DeezNutz64
retrovision

Euro should be controlled by all the Eurozone members instead of Germany.

Started: 10/25/2015 Category: Economics

DeezNutz64

Pro

A very good morning, my name is John and I'm from England. To begin my debate, the Eurozone consists of Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain. They have two similarities between each other; the first one is that all of them belong in the European Union and the second one is that they all use the same currency, the Euro. Euro is currently controlled by Germany and Germany manipulates the interest rate and the monetary policies of the currency. However, the purpose for Euro is to unite all the European countries with the currency. I believe that all Eurozone countries should be given the chance to control the currency whereby each of them play a small role in controlling the interest rate, monetary policy and so on.
retrovision

Con

Our economists here in the US have been teasing Germany that it is the one that should get out of the EU. The euro should not be controlled by Eurozone members because they would vote that Germany pay off all their debts with no strings. The German people would say no. They're already mad and I know about it all the way in Oregon. That's mad. It's causing a lot of unrest in their own politics.

Playing the devils advocate. We give all the EU members a vote on how Germany should spend it's money. 5 minutes later there is no EU.
DeezNutz64

Pro

DeezNutz64 forfeited this round.
retrovision

Con

retrovision forfeited this round.
DeezNutz64

Pro

DeezNutz64 forfeited this round.
retrovision

Con

retrovision forfeited this round.
Posted by xoSanchezxo 1 year ago
xoSanchezxo
tough statement.