debatehanne
Navnit

Euthanaia should be legal in all states

debatehanne

Pro

There are two kinds of euthanasia, Active euthanasia and passive euthanasia. Active euthanasia is when a person does something to help you die. Passive euthanasia is when a person doesn"t do something to help you die; they stop helping to keep you alive.
I think both kinds should be legal in all states.
Some people have to die in pain. Why do they have to feel the pain in such a long time, if they could die peacefully?
A lot of teenagers commit suicide. I DON"T think they should get help to die, just because they have a bad time I their life. Teenagers are young and a lot can happen to them in the future. It"s different with old people, who is sick and just want to give up their life, and just want to die. So let euthanasia be legal in all states!
Navnit

Con

Everyone deserves to die in peace. But the truth is, there are people out there, who, if euthenasia were a legal method, would use it to rid of their relatives, parents friends etc. Be it old or young. Ailing people are pain to take care of. It would be much easier to end ones responsibilities towards a fellow human, masked by a veil of compassion and pity. If euthenasia is made legal, who is to stop scheming children from acquiring their inheritance by "putting to rest" their parent? It seems dramatic, but it does happen. Even the elders, if ill would only want to lessen their and their childrens burdain by opting for assisted suicide. They feel like it is the right thing to do, but, dont they have the right to live and die naturally? Dont they deserve to smile even if just once, remembering their past, or shedding a tear for an old memory, or spend a few more hours with their child, or grandchild? Dont they deserve the right to live and die on their own terms?
debatehanne

Pro

Of course people cannot just says, "I want to die now".
I know drugs can take a lot of the pain, but a lot of sick people stop with taking their drugs because they want to die! Why let them die in pain?? Why not make a deal with the sick persons family? If the family say "Ok let my dad or mom die in peacefully". No one will ever see someone from his or her families die in pain.
The patient can take drugs themselves, while the family holding the patients hand, so the patient fell save.
Today patients can die, while the family not is there with the patient. The family doesn"t have a chance to say goodbye.
I think all human being have rights to decide how and when to die, without commit suicide. Instead of all these people who commit suicide, they can talk with a doctor about active euthanasia, and get an executing.
Navnit

Con

Given enough time, doctors can cure most ailments. In that time, if the patient feels pain, there are drugs like morphine to reduce it. Human beings dont have the right to end their life, whatever the situation. Whoever or whatever force put them on this planet is the sole entity that can choose. Old age is a deceptive thing. A person who feels like he going to die at 75 might live to be 90. If they opt for euthenasia they would have lost so many experiences, so many happy moments. Doctors are preservers. Not executioners. They help heal and aid their patients through pain. They have no right to end a life. No one does.
debatehanne

Pro

If you had an animal who was suffering, won't you help it, and let it die? Its totally cruelty to animals to keep it alive. It's the same with humans. To keep a sick human alive, who really wants to die, make no sense. Humans DON'T even want to be kept alive with drugs. Yes, I can understand if it's a young boy or girl, who has for example cancer. Young people are fighters, and old humans aren't. Young humans believes in miracles, but old humans has experienced their live, and they biggest wish is just to have a peacefully dead. To keep old humans alive cost a lot of money. Why don't we use this money to keep other humans alive who really want to be kept alive? Why do we use money to people who wants to die? I know doctors are very talented and can cure a lot of ailments, but you have to open your eyes, there are also a lot of ailments that not can be cured, also if they used a lot of time. If the doctor says, "We can't cure the patient", I think it would be very stupid to keep the patient alive, who is so scared of a painfully dead, and maybe commit suicide just because of fear. Think about it. Putting a patient, who doesn"t see a light in the end of the tunnel, throw pain is not fair. It's not just the patient who goes throw pain; it's also the family.
Yes, doctors have the right to end a life, if the patient wants to. Doctors will always help their patients in the best way. If the best way were to die, doctors would help. I think it is really selfish to say that no one have the right to end a life. I know it can be tough to help a patient to die, but I think it's much harder to see the patient suffering.
I have these statistics:
More than a quarter of oncology patients had seriously thought about euthanasia or physician-assisted suicide and nearly 12 percent seriously discussed these interventions with physicians and others.
I hope i opened up your eyes for the good side of euthanasia!
Navnit

Con

Navnit forfeited this round.