is such a new procedure. Give time and pretty soon everyone will be able do do this.( dnalc.org) This is just like every new innovation it expensive at first but then after a while every one has one or does it, Like the television, when it first came out not many people could afford one but a few years(20 years) later 98% of people in America has one in their house.(http://www.nyu.edu...) So just give Eugenics time and you will see how cheaper and acceptable it will becomes. And it make sense that it is expensive now because it can stop all major disabilities, negative mutation also it can make humans stronger and smarter.
Posted by gigi_smash 3 years ago
gigi_smash
i agree with the con side(not just because Justin is a meanie butt) but lso because i believe it's ethiclly wrong to mess with the way babies are concieved/are. You should love your baby no matter what the genetics,hair color, etc.Just be happy you had one inhe first place. Gina 5th period
Posted by MadisonJohnson 3 years ago
MadisonJohnson
I agree with the Pro side. This whole designer babies idea just seems cool. If it doesn't work out, then sure, get rid of it. But honestly, I think that people should have the choice of their baby should be like.
-Madison J. 5th
Posted by PimpDaddy-1 3 years ago
PimpDaddy-1
I agree with the pro side because if Eugenics can stop all types of disabilities, then why not. Like the pro side said, many people throughout time have wanted a strong baby even those who were very religious. Having these designer babies, if raised right, can accomplish many great things for the human race.
Chris S. 5th
Posted by foreverkayleigh 3 years ago
foreverkayleigh
Although Justin gives a lot of good points Tristan is brings ethics into it. It is morally wrong to many people. I don't believe we should make babies to be the perfect child we want. It is unnatural and not just. I like the comparisons that Tristan uses also. Kayleigh Saal per.5
Posted by bgarn 3 years ago
bgarn
Brinkley G. 5
I agree with the con side of the argument but i feel like the pro side has stronger points. Although designer babies sound cool it is like "playing god." If we could change children it could affect the world negatively or positively. Yes having a super athletic child would be cool but what if they hate sports. It is just tempering with humans and the future.
Posted by Munchin_Mitch 3 years ago
Munchin_Mitch
Mitch H.
Period 5
I may be contradicting my own enlargement in one way or another but I believe that the process of eugenics is a fairly humane thing. The set of genes used to create the baby are from the parents so in essence its just having a child that you view as absolutely perfect and doing so the first time instead of trying 85 times. This is not necessarily the greatest thing to do in fact it is very shallow but I see no ethical or humanitarian wrong doing here.
Posted by PreciousC 3 years ago
PreciousC
Designer babies are just unnatural as the con side said. The surprise of how a child will be when they grow up and watching these natural changes happen is one of the marvelous things about human life and it shouldn't be altered just to make more desirable people. (Precious C period 5)
Posted by EricGumina 3 years ago
EricGumina
I agree with blazin asian because altogether he had a stronger argument and better points. i also think that life shouldn't be tampered with however we could advance our civilization in terms of physically
Eric Giumina
period 5
Posted by IBeatEricGumina 3 years ago
IBeatEricGumina
I agree with blazin_asian because of the image he put in my head by stating "babies are grown in a petri dish till week three of development then injected into the mother. " That is just wrong, plain wrong. He is also convincing in stating that the parents should not be able to choose their baby's hair color. I believe nature should not be messed with, let nature take its course.

Anthony Gomez period 5
Posted by IBeatEricGumina 3 years ago
IBeatEricGumina